• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
9t6e6CI.jpg

Three years ago, it started with a dream. To bring actual competition…scratch that…actual WRESTLING back to professional wrestling. And now, it's the hottest wrestling promotion on the planet today. AEW has certainly gone through quite an evolution since it debuted in 2019, but perhaps no more period has been more tumultuous than the past 12 months. The end of COVID restrictions led to the return of live crowds, the promotion signed several of the top wrestlers on the planet such as Adam Cole, Keith Lee, Bryan Danielson, and Samoa Joe, the company's initially acrimonious relationship with New Japan Pro Wrestling gave way to an interpromotional supershow that blew the "forbidden door" off of its hinges, and they even brought CM Punk back to wrestling! But it hasn't all been sunshine and rainbows, as in another shocking turn, Cody Rhodes - one of the men who founded and built AEW, and the best wrestler on the planet by a large margin, made a shocking return to WWE after six years, his initial departure being the catalyst that created AEW in the first place. A terrible loss, as he's certainly putting on incredible matches every single ni…
89zmDrM.gif

…a large margin indeed.

Of course, that's not all, as Double or Nothing also features the return of something that has been missing from our TV screens for many years and was once a key part of WWE broadcasts, but has now like so many others, made their way to AEW...

MOTION GRAPHICS!
cEblSPz.gif

First, airing for free on YouTube will be the Buy In pre-show, featuring one exclusive match...

D1MgNEP.jpg

And then, the main card!
IbddQzK.jpg

fKL5G0W.jpg

Sxh1Jih.jpg

3XEnzq4.jpg

ALRUbVB.jpg

image.png

uZM7DrC.jpg

FCg70R4.jpg

9XYejHm.jpg

ezgif-4-248789485a.jpg

mq67kN7.jpg

9ujbTH0.jpg

Last edited:

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
oh this is

this is a lotta matches, good matches but uh damn tk i watch basketball highlights i don't need this fat card

you can't say you ain't getting bang for your buck there

GatsGatsby

Oct 27, 2017
West Columbia, SC
I would of been more than fine with the mixed trios tag being on the buy-in.

Hopefully they'll place it somewhere on the card where I can go to the bathroom and fix whatever drink I'll be on at that time.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Okay. As an American who cannot install their VPN to their router.

How can I watch this tomorrow?

I have FITE on my Roku but it's not showing Double or Nothing.

It's showing a lot of wrestling but not Double or Nothing?

Jan 31, 2018
Meltzer said in the lastest WOR that the buy-in is 30 minutes. The main show is probably... 4:30 hours? I have no clue tbh. You could remove the TBS title match (legit out of nowhere and not that good of a mtatch to be in the PPV), Darby v KOR (probable pretty good but easily could be a Dynamite match) and the mixed tag trios match (get this feud off this show, throw into the sun, FINISH THIS SHIT). The rest could wound up being solid matches to classics.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I am not too excited for the matches based on the stories told leading up to them, but I know the matches will be good anyway.

The confrontation between Punk and Hangman on Dynamite was great though.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Meltzer said in the lastest WOR that the buy-in is 30 minutes. The main show is probably... 4:30 hours? I have no clue tbh. You could remove the TBS title match (legit out of nowhere and not that good of a mtatch to be in the PPV), Darby v KOR (probable pretty good but easily could be a Dynamite match) and the mixed tag trios match (get this feud off this show, throw into the sun, FINISH THIS SHIT). The rest could wound up being solid matches to classics.
They seemingly actually need those matches because Tony Khan does not want to put the world title match on during Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
3 years already. Feels like AEW came into my life and gave me hope for American wrestling again. THIS CARD IS STACKED!

Some more Forbidden Door building would be a bonus on this show.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
I'm flying to Munich today, don't know if I'll able to watch this unless I say fuck it stay up 2AM

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They put him in the ring against the Miz. And then Cody thought Miz could actually do an AEW match.
You mean Cody thought Miz could pull off a pro wrestling match in sports entertainment. Cody realizing he's working with sports entertainers and not pro wrestlers anymore.

Darkgable

Nov 3, 2017
Sorry I'm in the dark here. Can someone explain the meaning of the thread title to me?

Anyway looking forward to this banger of a show, mainly due to the unpredictably of the match ups...

auicc

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Flying into Vegas for this on Sunday so expecting that glorious 5 hour main card with how many matches there are lol

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
That card is far too long for me.

I could split it into a couple of viewings given that I'll be unable to see it live anyway, but then it's already incredibly hard to last a few hours without being spoiled on AEW shows, so watching it over the course of a couple of days is not really an option. So I'm going to have to skip a bunch of those matches.

Cookiedoh85

Oct 29, 2017
Gonna be a long PPV for sure. I've got the next week off work so not going to be affected too badly by staying up late (Buy-in starts at 12am here). Though really there's only 4 matches on the card I'm totally invested in seeing (HOOK/Danhausen, MJF/Wardlow, Tag Team triple threat, Punk/Hangman).

WowCoolRobot

Aug 15, 2021
I've strayed off the last month or two. How has the build been, especially for Punk and Page?

Here's most of the build:

Punk is claiming things are just business, but Hangman has a chip on his shoulder and really does not trust Punk. The reasons why only sort of came out this past Wednesday, when Hangman implies Punk is a two-faced manipulative liar who's fooling the fans and their boss.

It's been an understated but interesting build. Either this is the early chapter of a longer feud, or we may see some big mask-off turn at the PPV, or Hangman is just going plain paranoid. It's hard to predict what will happen.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
Ehhhhhhhhhh

Lukewarm at best.

Outside of the BCC stuff I thought the show was in a bit of a lull, so that doesn't surprise me.

Here's most of the build:

Punk is claiming things are just business, but Hangman has a chip on his shoulder and really does not trust Punk. The reasons why only sort of came out this past Wednesday, when Hangman implies Punk is a two-faced manipulative liar who's fooling the fans and their boss.

It's been an understated but interesting build. Either this is the early chapter of a longer feud, or we may see some big mask-off turn at the PPV, or Hangman is just going plain paranoid. It's hard to predict what will happen.

Awesome, thanks. I'll catch up before Sunday.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Cause of time differences, I'll be at work during the PPV. But I'll try my best to catch it the minute I get home. Hope nothing gets spoiled 🤞🏽

Last edited:

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hyyyyyyyyype for the show! Not so much for a 5 hour show, lol. I'd say I would watch this in multiple sittings, but with the tag titles main eventing thanks to Team Taz I'm gonna have to stay up for it. Crazy to me that FTR isn't on this card considering how red hot they are and I can't say I'm excited for any of the women's matches this time around. (Jade/Anna overdelivered before, though) Really hoping Stat/Hayter get a proper push in the post-PPV reset.

I'll admit, I rolled my eyes at that thread title at first. Just let Cody fade into obscurity. But holy shit that gif had me howling. Dude really tried to claim that he wrassled everyone in AE-Dub and is now stuck with Rollins and Miz. (who I honestly didn't remember being terrible, just not good) Given, Cody wasn't setting the world on fire with his non-gimmick matches — they were always good aside from the FotR ladder match that he actively sabotaged — but damn. He was never involved in anything that bad and he still got himself booed out of the company.

I've strayed off the last month or two. How has the build been, especially for Punk and Page?

Best builds have been for the tag title match and HOOKHAUSEN.

youtu.be

The World is on Edge...Will HOOK & Danhausen Finally Wrestle? | AEW Dynamite, 4/20/22

#AEWDynamite #HOOK #Danhausen The World is on Edge...Will HOOK & Danhausen Finally Wrestle? | AEW Dynamite, 4/20/22Subscribe now and never miss a new video: ...
youtu.be

Did We Just Witness the Beginning of HOOK-Hausen? | AEW Rampage, 4/29/22

#AEWRampage #HOOK #Danhausen AEW Rampage, 4/29/22Subscribe now and never miss a new video: https://www.youtube.com/c/aew?sub_confirmation=1AEW Dynamite airs ...
youtu.be

Did Danhausen Make HOOK an Offer He Can't Refuse? | AEW Rampage, 5/6/22

#AEWRampage #HOOK #Danhausen AEW Rampage, 5/6/22Subscribe now and never miss a new video: https://www.youtube.com/c/aew?sub_confirmation=1AEW Dynamite airs e...
youtu.be

Could We Actually See HOOKHausen? | AEW Dynamite, 5/11/22

#AEWDynamite #Danhausen #HOOK Subscribe now and never miss a new video: https://www.youtube.com/c/aew?sub_confirmation=1AEW Dynamite airs every Wednesday nig...

Last edited:

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I'm usually a bit burned out with AEW PPV by the time the main event rolls around because it's a long show, but holy shit did they really need 12 fucking matches on this? Did they really need to add Darby vs Kyle, the Jade Match, the 6 man, etc? Like a lot of people, I'm going to be going to a party to watch this show- when I factor in drive time back home, I'm not getting back till 2am because there is no way this show isn't done by 1am

This is the least excited I've been for a non-pandemic AEW PPV, and this absurdly long card isn't helping

Nov 5, 2017
First off, lol at that Cody gif. Sorely missed.

Onto serious talk, super hyped for DoN. All those matches + a day off the next day = LET'S F'N GO!

WowCoolRobot

Aug 15, 2021
This time I'm not going to be able to stay up and watch the PPV live and with the card as big as it is, I'm thinking that may actually be for the best - when I catch the replay on Monday I'll be able to pace it and insert my own intermission if needed.

(Sadly I'm going to have to avoid these threads and and YT until I'm done with the show, of course.)