• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
I don't know if one of the top stars of NJPW will say something like this in a public setting without at least some conversations about a partnership already taken place.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Imagine Jericho appearing as the Pain Maker on January 1st on AEW TV and mentioning Tanahashi and January 4th. More fan service than TRoS.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017

I laughed out loud several times during the Hangman segment (and folks on this forum will get the reference). Really strong episode.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
SCU and YBs sitting by the fire with Nick staring at SCU and going "We should've just booked ourselves to win the titles".

God how can you hate the Bucks.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I'm guessing that was Brandon Cutler at the end washing the blood off his hands and tossing the mask? The creeper that was holding up Nick's bloodied face was the one whose body type conspicuously matched Cutler's, as I recall.

Something that really stands out to me about this Dark Order storyline is how they've managed to even make people jobbing seem meaningful. Like, Reynolds/Silver and presumably Cutler constantly jobbing was in part to set up part of a big storyline? Whether or not you're into the Dark Order gimmick at all, I really appreciate the attention to detail and long-term planning.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I'm guessing that was Brandon Cutler at the end washing the blood off his hands and tossing the mask? The creeper that was holding up Nick's bloodied face was the one whose body type conspicuously matched Cutler's, as I recall.

Something that really stands out to me about this Dark Order storyline is how they've managed to even make people jobbing seem meaningful. Like, Reynolds/Silver and presumably Cutler constantly jobbing was in part to set up part of a big storyline? Whether or not you're into the Dark Order gimmick at all, I really appreciate the attention to detail and long-term planning.
I'm still blown away that they actually took the time to give a story reason as to why Moxley now always shows up through the crowd.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Caught up on Being The Elite, such good material especially the recreation of The Dark Order brawl "botch". My GF and I were laughing our asses off. I really wish the storytelling in Dynamite more matched BTE in tone. Pretty much everyone comes across as way, way more charismatic.
They've heard us, friends.

Good.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
So no more of that weird shit where Excalibur is watching a match but is referencing the woman's record as if she's already won the match?

Something like that, yeah. Heh. They'll only post the updated records the morning of Dynamite, after Dark has aired. No more giving away match results for Dark on the Friday before it airs.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the last time he did a proper entrance through the ramp was when PAC attacked him with a chair. After that, it's all crowd.
Damn that continuity. Completely forgot about that. Love all the little story bits they're doing. Of course I hope they explain why Brandi is doing whatever she's doing.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
All going well I'll be checking out of this thread for a few days so just wanna wish you all a happy holidays.

AEW has been a bright light in a dark year for me and Dynamite has become my means to escape for a couple of hours. You guys genuine excitement and enthusiasm for the show every week has also played a significant role in it. So while I've got a few minutes spare right now, I wanted to take the time to say thank you.

Thank you.

Whatever your plans are tomorrow, have a great day and a happy holiday.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
All going well I'll be checking out of this thread for a few days so just wanna wish you all a happy holidays.

AEW has been a bright light in a dark year for me and Dynamite has become my means to escape for a couple of hours. You guys genuine excitement and enthusiasm for the show every week has also played a significant role in it. So while I've got a few minutes spare right now, I wanted to take the time to say thank you.

Thank you.

Yooooo happy holidays, brah. And no worries we've got you. Wednesday nights got us like:

lynch_dance.0.gif

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017

Thank you.

Happy Holidays, paz! Always appreciate your write ups every week

Status
Not open for further replies.