• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I've mentioned before how I'm a rather new/casual fan. I watched AEW Dark today and really liked what TH2 brought to that match. Might just be me and my newness, but how come we don't see more of them?

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
To be honest, depends on what people mean by the beginning. I wasn't initially convinced pre Dynamite, but by All Out I understood that A: they are jobbers and we need those and B: they are a fun spoof of terrible job related gimmicks through the years.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I've mentioned before how I'm a rather new/casual fan. I watched AEW Dark today and really liked what TH2 brought to that match. Might just be me and my newness, but how come we don't see more of them?

It's a good question. They're excellent sellers and workers, but we don't know much about them. I hope they give them their time to shine in the tag division eventually.

Deleted member 35217

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2017

Yeah they are great. Embarrassment of riches in regards to the tag team division. There's only so much time on each Dynamite. Would love for them to get an angle or some extra focus soon.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Yeah, I kinda figured there was just a lot of tag team action already. Good problem to have, but still a shame. I really dig 'em. Would like to see a storyline/feud one day.

dope theme, too:

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
They need to repack the Hybrid2... they are so bland.... Also Kip Sabian too.

These are the new objetives to AEW to make them interesting

EraldoCoil

Oct 28, 2017
Cali
I will have no ill talk or repackaging talk of TH2...AEWs best tag team.

Was just coming in to post about dark lol and saw all this.....Angelico still the coolest mother fucker on the roster. And easily one of the best themes.

And your damn right I still do the Angelico walk out of the office every day, and also remove my coat the same way when home 😛

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
I will have no ill talk or repackaging talk of TH2...AEWs best tag team.

Was just coming in to post about dark lol and saw all this.....Angelico still the coolest mother fucker on the roster. And easily one of the best themes.

And your damn right I still do the Angelico walk out of the office every day, and also remove my coat the same way when home 😛
A very bold statement to make.

I think TH2 will get a push down the road when the variables line up. I presume there have been booking and/or creative issues behind the scenes. Remember when Kip Sabian, Penelope Ford, and TH2 were going to be a faction?

Hybrid Hunter

May 9, 2018
Sydney, Australia
They'll either have pre-packaged videos to play or show us behind the scense of what they do inbetween bits, ie. cleaning the ring, prepping the next segment.
Or just a shot of the empty arena with that default crowd noise lol

I'm hoping there's at least some people in the crowd, be it backstage crew who don't have anything to do to wrestlers who aren't being used that night.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
If AEW's gonna show older matches too, you HAVE to show the Young Bucks vs Kenny Omega and Hangman Page match on TV.

The 6-star Tag match.
They need to repack the Hybrid2... they are so bland.... Also Kip Sabian too.

These are the new objetives to AEW to make them interesting
I think they're a great tag team, but they just haven't been put in many interesting matches or given too much of a spotlight which could be due to any reason. Them having other bookings and focusing on those or whatever.

But they're both great wrestlers and Jack Evans is also great on a mic too.

Last edited:

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If AEW's gonna show older matches too, you HAVE to show the Young Bucks vs Kenny Omega and Hangman Page match on TV.

The 6-star Tag match.
I just watched that match for the first time the other night. Despite knowing the outcome I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. That match easily deserved all 6 of those stars. Everything about it was absolute perfection.

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
QBDQW62.png

Well, I guess The Exalted One skips AEW this week to play some Destiny 2.....

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I didn't have internet yesterday and THAT was the day everyone was talking about TH2. If they go full trios it'd be fun to see them with Kip Sabian

angelico-la-parka-tribute.gif

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
TH2 are good at what they do but I hate their aesthetic. They look like 2 dudes that would try to sell me molly at an EDM festival

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
TH2 are good at what they do but I hate their aesthetic. They look like 2 dudes that would try to sell me molly at an EDM festival

I think that's the point. The very first time they made their debut, their mannerisms, their look, it instantly made me and my friend hate them. And now I love them, as easily hateable heels. I will not have any of this slander of the Kings of Dark!

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I think a reality is that not everyone is going to be able to get a big push. Like, looking at the tag division, I have seen people specifically request the following teams all get big pushes:

Young Bucks
Proud and Powerful
Lucha Bros
Jurassic Express
Butcher and the Blade
Private Party
TH2
Strong Hearts

Nevermind there's Omega/Page doing awesome stuff together, plus Dark Order, Best Friends, and SCU who are all viable tag teams.

Some teams are going to have to be there to take L's right now because there's no way you can push every single tag team as a strong, winning unit. Otherwise, you have to have those teams just facing and beating jobber teams which isn't compelling.

I think a lot of others have hit on TH2's role- they're there to make other teams look good and make you want to see them get beat. If they're happy with it, I think they're doing great.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
By the way, late Dark thoughts:

-Really enjoying Cabana so far. Maybe that's because, while I've long been familiar with him, I haven't actually seen him wrestle much. But I think he brings a different element to the roster and is over with the crowd.

-Riho/Ford was the best I've seen Penelope look in a singles match. I think Riho probably has something to do with that- I'm not sure Riho has had a bad match with anyone on the roster, which is a feat. Good to use Riho to put Penelope over too.

-Always enjoy seeing TH2, and always enjoy Nakazawa's oil antics as dumb as they are. Good to get TH2 a win to maintain some level of credibility. I need to see the jobber faction of Cutler, Nakazawa, and Avalon form!

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They have some decent talent creating video stuff, and you have no live crowd...

If they want to go all Lucha Underground I'm fine with that. Would beat them trying to emulate WWE's bizarre live shows. Austin calling for What? chants with a cut to the crowd killed me

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017

I wonder if they'll delay Blood & Guts... guess we'll see tonight.

Since they rescheduled the Newark show for a much later date I could see them continuing with the match as planned on the 25th (I believe they've already confirmed this) but then I could also see them doing another Blood & Guts match whenever that Newark show happens.
They have some decent talent creating video stuff, and you have no live crowd...

If they want to go all Lucha Underground I'm fine with that. Would beat them trying to emulate WWE's bizarre live shows. Austin calling for What? chants with a cut to the crowd killed me

Honestly, the only good part of that Austin bit on Raw was him saying "Gimmie a hell yeah!" and then the camera cutting to empty chairs. The rest of it was rough but the rest of it was rough in a way that really would not have been much (if at all) better with a crowd. lol

These companies need to lean into the situation. Whether it's for comedy or whatever they need to lean into it because this is not normal.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Oh gods, please no Hager. This is going to make TIC getting the advantage all the worse.

Marko Stunt is feeling unwell and won't be on the show tonight, unknown if he has COVID-19. Hope he gets better regardless.

The final episode of Free The Delete is tonight at an unspecified time, ergo it must premier on Dynamite. Hyped as fuck. Going off Twitter, Matt's character may be called Damascus or that's the essence/deity that will reside in his vessel.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Since they rescheduled the Newark show for a much later date I could see them continuing with the match as planned on the 25th (I believe they've already confirmed this) but then I could also see them doing another Blood & Guts match whenever that Newark show happens.

Honestly, the only good part of that Austin bit on Raw was him saying "Gimmie a hell yeah!" and then the camera cutting to empty chairs. The rest of it was rough but the rest of it was rough in a way that really would not have been much (if at all) better with a crowd. lol

Agreed. I watched a clip and they turned Austin into a lame dad jokes stand up comedian. "You can say a four letter word anytime you want!" sounds like what Vince thinks the teens want to do. OK Boomer! "You can stay up until 9 PM on a school night!" Cowabunga man!

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Oh gods, please no Hager. This is going to make TIC getting the advantage all the worse.

Marko Stunt is feeling unwell and won't be on the show tonight, unknown if he has COVID-19. Hope he gets better regardless.

The final episode of Free The Delete is tonight at an unspecified time, ergo it must premier on Dynamite. Hyped as fuck. Going off Twitter, Matt's character may be called Damascus or that's the essence/deity that will reside in his vessel.

Seeing the card and it all looks like business as usual? Interesting

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
That conspiracy board is wonderful.

Finished watching Dark. Super surprised to see Penelope get the win. And to see Kip look like a geek. These are the correct roles for these two.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
So I think for this time period to keep personnel in attendance lower you keep JR and Tony Schiavone at home and have the broadcast team until they can come back to full power be:
Excalibur, Taz and Colt Cabana. The first two are great together on Dark so have them work both Dark and Dynamite for now and they presumably will already have Colt in attendance as in ring talent at certain shows so he can come in as the third whenever he's in attendance to wrestle. Maybe AEW would need to pay him more to effectively do double duty but I think it would be worth it. And some combination of Excalibur, Taz and Cabana could host their YouTube content in the mean time.

At bare minimum keep JR home and have Taz fill in for him. All 4 commentators aren't need for these shows and since JR is in the most susceptible age bracket he should be the one to stay home.