• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
FP3n4HPXIAI4lsD

dlYkcVH.gif

Image-empty-state.jpg

Image-empty-state.jpg

Wednesday, April 13th - AEW Dynamite

FP3n4HPXIAI4lsD

FP4CHnMXEAILh7n

FQKyGwAXsAUT_Se

FQLCPTXWUAAvGXF

FP4Ak3iWUAclUO5

FQJellpXEAYnu7g

FQK06cdXsAoHyAs

Friday, April 15th at 7pm ET/6pm CT (Live) - AEW Rampage

FQWwz8YVgAgHzDg

Saturday, April 16th at 8pm ET - AEW Battle of the Belts II

FQW0V71VcAcXHe-

FQWC2vnWQAUb2_J

FQVlVWLXoAEOW5q

Last edited:

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
This card could be just Penta v. Punk and Suzuki v. Joe and I'd be happy.

What does this madlad have in store for us

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Man why does AEW keep bringing in all these semi-retired jobbers.

We need more hype wrestlers like Evil or Great O'Khan.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Looks like a hot week. Fully expecting a Gresham match to be announced outta nowhere, but could be wrong. I imagine we're getting Sammy vs. Scorpio at BotB2.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
Oh shit, Pentagon and Punk.

Break his fucking arm, Penta!

It won't happen, but it probably should. Penta going dark again feels limp so far.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
So many matches with a possible 30 extra minutes? This is not including Rampage, Battle of the Belts and NJPW this weekend. I'm drowning in good wrasslin!

QXfkKO5.gif

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
No way will Dynamite run 30 minutes over. LOL. I think Dave just said that since most DVRs record in 30-minute blocks, no? I'd be surprised if Dynamite went more than 5 minutes over.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017

4-5 of these matches can easily be 20 minute bangers. Gonna be hard to squeeze that into 2h 5 minutes lol

Lucky Aces

Banned
Dec 7, 2020
I'm probably late to the party, but I wanted to catch up with some of the biggest matches, so I watched all of the CM Punk vs MJF feud ( one of the greatest wrestling storylines I have ever seen), and that FTR vs Young Bucks tag match was Wrestlemania worthy. Holy crap!

I'm hooked now.

Ivol

Dec 12, 2017
No way will Dynamite run 30 minutes over. LOL. I think Dave just said that since most DVRs record in 30-minute blocks, no? I'd be surprised if Dynamite went more than 5 minutes over.
Gotta look for the RAT IN THE KITCHEN!! at 10:06. Just realized that on Sling TV I can't record 5 more minutes so I'll have a whole damn episode of that shitty show.

Ivol

Dec 12, 2017
I'm probably late to the party, but I wanted to catch up with some of the biggest matches, so I watched all of the CM Punk vs MJF feud ( one of the greatest wrestling storylines I have ever seen), and that FTR vs Young Bucks tag match was Wrestlemania worthy. Holy crap!

I'm hooked now.
Hey, welcome!! There's coffee and donuts in the back.

Completely agree with you, I feel like the MJF/Punk feud will be talked about years.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

I'm hooked now.

Welcome aboard! :) Always awesome to see new faces in here. If you get a chance, check out FTR vs. The Briscoes from ROH Supercard of Honor.

If you've got any faves from your early viewings of AEW, I'm sure most of us would love to hear them!

Last edited:

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

4-5 of these matches can easily be 20 minute bangers. Gonna be hard to squeeze that into 2h 5 minutes lol

Yeah. I mean, the big boys (+Ricky&Sw3rve) match could probably be satisfying in 11-12 minutes and take up one quarter total, but a lot of these matches could definitely go long. I imagine they'll start with Punk vs. Penta, though I'd love for them to start with a hot tag title match. Start championship week off with a championship match.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017

I'm hooked now.
Welcome! You will get your honorary AEW Fan Certificate in the mail soon.

Lucky Aces

Banned
Dec 7, 2020
Hey, welcome!! There's coffee and donuts in the back.

Completely agree with you, I feel like the MJF/Punk feud will be talked about years.

Much obliged! Yeah it was just such well acted, constructed, and remarkable both on and off the ring. That teary promo from MJF was spectacular. The amount of stones he had to put himself out there like that is rare, and I applaud him for it, as well as using it to fuel an intense rivalry.

Welcome aboard! :) Always awesome to see new faces in here. If you get a chance, check out FTR vs. The Briscoes from ROH Supercard of Honor.

I absolutely will! I admittedly, started casually with AEW because of three people: CM Punk, Orange Cassidy, and Jade Cargill. But now I'm entertained by the whole show. It's making me feel like a kid again.

Welcome! You will get your honorary AEW Fan Certificate in the mail soon.

Can't wait to hang it up on my wall!

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA
Really excited about this Dynamite. Penta vs Punk is a match I've wanted to see since Punk returned. Should be great. Hopefully Shafir impresses as well. However I'm so ready for the Joe vs Suzuki match. We might see a murder tomorrow night.

I hope the TNT overrun squashes those concerns about AEW potentially having problems with the new leadership at Warner. They won't give an overrun to a show they have no faith in.

I'm hooked now.

Welcome to the club, friend. Never too late to become a fan. AEW has brought my passion for wrestling back. Something I thought I lost in 2001.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
While we're shooting, AEW made me care about a weekly North American pro wresting promotion again for the first time in years, and this might legitimately be the most fun I've ever had watching wrestling. It's certainly the most invested I've been in terms of tracking the week-to-week stories and remembering particular matches and moments from a wrestling company. At least since early to mid-90s WWF. Nevermind actually spending money on PPVs (never did this back in the day...I just didn't watch PPVs, or went to my friend's house to watch them.), or merchandise.

Going back a bit, I watched the first two to three years of the Attitude era, but it really was Bret Hart who kept me invested when I was watching the company. Austin, Rock, and co. were entertaining, but I never considered any of those guys "my favourite." They were just cool characters doing cool things. Once Bret left, I jumped to watching WCW almost exclusively (gravitated towards Jericho, Rey, Malenko, and co.) before jumping off around '99/2000 due to just focusing on other things in life, and not coming back until 2009/2010. (I checked in from time to time during those off years, but I remember not connecting at all to Cena, Orton, and Batista because they weren't "my guys" either, like Bret, Perfect, and Owen had been, for example.)

Anyway, not gonna go through my whole wrestling viewing history, but it was touch and go between ROH, WWE, and New Japan for several years until AEW came onto the scene. They got me hook, line, and sinker with Double or Nothing, and I haven't missed a single show since.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, people are absolutely reading too much into that tweet. If they were planning to go an additional 30 minutes they would just advertise that Dynamite will be 30 minutes longer this week. Like you said, overruns tend to max out at 5 minutes. This could be a byproduct of it being a stacked show but also they could be doing a post match angle after the main event that they want to make sure they have time for.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
So much wrestling this week. I'm also going to a local live wrestling show on Saturday!

I wonder what other matches will be added to Rampage and Battle of The Belts. TNT championship match between babyface hero Scorpio Sky and company vs disgusting heel Sammy Guevara?

Str0ngStyle

Oct 28, 2017
It really sucks that the card is so hyped up that a match that I really could do with being bumped to another week (Shamir vs Blue) is a match I don't really want to get bumped because the women do not get enough shine some times and it's building to another storyline.

We really are eating too damn good with wrestling these days if you are willing to put in a fraction of a damn.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
So much wrestling this week. I'm also going to a local live wrestling show on Saturday!

I wonder what other matches will be added to Rampage and Battle of The Belts. TNT championship match between babyface hero Scorpio Sky and company vs disgusting heel Sammy Guevara?

My guesses are:
TBS Championship: Jade Cargill vs Marina Shafir
FTW Championship: Ricky Starks vs Keith Lee
And yeah, probably Sky vs Guevara.

Wouldn't be shocked if an ROH title match gets stuck in there, would love to see Yuta defend the Pure title.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY

I'm hooked now.

Welcome to the show friend. I was like you until I discovered NJPW in the mid-2000s. And a lot of that fanbase has moved to AEW and with good reason. You're getting quality wrestling with sensible storytelling and an incredible fanbase. Seriously AEW fans are such a close group it's wonderful.

The best part is that Tony Khan just seems to GET what people want in wrestling. And the biggest part of that is creating actual competition. Notice that Cody Rhodes comes back to WWE and gives them actual momentum for the first time in years. And then Tony just goes batshit putting on amazing matches to compete. It's such an amazing time to be a fan of wrestling right now, this is the most excited I've been since the late 90s.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
We getting an overrun too at some point this week.

Punk vs Penta along with Joe vs Suzuki?! Whew....