• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I love Everyone's ideas that are super wacky and fun, I wonder though if they see it as an opportunity because there's no other live sports to watch? Do they do wacky stuff that caters to their loyal audience and storylines that people are familiar with? Or do they just go straight up with amazing wrestling to try to win new people over with that hmm

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The more things I see from Matt, the more convinced that he's not the Exalted One. Working myself into a shoot, I know.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I'm just using this time to catch up on so many matches that were on my must see list. I wanted to post this in the Corona OT but I don't think anyone there is in the mood for anything humorous..

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
I like the Orange Cassidy is the crowd idea best.

Just to stick it to TNT with the camera cuts.

Have OC out there all night, randomly cut to him not reacting at all to everything .

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Have OC out there all night, randomly cut to him not reacting at all to everything .
Instead of not reacting to everything they should at least once have him give his half assed thumbs up to something awesome.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017

zH7LTO.gif

Between the vicious kicks and the non-reactions OC is truly the Aldo of AEW.

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
The more I think about how the exalted one is supposed to be revealed on Wednesday, the more I think it's a good idea to go ahead with it and do it now even with an empty arena rather than pausing it until they have crowds again. If it's Matt or Brodie Lee, it'll get people talking and maybe it'll help to keep the ratings up. I'm leaning towards it being Brodie with Matt doing his own thing if he does come to AEW but we'll see. But yeah, even without a pop it'll be fun to talk about and it'll be fun to see some new stories and all that on the show.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home

captainzombie

Nov 29, 2017
If I'm AEW right now, I would get my wrestlers together for 3-4 days of tapings and tape as much TV as you can even if it means some empty arena shows. AEW can tape 2 days of Dynamite per day over the course of 3 days that can have them at least get 6 weeks worth of shows on TV but then also give the wrestlers this amount of time off and also not being at risk of getting the virus. Granted this is not practical, but it can help keep them still going on TV and keeping some of the momentum. They can also have guys cutting promos and doing some backstage stuff to fill out some of these shows.

I do hope that Blood & Guts does get post poned because it'll be weird having such a hyped show without fans.

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope everyone is doing well. Kinda weird seeing this thread slow to a halt.

Join Dark Order

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
They seriously need to use Avalon where there's no crowd. Would be a great opportunity to get them over even more, especially with how good that Road To segment was.

Oct 30, 2017
They seriously need to use Avalon where there's no crowd. Would be a great opportunity to get them over even more, especially with how good that Road To segment was.
Peter Avalon needs to do his usual speech about how dumb and lame the current city they're in is but to an absolutely empty stadium. He changes nothing with his delivery and even pauses for the boos. Camera pans to the stadium with literally no one in the seats. I would die laughing

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, in this situation the biggest risk isn't putting together a crowd but talent and personnel that will need to travel. Tony Khan ain't gonna be able to use a private jet for everyone.
Watched a bit of Smackdown, out of curiosity.

Yeah I don't think wrasslin without a crowd works.
same. It just kills the atmosphere.
Yeah, my son was looking forward to the John Cena segment, he couldn't even watch for 2 minutes before saying "this is lame." and going back to his phone.
I don't blame him. Who wants to watch an empty ring in an empty arena?

Personally, as someone who finds WWE programing hard to watch I found it very watchable. Sure it had more to do with the structure of the show than it's lack of audience but I reject the notion that wrestling does not work without an audience. It's the first time in about 15 years that I've watched an entire episode of Smackdown from beginning to end. If I watch Raw on Monday it'll be the first time in about 18 years. Having said that, they & AEW absolutely shouldn't be doing any shows. If this is the route WWE and AEW are going to go then they should spend the week just taping tons of shows.
What's going to happen with Orange Cassidy? Half of the fun was with audience reactions to his devastating kicks.

Honestly, silence sounds even better. If OC does a kick to total silence you just get Pac looking down like "WTF", I'm into it. lol

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Personally, as someone who finds WWE programing hard to watch I found it very watchable. Sure it had more to do with the structure of the show than it's lack of audience but I reject the notion that wrestling does not work without an audience. It's the first time in about 15 years that I've watched an entire episode of Smackdown from beginning to end. If I watch Raw on Monday it'll be the first time in about 18 years. Having said that, they & AEW absolutely shouldn't be doing any shows. If this is the route WWE and AEW are going to go then they should spend the week just taping tons of shows.

Honestly, silence sounds even better. If OC does a kick to total silence you just get Pac looking down like "WTF", I'm into it. lol

How tf is John Cena "watchable" when you can't see him?

I was making a joke with the post you quoted. I can probably count the number of Cena matches I've seen on one hand so he's more meme than man to me.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Peter Avalon needs to do his usual speech about how dumb and lame the current city they're in is but to an absolutely empty stadium. He changes nothing with his delivery and even pauses for the boos. Camera pans to the stadium with literally no one in the seats. I would die laughing
Still needs to get interrupted mid speech though lol