• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK

Sums up exactly how I feel.

I'm long term sick and my health is only gonna get worse, other parts of my life have started falling apart the past 2-3 years, I never know how each day is gonna go, is it gonna be the normal sucky day or the extra sucky day where I'm filled with anxiety and dark thoughts and just dreading being awake for the shit that happen out of nowhere.

AEW Dynamite has been something to look forward to the past six months, something that banishes the misery away if only for a couple of hours every Thursday morning. I am incredibly grateful and thankful for having AEW to raise my spirits.

Fuck this virus so very, very much.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017

State-wide ban in New York for events over 500 people, starting 5PM tomorrow. Not a reccomendation, a ban.

AEW has to move

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Hey friends? These are uncertain times, but we can take solace in the fact that Triangulo de la Muerte have a banger theme.

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
AEW should still go on, but with no fans, for the time being. In place of fans, just have the Inner Circle be the fans each Wednesday. That'll be entertainment.

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Wrestling does not work without fans. I don't think that'd even be a consideration.

Jericho does have experience being a fan at the events

maxresdefault.jpg

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Weren't the old WCW spring break Nitros super tiny in terms of crowds? I still remember those shows being awesome.

I don't think they should go empty arena but small, centralized, studio-ish shows could keep things humming along for the time being

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I imagine even NXT won't be able to have 200 fans come in either at some point.

They will either have to do empty arena shows or give Matt Hardy free reign to do 2 hour videos.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

I'm long term sick and my health is only gonna get worse, other parts of my life have started falling apart the past 2-3 years, I never know how each day is gonna go, is it gonna be the normal sucky day or the extra sucky day where I'm filled with anxiety and dark thoughts and just dreading being awake for the shit that happen out of nowhere.

AEW Dynamite has been something to look forward to the past six months, something that banishes the misery away if only for a couple of hours every Thursday morning. I am incredibly grateful and thankful for having AEW to raise my spirits.

i'm so sorry you're having to deal with that, pazinyo. hopefully between the show and the community you see you're among friends.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
I listen to Jericho's podcast sometimes and one of his recent ones he had some Looney Toons crazy on there that claimed SARs, swine flu, Corona, are Satanic government plots. I've never rolled my eyes so hard, da fuq is up with some people man.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I think a typical Dynamite can go off fine without a crowd (though it would definitely take away from it). But I really think they should postpone Blood and Guts until they can have fans in attendance again. That match really should have a hot crowd behind it.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
The last RAW I truly considered great before I stopped watching was the show entirely in the studio during that blizzard. Everyone was loose and having fun.

They could do something similar like "Being the Elite" and "Road to..." next week, throw in some "greatest hits" matches and figure out where to go from here.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

Hey man, so sorry to hear that you're going through some shit and have had to go through some shit. I look forward to your posts every week after Dynamite and feel the same way about the show just making me feel good about life for a few hours a week.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Give me a Hardy fever dream, a JR sitdown interview with Hangman and Matt Jackson, Evil Uno and Kenny Omega playing N64 wrestling games, a few empty arena matches with wrestlers playing the role of fans, and a Shida and Statlander gal pals video.

Last edited:

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Now is the time to go full drama. Gimme that Stat/OC romance storyline. Hell, if you have two hours to fill you could basically just remake Wall-E.

Deleted member 62561

Dec 31, 2019
Give me a Hardy fever dream, a JR sitdown interview with Hangman and Matt Jackson, Evil Uno and Kenny Omega playing N64 wrestling games, a few empty arena matches with wrestlers playing the role of fans, and a Shida's and Statlander gal pals video.

marko vs riho

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018

May the blessings of the Rainmaker be upon you fam <3

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Stay strong, friend.

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
There's something appealing about AEW slowing everything down with a different kind of show until crowds resume, but would understand if they want to try and keep things moving as planned in a controlled environment.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I think a typical Dynamite can go off fine without a crowd (though it would definitely take away from it). But I really think they should postpone Blood and Guts until they can have fans in attendance again. That match really should have a hot crowd behind it.
Listening to the latest AEW podcast with TK, it sounds like he has near infinite ideas to draw from given how often he wrote fantasy episodes in his youth, so I have every confidence they'll find something to do with the talent and venues available to them.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
It sucks about AEW but they need to send a press release or something because there are people like me that were traveling to Newark and need to cancel stuff and know what will happen to my tickets, etc.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
It sucks about AEW but they need to send a press release or something because there are people like me that were traveling to Newark and need to cancel stuff and know what will happen to my tickets, etc.
Same. It's a shame too, cause I bought a ticket for a friend who was travelling to visit us, and it was going to be a great surprise. I've been psyched about it for weeks.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
If they do a studio show, they could have long Chris van Vliet style interview segments, where you just learn a bit more about the wrestlers. They had stuff like that on Dark already in the beginning, Those could be promos like when you interview MJF or just real talk.
The ratings will probably take a hit anyway, so if you have to cut down on the wrestling a bit because it's weird without a crowd, there are other ways to produce wholesome, uplifting content.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Nice to have confirmation of the venue change, rescheduled date for Rochester, and the fact that Dynamite rolls on! nothingstopsthistrain.gif

Edit: Uno the wholesome boi

double edit

And there we are. I'll be getting a refund for NJ and hoping I can attend Boston if that gets rescheduled. It better not land right in my august vacation :P

Last edited:

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
And there we are. I'll be getting a refund for NJ and hoping I can attend Boston if that gets rescheduled. It better not land right in my august vacation :P
I'm still going to NJ. This was my kid's first visit to the New York area and he will be heartbroken when I tell him the news in a couple of minutes when I get home. 😢