• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Scurll? Yet another one for me to research!
Marty Scurll is a British man who dresses up like a bird, makes "whoop whoop" noises, shushes the crowd so he can break the opponent's fingers and is generally an awesome wrestler/personality.
Why do I get the feeling that this will somehow make the people insist there's some conspiracy get even more insufferable.
"SOMETHING'S WRONG WITH KYLIE"

Kylie: "Nothing is wrong, I'm fine"

"SOMETHING's DEFINITELY WRONG"

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Happy to let Kylie be herself. If she comes back, great! If she doesn't, hey -- as long as she's happy! You could say that it's most important that Kylie remains smiley. :)

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Regarding the Jericho/Sky match this week, is it asking too much that Jericho can just win cleanly for once? I'm okay with him heeling it up or whatever but it's just getting annoying at this point when there's the inevitable ref distraction/Hager intervention in literally every title match.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I would agree the Cody win was pretty clean. Cody wasn't going to tap but he was stuck, hence the towel being thrown in. Jericho beat both Omega and Page cleanly too. At least one or two of the tag matches he's won have been clean as well I think.

I think it's kind of a heel champion staple to cheat to win from time-to-time. That's the whole point of him surrounding himself with a stable. I agree they need to continue to let him win without the help from time to time, but part of an effective heel title run is making the faces look worthy but not being able to get it done because the heel has to resort to heel tactics. Otherwise you just have a dominant heel that makes all of his challengers look like geeks.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Cody win was clean *kinda* (it was, I just feel a little ripped off by it personally), but it doesn't feel like he's winning by cheating time-to-time, it feels like it's all the time. I know it's not and it's just my perspective, but I don't want it to be a thing that's going to be hanging over almost every match.

No idea what the history of heel champions cheating is outside of AEW, but it would be nice to see them acknowledge it outside of the ring and maybe try to combat it (two refs?)... even if it means Inner Circle have to be more elaborate.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I need to rewatch Dynamite again. I hope they eventually get a streaming service or put their seasons out on Blu-ray or something.

And here are some majestic Riho shots.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Reading what is going on with the other show tonight, I would like to reiterate how thankful I am
that we have AEW.

AEW isn't perfect but the people involved give a shit about the product they put out, they care about putting on a good show and reward us for investing our money, our time and our energy into the shows.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Rewatching Dynamite. Fenix vs. Matt Jackson is such a great match. Two of the smoothest workers out there.

Last edited:

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Baker vs. Shida was pretty good. Haters are literally looking for reasons to crap on Britt. Definite room for improvement, but she's getting de-pushed, as she should be, but needs to keep having matches against women better than her to improve.

Last edited:

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I wonder if this guy in the Dark Order commercial is going to become an on-screen spokesman for them. If not, at least have him in audiences during their matches or throughout the show talking to fans about joining the Dark Order. Give out pamphlets. Go all in.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Baker vs. Shida was pretty good. Haters are literally looking for reasons to crap on Britt. Definite room for improvement, but she's getting de-pushed, as she should be, but needs to keep having matches against women better than her to improve.

I think my comments may have come off a lot harsher sounding than I intended with that match as I completely agree with what you've said.
Can't believe I missed this Orange Cassidy goodness on Wednesday. Fantastic.

Yeah so that happened during one of the ad breaks and it had me rolling.
Speaking of, is there any way to watch the old PPVs besides spending $50 on them?

So Fyter Fest and Fight for the Fallen were both free PPVs that are still up on BR Live. As for the other events, you'll still need to drop the $50 (if you don't have a VPN). For what it's worth I think all their PPVs have been really strong. Obviously, the Preshows and Road To vids are all on their youtube.

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My wife was very curious as to why I was laughing so hard at Orange Cassidy and I tried to explain it to her and she just had this look of absolute pity.

She was quite enthused when I explained Jungle Boy, though, so there's that I guess. I don't think she's ever going to fall in on this stuff, though :(

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
My wife was very curious as to why I was laughing so hard at Orange Cassidy and I tried to explain it to her and she just had this look of absolute pity.

She was quite enthused when I explained Jungle Boy, though, so there's that I guess. I don't think she's ever going to fall in on this stuff, though :(

I don't think my wife is either. She's never liked wrestling. She's 42 years old. She's part of the PPO at our daughter's school.

This will remain the sad nerdy domain of myself only. Although my four-year-old and seven-year-old lost it when I showed them a Marko Stunt babysaurus skit. Instantly became their favourite wrestler, as they know I watch this stuff on my phone sometimes.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
My wife thinks Orange Cassidy is one of the funniest things ever, so I feel sorry for you both.

To be fair, I haven't done a great job of trying to introduce her to AEW yet. She doesn't want the girls exposed to violence at this degree, but I'm tempted to respond with "You know this shit's fake, right?" in my best Kevin Nash voice. I don't think that would go over well, though.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
My son LOVES OC. My wife doesn't even try to look at the TV during Dynamite. She now hates WWE after the Puerto Rico house show fiasco that we attended.
You were at that? Yiiiiikes. I don't think anyone can blame her for that.

I had to look up what this was in reference to.

Big yikes. I knew about the Rey thing, but not about everything else.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
It's gonna be great. The episode will also have Omega vs. Evans and Swole vs. Shanna. Sounds like all 3 matches were good-to-very-good going by reports. Most psyched for the women's match, actually.
I've been asking for Omega vs Evans since they were both in that tag match a few weeks back, so that's the one I'm most hyped for, but all three sound excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.