• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
The closer Wednesday comes, the more excited I'm getting. Now that their PPV and Blood and Guts plans have been affected they have a real chance here to do something creative that people will really remember and talk about...instead of just treating it as business as usual except with an empty arena like WWE is because nothing stops the Road to Wrestlemania brother

Hybrid Hunter

May 9, 2018
Sydney, Australia
Looking forward to seeing what AEW come up with on Wednesday. I'm sure Tony would've seen what Smackdown did to get a feel for what an empty audience would be like. Hopefully it's a mix between pre-taped goodness and minimal crowd wrestling.
But hopefully Blood and Guts does have some sort of audience when they do that match, it'd be a shame to waste it on an empty audience.

rubbishmonkey

Oct 27, 2017
The closer Wednesday comes, the more excited I'm getting. Now that their PPV and Blood and Guts plans have been affected they have a real chance here to do something creative that people will really remember and talk about...instead of just treating it as business as usual except with an empty arena like WWE is because nothing stops the Road to Wrestlemania brother

I would expect a couple of empty arena shows while they film and edit a more creative cinematic hardy compound esque story driven experience. What ever they do it sure is gonna be interesting. The best bit about perfomance center smackdown were the promos and the goofing around by Hunter

Jan 10, 2018
Peter Avalon needs to do his usual speech about how dumb and lame the current city they're in is but to an absolutely empty stadium. He changes nothing with his delivery and even pauses for the boos. Camera pans to the stadium with literally no one in the seats. I would die laughing

Not noone.

Put Cassidy there, standing there silently as usual. Cut everytime to him when a heel insults the audience, the commentary tells us how the crowd goes loud and of course, the thumbs up when Best Friends hug.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
I'm loving this idea of having OC be the sole audience member. Setting my expectations low for the next Dynamite since they won't have had enough time to really plan out the weeks. They should treat everything between last week's episode and whenever they can do a proper live show with an audience as a fever dream. Basically make this a filler arc like something out of a long running shounen anime series. It'll stand on its own but the events will never be acknowledged and have no ramifications in the end.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
My hope for in-ring promos is that they don't structure them like there's an audience there. Cutback on the stalling and writing for pops, make it sound more like two real people with actual beef having a confrontation.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
They're still doing the match to determine advantage in Blood and Guts this week. That's surprising to me, as it seems to indicate they might be planning on moving forward with that show next week.

We'll see.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
seems anticlimactic if it's Matt Hardy, Dark Order is legitimately the worst creative idea in 10 years. Just end the horribly stable already
I mean, even if you vehemently hate Dark Order, there's still like a half dozen angles worse than it going on at WWE at any give time, at least. And let's not forget that "10 years ago" encompasses almost the entirety of Hogan-era TNA.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, even if you vehemently hate Dark Order, there's still like a half dozen angles worse than it going on at WWE at any give time, at least. And let's not forget that "10 years ago" encompasses almost the entirety of Hogan-era TNA.

Dark Order getting crickets from the AEW audience tells the story

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dark Order getting crickets from the AEW audience tells the story
Again, just because you think it's a bad angle doesn't mean it's the worst angle of an entire decade of terrible wrestling. Are you really saying this is worse than Abyss: Hulk Lantern? Immortal? Turning "Summer of Punk 2" into a HHH/Kevin Nash feud? Natalya: The Diva that farts? The Demon vs. Sister Abigail? Erik Rowan's giant toy spider? etc, etc...

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
seems anticlimactic if it's Matt Hardy, Dark Order is legitimately the worst creative idea in 10 years. Just end the horribly stable already
WWE's transphobic bit about Bobby Lashley's "sisters" is the worst. Or WWE trying to capitalize on Charlotte's brother's death for cheap heat. Or WWE trying to capitalize on Roman's leukemia for cheap heat (which Moxley refused to continue). WWE has a billion of these. But even basic stuff like pushing Corbin over and over despite dwindling attendance when he was the headlining feud. Or just the fact that their entire product has been around for generations and they're putting up record low ratings.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017

It's bad, but I mean....

EHw2CjjUYAApzFj.png

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Worth pointing out that even though Dark Order started as a huge miss they're basically saved if Matt Hardy is the Exalted One. He's literally the one person who could step in and make this work. Matt and Uno collaborating is a huge plus.

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
They should use the whole roster as the audience, imagine all the storylines that could come out that. Jake and Archer could have a whole section to themselves.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Um, the fuck is wrong with some of y'all? Dark Order has been great for months and Matt Hardy's involvement, while unnecessary at this point, would be hype af.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I urge all of you at home, and everyone from AEW who might be reading this.

Please play Jericho's theme right upto the point where everyone sings along, and please everyone at home sing along in solidarity. I sing at home anyway so join me!

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
The Dark Order as a tag team has been fine, but the pacing for their angle has been slow as fucking molasses. Particularly since they started talking of The Exalted One. I liked when they started the vignettes but otherwise it's been a dud. This doesn't feel like an angle that was well planned out with effective story beats like what's going on with Omega, Hangman, and The Young Bucks. It's hard to know how many different variables may have impeded it other than obviously them having a trouble getting someone like Lee or Hardy to commit to it.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
The Dark Order as a tag team has been fine, but the pacing for their angle has been slow as fucking molasses. Particularly since they started talking of The Exalted One. I liked when they started the vignettes but otherwise it's been a dud. This doesn't feel like an angle that was well planned out with effective story beats like what's going on with Omega, Hangman, and The Young Bucks. It's hard to know how many different variables may have impeded it other than obviously them having a trouble getting someone like Lee or Hardy to commit to it.
Part of it is also just that they changed angle part way through. The whole "The Dark Order are recruiting jobbers" stuff went nowhere and they dropped it after the Exalted One stuff sparked up (presumably after whoever it is committed to it first.)

Deleted member 1627

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, the Dark Order stuff is super fun, hopefully it pays off. There needs to be something that isn't the Elite/Inner Circle to disrupt that continuous push and pull and there's really little else that can achieve that presently what with the Nightmare Collective going bye bye.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017

This has been my issue with The Dark Order stuff. It's been dragged out for far too long and then seemingly even when they got Matt Hardy to confirm they decided to continue dragging out the reveal. They should've just revealed Hardy at the first post Revolution Dynamite.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
This has been my issue with The Dark Order stuff. It's been dragged out for far too long and then seemingly even when they got Matt Hardy to confirm they decided to continue dragging out the reveal. They should've just revealed Hardy at the first post Revolution Dynamite.

Gotta have brand synergy, friend. Free the Delete only finishes up this Wednesday.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Gotta have brand synergy, friend. Free the Delete only finishes up this Wednesday.

that's been keeping this stuff coasting on fumes at best. I was on the edge with the Dark Order stuff even leading up to Revolution so when they didn't reveal Hardy at the first post Rev Dynamite I kind of checked out of the story. I feel like this is the first time their long term booking just really hasn't worked for me. I'll still be interested to see what Hardy does but my excitement has been tempered a bit.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The Exalted One reveal is gonna come across like a wet fart without a crowd lol.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is obviously exacerbated by Marty not signing. They must've thought he was a lock. I would hope they learned their lesson there.

auicc

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't get it - why Florida?
Theres a mention in one of the episodes of the AEW podcast that he "may" be based in florida now (I think it was either the cody or tony khan one) and it would make sense if he wanted to give the company 100% not only in front of the camera, but behind it as well. I mean, AEW is pretty much based out of Jacksonville and outside of the Young Bucks, most of the upper echelon of the company lives in that general region of the US.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
For everyone stuck at home that would like a break, this is going on at 12 Pacific/3 Eastern time. Free! Ospreay v.Bea should be super fun, quite the talented couple they are

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Really nice that they showed both groups perspectives on the end of the tag match, IE the potential triple super kick and the potential buckshot lariat.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
jesus christ they really still did a BTE

the absolute mad lads must have TONS of ideas for Dynamite proper