• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
The Dark Order stuff is some story driven content they can create without the need of a ring. Matt Hardy has a legit fucking compound they can work from in isolation. I think it might work and it might be a huge part of what helps AEW get through this time of social distancing. I'm here for it and all the corny-carniness that's about to ensue.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like we're hyping up our expectations to levels that will not be met. LOL. Watch it just be a standard show but just in an empty arena.

I REALLY hope we get 10 minutes of Matt Hardy fuckery.

Tony Khan is an insane mark and I figure he has a ton of ideas in mind

They'll scour over 70 years of wrestling history to see what other promotions did during similar circumstances (empty arena) and take all the best ideas

The roster themselves probably have a billion ideas as well, and they'll just let them run free. I've said it before, but if there's anyone I trust filling a wrestling show with fun bullshit that ISN'T actual pro wresting, it's the Elite. Of course, Hardy will go off as well, assuming he debuts this Wednesday.

this will not be friday's smackdown

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Tony Khan is an insane mark and I figure he has a ton of ideas in mind

They'll scour over 70 years of wrestling history to see what other promotions did during similar circumstances (empty arena) and take all the best ideas

The roster themselves probably have a billion ideas as well, and they'll just let them run free. I've said it before, but if there's anyone I trust filling a wrestling show with fun bullshit that ISN'T actual pro wresting, it's the Elite. Of course, Hardy will go off as well, assuming he debuts this Wednesday.

this will not be friday's smackdown

I wanna believe you. :) Two more days!

Oh, and we're getting Dark tomorrow. Woop.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
Quite honestly, I don't really have high expectations for anything right now. Without a crowd, a huge factor in what makes AEW's programming come across so well, will be lost.

But with everything that is going on, and how everything in our lives is being drastically altered right now, I'm not about to get picky about what they give us. I'm just happy to be getting any AEW programming and I'll appreciate whatever they're able to show us for as long as they're able to do it. Would not be a surprise if this all gets completely shut down sooner than later, so I would not disagree with the idea to tape multiple weeks worth of content in the near future...

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
I said it before, but I'm not really going to go too hard criticizing any of the wrestling programs we get during this period.

This whole thing relies so heavily on audience energy that it feels unfair to judge it too harshly without it.

I am however interested in seeing if AEW tries to do something above and beyond just "empty arena but regular show" tho.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I am however interested in seeing if AEW tries to do something above and beyond just "empty arena but regular show" tho.

I hope they do. Trying to run their standard shows without a hot audience is not going to come across as well. I am all for using more interview/vignette-based segments. People often cite the live audience as a reason not to lean on that stuff more, but now's a time where they can mix in more of that which has the advantage of building characters/stories in different ways.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I feel like we're hyping up our expectations to levels that will not be met. LOL. Watch it just be a standard show but just in an empty arena.

I REALLY hope we get 10 minutes of Matt Hardy fuckery.
I at least like to think the talent in AEW have been given leeway to think creatively on how to present their characters and current angles in this format and will have come up with some cool novel ideas.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Ospreay hyping up Bea and shouting out AEW and saying hi and I miss you to Cody, the Bucks, and Kenny in his post match mic time is something I needed today

Porcupine

Oct 27, 2017
Ospreay hyping up Bea and shouting out AEW and saying hi and I miss you to Cody, the Bucks, and Kenny in his post match mic time is something I needed today

It was really nice, also the show was much better than I anticipated without fans, so I'm looking forward to Dynamite the next weeks. It can really work.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Holy shit this Bea/Ospreay match is brutal. I really hope her back is ok because wow

They really went all out on a free Youtube show lol. I thought I couldn't love Will anymore than I already did but apparently this whole thing was his baby, his idea? Seeing him take the lead in such away, you love to see it.
Also, " He is ... Bea Priestley's girlfriend!"

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
Maybe I'm just starved for
content/normalcy right now, but I loved that Road to. Really looking forward to Wednesday's show!

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Both BTE and Road to AEW Dynamite were good. I am loving The Librarians show-in-a-show aspect. That's the kind of stuff they need to focus on for the time being, it will only further distinguish them from WWE's brand of wrasslin'. I am hyped for Big Swole vs Britt Baker but it doesn't seem like they could 100% confirm it for Wednesday, hence no card. Seems like they are still set on doing Blood & Guts and I think it can work without a crowd thanks to the cage.

Since Matt Hardy and Reby Sky (she films and edits it all, I believe) excel at doing entertaining video vignettes, he'll be great as The Exalted One during these times. Or at least being the creative force behind it.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The librarian stuff has been great and I'm amazed when I look back at how cringy they were in the beginning of AEW. That they can even transform this gimmick into value says a lot about the company I think lol

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Both BTE and Road to AEW Dynamite were good. I am loving The Librarians show-in-a-show aspect. That's the kind of stuff they need to focus on for the time being, it will only further distinguish them from WWE's brand of wrasslin'. I am hyped for Big Swole vs Britt Baker but it doesn't seem like they could 100% confirm it for Wednesday, hence no card. Seems like they are still set on doing Blood & Guts and I think it can work without a crowd thanks to the cage.

Since Matt Hardy and Reby Sky (she films and edits it all, I believe) excel at doing entertaining video vignettes, he'll be great as The Exalted One during these times. Or at least being the creative force behind it.

I wouldn't be suprised if Britt doesn't wrestle for a while since she's a dentist.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
This company is so good at making these video packages. If they go pretaped, I have all the confidence in the world in them putting together some hype ass shows.

It's the kind of stuff I hope we see on Dynamite this wednesday. I'm blown away that they've done both a BTE AND Road To this week, of all weeks.

No shortage of cool stuff for Dynamite, I'm sure.

Nov 1, 2017
The real sad thing is no audience to sing Jericho's entrance theme, unless three guys that usually do camera work suddenly start singing and light a cigarette lighter.