• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I think those were the best two hours of AEW yet, better than their PPV's. Greatness throughout.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Fingers crossed on the ratings. Anything above a million is hot shit.

After last week's rating, I'm sure it's gonna stay over a million and the 18-34 demo will be high. I do think tonight's episode won't get more viewers than last week's but maybe with that botched HiaC ending, I could see fans joining tonight's show just for spite.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
The MJF bit was brilliant.

No swerve of him turning on Cody, but the fact he just soaked in the cheers afterward and began grinning like a smug prick tells so much about his character.

foggy

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

WMBT27

Oct 25, 2017
It seemed chaotic but when you think it through they set up Page vs Hagar, Young Bucks vs LAX, MJF or Dustin vs Sammy, Jericho vs Cody, Jericho vs Darby.

It all made sense!

Yep, and you continue to establish your roster by highlighting them to close the show

More important than bringing back lapsed fans, they'll make brand new fans of wrestling. People who were babies or not even born when Nitro vs RAW was a thing.

For sure, my son is 9. WWE is wrestling to him. This stuff is like a whole new world

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
If Darby keeps this up we'll have the entire soundtracks of THPS2 and 3 in this thread within weeks.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I have to admit that I've actually gotten a bit emotionally overwhelmed the past two weeks watching this.

I've been watching wrestling since the 90s, and while I've still kept up with WWE to this point, it's been missing a soul for a very long time. At least, minus NXT. This has such a nostalgic feel to it while still being fresh, and it makes me extremely happy.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I'd tune in only for Jericho, he's that good with promos and such. Another excellent show this week, weaker matches were definitely the 2nd one and the woman's tag but the rest was excellent, I thought Mox would squash Spears but I was pleasantly surprised. Dustin looked so good in the ring, super happy for him.

Looking forward to next week.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Finally watching the opener. Of all the young talent they have, Private Party are probably the most ready to be put in a high spot on the card. In a tag division this good that says a lot. They are so good.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I like how they're playing with the expectation that MJF will turn on Cody. Whatever happens between those two, it's going to be a big moment with all the seeds they're planting.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I have to admit that I've actually gotten a bit emotionally overwhelmed the past two weeks watching this.

I've been watching wrestling since the 90s, and while I've still kept up with WWE to this point, it's been missing a soul for a very long time. At least, minus NXT. This has such a nostalgic feel to it while still being fresh, and it makes me extremely happy.
Same. I am on such a fucking high right now.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I love how no one is buying MJF's shit except for Cody.

Inner Circle were like " Oh cool, MJF is here. Get over here and join the party!"

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I know it's not gonna happen yet, but I really do wanna see Darby with the championship belt. Every match he's in is incredible. Excited for next week.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
echoing others feelings. hours flew by absurdly fast. cannot wait for next week.

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
The ending was great but that first half an hour, the Young Bucks vs Private Party and the Jericho promo. Man, still buzzing.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
I think I liked hte main tag more than the opener, but I enjoyed both. Main event was just WRASSLIN as fuck though. I'd love to see Hangman/Dustin vs LAX. Did not expect Darby to come off like a future main eventer so quickly. Reminds me of when Vampiro started showing up in WCW and the crowd just immediately took to him.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Nobody is jobbing or getting squashed, and even in defeat everyone feels strong. What a wild.concept.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
man when the eventual AEW game comes out, there needs to be a rumble entrance where Darby automatically enters with a skateboard (like La Parka with a chair in WCW/NWO Revenge)

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Didn't get to watch yet. Did they turn up the theme music? I could barely hear it last week.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017

I didn't know I still had these feelings inside me to be honest. WWE tried their best to kill my passion.

Cam

Oct 27, 2017
My wife, god bless her, has put up with WWE shit for years.

She absolutely, unironically LOVES AEW.
Absolutely the same here, man. Mine has suffered through my retelling of wrestling history and has been cringing at the recent years of wwe, using is as background noise when I'm watching. Since AEW is here, she's actually put her phone down, loves seeing guys like Dustin looking great, she's interested in the build ups and all of that.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's not gonna happen yet, but I really do wanna see Darby with the championship belt. Every match he's in is incredible. Excited for next week.

I fully expect Jericho to make him look great next week and escape with the belt because of some nefarious shit.

But I agree dude would make for a perfect underdog champ. Can't imagine how the roof would come off if Darby won the strap.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't get to watch yet. Did they turn up the theme music? I could barely hear it last week.
I could hear the music just fine, so I'd say yes.
man when the eventual AEW game comes out, there needs to be a rumble entrance where Darby automatically enters with a skateboard (like La Parka with a chair in WCW/NWO Revenge)
I swear, I'll take a damned Kickstarter game funding AKI Syn Sophia to make a grappler with N64 graphics and the AEW roster

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Fun four man tag. Jack Evans stole the show with some really good heeling imho. Not biased just cause he was super nice to my wife. Nope. Not biased at all.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Darby is definitely their late 90s Rey type character but without the huge size differences so it'd be more likely for him to win a title but still feel crazy

Deleted member 2699

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really solid show. Honestly the best compliment I can give is that it didn't feel like two hours. Good pacing makes this so much easier to watch than a Raw or Smackdown.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Incredibly encouraging that they were able to top last week's show this week. I honestly didn't expect that, but it was tight as fuck from start to finish.

Also amazing how many people haven't even made their debut yet.

If they can keep this pace for the next couple of months, I think that's when the word of mouth will really start to kick in and we could see viewership begin to climb.

Status
Not open for further replies.