• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Overall, I'd say this was a 7/10 PPV. However, I'm so happy that Deeb and Rosa put on an awesome title match, we're finally getting rid of the godawful MOTY/Sammy/Tay stuff, Page looks to be on his way to heel town, and Julia Hart finally let the dark queen of the House of Black out.

But dear God, someone needs to tell TK that not every feud needs to be on a PPV simply because it's a feud. PPVs are for the important stuff.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
I'm bummed Page lost and I think based on match quality he had an incredible run.

I drawl the parallel between Page and Okada. The first run with the title was great but the second run will be the one that goes down in history.

Rest up cowboy, you earned it.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Foolish of me to think if Danielson was nice enough to put Hangman over Punk would too.

Lol of course he wouldn't. Good match but shit conclusion.

Danielson is humble, he doesn't need belts. Punk has a gigantic ego. But, also, to him, the belts is what all of this is about. He won't say no to a title chance

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Overall, I'd say this was a 7/10 PPV. However, I'm so happy that Deeb and Rosa put on an awesome title match, we're finally getting rid of the godawful MOTY/Sammy/Tay stuff, Page looks to be on his way to heel town, and Julia Hart finally let the dark queen of the House of Black out.

But dear God, someone needs to tell TK that not every feud needs to be on a PPV simply because it's a feud. PPVs are for the important stuff.
Yeah... parts of it did feel like I got a super-sized Dynamite.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Great ppv, saved by the matches that were expected to be good, though I'd say the mjf stuff made that match worse, and the anarchy in the arena much better. I thought Miro was going to join Andrade there.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
You can get a lot out of this in the short term and that helps it go long term. Kenta being Punk's opponent for Forbidden Door and the "poison" in Hangman coming back with sprinkles of Bullet Club nostalgia can set the seeds of him being heel again. AEW likes factions, and you can have Kenta be the start of Hangman's heel feud with a Bullet Club reunion of sorts.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Someone really needs to tell TK that wrestling shows shouldn't go longer than 3 hours and a half. Four at the absolute maximum. A bigger show with a bloated card just tires out the crowd and hurts the matches as the show goes on.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This thread has some weird (but interesting) reactions, and seems really split on the decision... which makes me think Punk was the right choice to win. It opens up more doors and stories going forward

I don't know what the feeling is outside of this thread though

Personally I think they will work towards Punk vs Omega at Full Gear, but anything can happen in the months between then and now

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
Eddie overcoming Jericho and then an arrogant Punk would be an incredible story. Let him also have one run and potentially bow out on it.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
I love y'all, but I gotta say that some of you look for the worst in everything. I get it that some are jaded from hate watching wrassling for the past 20 years. But really, I think this is the first time that following the discussion on Era detracted from my enjoyment of the show. I would not check for a bit, come back to post something, and see negative comments that didn't line up with what I was seeing on screen at all. To be fair, I also dropped some criticisms in here but some of the stuff I read were straight up fabrications. (Ex. Jeff looked high, the crowd was shitting on the main event)

With all that said, not AE-Dub's best show. The positives far outweighed the negatives though and I'm actually kind of surprised that it felt shorter than it was.

netprints

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm behind by an hour and now br took down the live stream. When does the replay go live. I just finished the tag match

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
I mean its not punks decision who he wins/loses to lol
Lol I know that, just not surprised is all.
Anyway show was...ok but I found myself looking at my phone more often than I normally would during an AEW PPV. It definitely picked up a bit around KOR vs Darby then picked up even more during Rosa vs Deeb. The last 5 matches were pretty good, finish aside for the main event. MOTN for me is either Rosa vs Deeb, the trio tag match or anarchy. Not sure yet.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
So what more for the tag titles? I guess there'll be a JE/Christian thing but what else? Was the best opportunity for Team Taz tonight, but maybe given the booking overall it's best their victory isn't associated with tonight's PPV.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana

yep, agree with all of that.

at the end of the day, punk is the biggest name/draw they have, so making him the champ just makes business sense. there will be seriously no lack of competitors you can pit him against and have it be interesting and he should get a good reign out of it. ultimately, i do hope it's eddie that wins it next but i'm not sure that will happen. still been waiting on santana/ortiz to get their long-deserved run with the belts too.

Drachen

May 3, 2021
MOTN for me was the 3 way tag, although Rosa/Deeb is riiiight behind it. Overall a good PVP with a much stronger back half.

Boze Man

Oct 27, 2017
Bozeman, MT
It was awesome live! My only 2 complaints were a third of the arena running for the bathroom and merch stand when Anna Jay's music hit and AEW's insistence of only having one merch stand going in these larger arenas. Line for merch looks about 2 hours long now.