• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think everyone should keep their expectations really low. I hope for more video packages, etc, but I'm prepared for the least amount of effort. I really hope I am completely wrong.

rubbishmonkey

Oct 27, 2017
I think everyone should keep their expectations really low. I hope for more video packages, etc, but I'm prepared for the least amount of effort. I really hope I am completely wrong.

Wrestle Talk No Fans Monday proved 2hrs of wrestling without fans can be pretty good.... WWE proved it can be kinda terrible (although the promos were better than their usual ones)..... my expectations are : eh we'll see, maybe something in between. I also expect that as this is going to be the new normal fora while that AEW will adapt to it better as ideas are not stifled by a megalomanic control freak

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Wrestle Talk No Fans Monday proved 2hrs of wrestling without fans can be pretty good.... WWE proved it can be kinda terrible (although the promos were better than their usual ones)..... my expectations are : eh we'll see, maybe something in between. I also expect that as this is going to be the new normal fora while that AEW will adapt to it better as ideas are not stifled by a megalomanic control freak
The fanless Stardom show was also really good.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After watching parts of RAW with no attendance with a friend...heh, that felt awkward.

The public plays a big part of the hype. Anyway, I hope AEW will do it better, as they do with wrestling in general so far.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
ToNn5yV.jpg

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I think it's notable that, at least as far as I could tell, there were no hints about Brodie Lee in that Librarians video. Whereas pretty much every other discussed possibility was brought up or was on that board. I thought I even saw Scurll's face on there but I may have imagined that.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
They are pretty foolish to continue the Blood and Guts match without an audience. Its arguably the most hype tv match they have to date with the Elite vs Inner Circle feud finally culminating in this moment and its gonna be in an awkward ass silent room.

Should just cancel Dynamite until further notice.

All the videos posted in here with crowdless wrestling just seem kinda lame but at least ppl here are enjoying it so its nice that some of the fans will like Dynamite but I fear its gonna be a dud for me and its a shame to waste Blood and Guts on it.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
Please do more of that librarians stuff... It adds value to the product.

Also, it would be awesome if this Dynamite was with production values like Lucha Underground.

I think a Lucha Underground themed Dynamite would be the perfect atmosphere to bring the Exalted One in an empty arena and still end hyped for next week.

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
People talking positive about the Librarians puts a smile on my face.

it's almost like AEW cares about their fans and wants to make them happy like they said they wanted to since day 1.

it's almost like if you trust in AEW and give them a chance, it pays off!

insane!

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
People talking positive about the Librarians puts a smile on my face.

it's almost like AEW cares about their fans and wants to make them happy like they said they wanted to since day 1.

it's almost like if you trust in AEW and give them a chance, it pays off!

insane!
It really shows how aew have pretty much been able to fix anything that hasn't come across well. I even think they could have fixed the nightmare collective if given the chance but because people were so ridiculously aggressive about hating it, it was probably best to just drop it.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
It really shows how aew have pretty much been able to fix anything that hasn't come across well. I even think they could have fixed the nightmare collective if given the chance but because people were so ridiculously aggressive about hating it, it was probably best to just drop it.

People were not ridiculously aggressive. It was rightfully universally hated because it didn't make any sense. It was made up of:
Kong: can barely wrestle, gone to film GLOW
Brandi: better as a face, can barely wrestle
Mel: lol
Luther: lol

There was no saving it and for what? No one misses it at all, you wouldn't even know it "disbanded" unless you followed AEW's media outside of Dynamite. That's how little of a fuck was given to killing it. The women's division needs actual work building their ranks (and more workers that are full time and not so green, they didn't need this dark faction hair cutting nonsense eating into the matches

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
They are pretty foolish to continue the Blood and Guts match without an audience. Its arguably the most hype tv match they have to date with the Elite vs Inner Circle feud finally culminating in this moment and its gonna be in an awkward ass silent room.

Should just cancel Dynamite until further notice.

All the videos posted in here with crowdless wrestling just seem kinda lame but at least ppl here are enjoying it so its nice that some of the fans will like Dynamite but I fear its gonna be a dud for me and its a shame to waste Blood and Guts on it.

I don't see what other choice they have. They may not able to run a regular event with fans for months. Are they just supposed to shelve a big match they had been heavily advertising and building towards, for some unknown period of time? They also have a TV contract that is whatis keeping them viable so they need to provide content.

I agree that it's a huge shame that match has to happen without an audience, but I don't think we're in a position to be demanding anything right now. We should be happy we're getting anything and appreciate that because this could get shut down at any moment if things really start to get bad in our country or if the roster gets sick. (and I feel the same way about Wrestlemania, even though I have negative interest in it or WWE in general)

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
People were not ridiculously aggressive. It was rightfully universally hated because it didn't make any sense. It was made up of:
Kong: can barely wrestle, gone to film GLOW
Brandi: better as a face, can barely wrestle
Mel: lol
Luther: lol

There was no saving it and for what? No one misses it at all, the women's division needs actual work building their workers , they didn't need this dark faction hair cutting nonsense
People were pretty excited about Kong at first but of course it came out that she wasn't in great shape and so they had to add the others to help it out.

Brandi works great as a manager and so she was fine in her role.

I think it was for the best that they did drop the angle as like you said they can put extra focus on the women's division but the hate brandi was getting was fucking ridiculous. We had someone here going crazy over a kayfabe tweet of hers because they were treating it as a shoot. That's how illogical some people were being.

At no point were most people being sensible about the story. Did it deserve criticism? Of course, it wasn't given enough time or direction to get the story over and make people understand or care about it but again, the pure hate it got and the stuff that was being directed at brandi was terrible.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
People were pretty excited about Kong at first but of course it came out that she wasn't in great shape and so they had to add the others to help it out.

Brandi works great as a manager and so she was fine in her role.

I think it was for the best that they did drop the angle as like you said they can put extra focus on the women's division but the hate brandi was getting was fucking ridiculous. We had someone here going crazy over a kayfabe tweet of hers because they were treating it as a shoot. That's how illogical some people were being.

At no point were most people being sensible about the story. Did it deserve criticism? Of course, it wasn't given enough time or direction to get the story over and make people understand or care about it but again, the pure hate it got and the stuff that was being directed at brandi was terrible.

I think it just didn't make any sense and I think that's what upset people. They were just frustrated, I think it was given enough time personally but there was never really any direction.

And then when they started developing this more they bring in Mel as part of the stable? OK…… then Luther ... ok...? Like that's kind of a lot of time spent developing something I think, things were debuting to less and less fanfare.

I didn't hate it as much until it started eating into actual women's matches. All the hype I wanted from seeing Kris v.Riho and here comes the NC to mess with it.

It is really strange that people were getting annoyed at Brandi, because look at it now everyone loves her. I think again it was just people just frustrated and completely confused as to what the hell they were trying to do.

If it was supposed to be something like the "nightmare family" because of Cody and everything then why did he have absolutely no role in it at all? There was no interaction with him and Brandi even though he's part of the "nightmare family". It was absolutely baffling.

At the end of the NC , I had no clearer idea what the whole point of it was than I did at its beginning. That is a problem.

They've been able to " fix" pretty much everything else people have had an issue with, no one bats 1.000

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
On one hand I'm looking forward to Dynamite but I can't shake the feeling/knowledge that having a show week to week is irresponsible for the fact alone that the talent has to travel a lot.
Then again, wrestling can work in front of empty arenas. I watched "No Fans Monday" live on Youtube last night, donated something and was greatly entertained by the performers.

So it is a bag of mixed feelings on my end and I think I'm for taking a break once they've done the reveal they've been building up to.

Also, please acknowledge the crisis on official AEW programming as well! The hyping of the Blood & Guts match on the "Road to..." video irritates me because it literally is them acting like nothing has happened and against their and our better knowledge. Let WWE and UFC do that - I think there is a way to do and be better in times like these.

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
Was Brodie Lee mentioned anywhere in that Librarians bit?
If not, that kinda makes me think it's actually him

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
On one hand I'm looking forward to Dynamite but I can't shake the feeling/knowledge that having a show week to week is irresponsible for the fact alone that the talent has to travel a lot.
Then again, wrestling can work in front of empty arenas. I watched "No Fans Monday" live on Youtube last night, donated something and was greatly entertained by the performers.

So it is a bag of mixed feelings on my end and I think I'm for taking a break once they've done the reveal they've been building up to.

Also, please acknowledge the crisis on official AEW programming as well! The hyping of the Blood & Guts match on the "Road to..." video irritates me because it literally is them acting like nothing has happened and against their and our better knowledge. Let WWE and UFC do that - I think there is a way to do and be better in times like these.
Matt Jackson acknowledges it on this weeks BTE.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Matt Jackson acknowledges it on this weeks BTE.

Yeah, but it's still a tier below the TV show. I think I saw a Roman Reigns "wash your hands" thing on Youtube, too, but on the show they're all acting like nothing ever happened. I wouldn't underestimate the impact a Guy like Cena could have on some people if he starts his promo with a positive and encouraging message instead of just talking to Bray Wyatt.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Yeah, but it's still a tier below the TV show. I think I saw a Roman Reigns "wash your hands" thing on Youtube, too, but on the show they're all acting like nothing ever happened. I wouldn't underestimate the impact a Guy like Cena could have on some people if he starts his promo with a positive and encouraging message instead of just talking to Bray Wyatt.
I mean maybe wait until Dynamite airs to see? AEW has no other TV show and the Road To may have been filmed right after Revolution for all we know.

They acknowledged it on BTE and the AEW twitter has said why they moved venues, that's all they can do right now.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see what other choice they have. They may not able to run a regular event with fans for months. Are they just supposed to shelve a big match they had been heavily advertising and building towards, for some unknown period of time? They also have a TV contract that is whatis keeping them viable so they need to provide content.

I agree that it's a huge shame that match has to happen without an audience, but I don't think we're in a position to be demanding anything right now. We should be happy we're getting anything and appreciate that because this could get shut down at any moment if things really start to get bad in our country or if the roster gets sick. (and I feel the same way about Wrestlemania, even though I have negative interest in it or WWE in general)

Whats wrong with shelving it, much bigger sporting events have been cancelled why should wrestling continue. Especially when travel for the performers can jeopardize their health right now unless they stay locked down in one location and all the examples of crowdless wrestling in this thread are mad awkward (with WWEs borderlining parody)

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Really think they should've revealed it post revolution, everyone was on such a high. Im sure it will be fine long term but won't have near the Initial impact now ( for obvious reasons). Or maybe it will because there's nothing else to talk about lol

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
One thing I think would be smart would be to darkened the crowd area. Wrestling in front of a bunch of empty seats looks ridiculous. A wrestling surrounded by darkness and no crowd sounds is still weird but seems like it would come across better.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Got some hot hiring news...both Invisible Man, Invisible Stan are ALL ELITE! I hear rumors Invisible Fan will be in the audience tomorrow.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Dynamite will take place in Daily's Place tomorrow with no fans as planned

Fightful has learned that AEW Dynamite will take place at Daily's Place in Jacksonville as originally planned. This past week, the City of Jacksonville twitter indicated that all city-owned venues would be closed, including Daily's Place. However, we've heard from the AEW side that the city's twitter account apparently thought a public event was being referred to.

AEW Dynamite will proceed at Daily's Place as a closed door event with no fans, and the city of Jacksonville has not had an issue with that.