• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will it be...

• The Final Countdown

Votes: 78 47.9%
  • Flight of the Valkyries

Votes: 85 52.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jabronium

Oct 26, 2017
For signing up on AEW plus with VPN, do you have to do the same shenanigans with the mobile app and such like for last night's show?

OP
OP
Rivenblade

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Man, not even having the shits could ruin how great this PPV was.

Miro's theme is so fucking cool.

Indeed.

grinding-music.gif

OP
OP
Rivenblade

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
You should all watch the post-All Out media scrum. It's fantastic. I'm a Ruby Soho fan for life just from her appearance on this.

"I'm just so happy. This place RULES."

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
Dropped WWE years ago, cause it was utterly boring. Started watching AEW when it began but kinda fell off for no reason, just not enough time or did other things instead.

Watched this PPV, because of Punks return.

It was fucking amazing. I am all in on AEW on a weekly basis.

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dropped WWE years ago, cause it was utterly boring. Started watching AEW when it began but kinda fell off for no reason, just not enough time or did other things instead.

Watched this PPV, because of Punks return.

It was fucking amazing. I am all in on AEW on a weekly basis.
Welcome! It's an incredible ride.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Well for this specific PPV Fite was offered as another legal option for US residents. When you buy a PPV on fite you get all versions. So when we purchased All Out using VPN for $20 we were able to get access to the US $50 version as well without needing to use the VPN.

So if Fite has AEW PPVs in the future you wont need a VPN to watch it.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
I am 36 years old. It's Tuesday in Australia. I'm currently watching a 1.5hr media scrum. I just watched 4 hours of a PPV. Prior to that I watched 3 hours of wrestling over the weekend.

What the fuck is going I feel like I am twelve again. That's 8 hours of wrestling content in a few days, and I am fucking hooked. It's like I'm realising I never fell out of love with wrestling, it was the wrestlings fault.

Now the wrestling is good, and I am glad.

I watched both nights of Wrestle Grand Slam, which would be over 6 hours. Then All Out which was 4 hours. And now I'm thinking of buying the GCW show from the weekend!

About five years ago I started dropping WWE content one by one thinking I just can't consume that much wrestling a week, that Raw and maybe Smackdown needs cut their runtime. It wasn't that, it was because they were fucking shit.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
I'm a big proponent of the world title going on last, but at the conclusion of Kenny/Christian I wrote that they should've swapped that match with Punk/Darby on the card.

I was wrong. With the aftermath it was absolutely the right call to put those matches in those spots on the card. I actually don't really know if I would change the order of anything. Miro/Eddie and Mox/Kojima were two slugfests in a row, but I really don't know how you move them around without disrupting the flow elsewhere on the card. Miro/Eddie is a perfect opener and Mox/Kojima gave us a surprise appearance early on in the card. (with Ruby anchoring the middle and Cole/Bryan at the end)

And yes, the Battle Royale should've always been on the main show.

Yeah, big congrats to whoever decided on the show structure (presumably Khan?). It was perfect.

Hybrid Hunter

May 9, 2018
Sydney, Australia
Yeah, big congrats to whoever decided on the show structure (presumably Khan?). It was perfect.

Definitely Tony Khan who laid out the structure. Championship matches should always go on last, and since the heel was winning, post match shenanigans with Cole and Bryan returns ensure people left happier.

Full Gear won't need post match shenanigans as it will (presumably) be Hangman winning over Omega.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
I was sick yesterday so it took me a long time to catch up but nothing could kill me hype for All Out.

- HFO vs Best Friends & Jurassic Express was fun. Perfect match to sell casuals on the PPV.
- Kingston vs Miro (c) was great. That's what Miro/Archer should have been.
- Kojima vs Mox was good. Nice to hear the crowd cheer for Kojima. Minoru Suzuki! I marked out for that exchange.
- Statlander vs DMD (c) was good but could have done with a few more minutes. Pittsburgh Sunrise!
- Lucha Bros vs Young Bucks (c) was a top tier cage match & MOTY Contender. Hype entrance and win for the Lucha Bros!
- Women's Battle Royale was fun. Ruby Soho! I hope they address the Riho elimination botch.
- MJF vs Jericho was great. MJF's trolling and the live Fozzy entrances were a nice touch. I enjoyed the fakeout finish. MJF did some of the best selling of his career.
- Darby vs Punk was great even before the bell rung. Punk looked fantastic and hasn't adjusted his moveset too much from 8 years ago. Darby with that helicopter intro budget.
- QT vs Wight was OK to help attract casuals. So long as they don't shoehorn either guy on to every PPV. Smart promoting the next Dynamite on PPV.
- Christian vs Omega (c) was great. Adam Cole is Elite Baybay! BRYAN DANIELSON!

My memory of past PPVs is dodgy but this was probably the best one yet.

MoosetheMark

May 3, 2019
AEW is killing it, but one key they are missing is main-event level Black superstars. I can't assign too much fault to AEW for this, many established Black wrestlers are signed to WWE, ROH, IMPACT, etc., while AEW has signed a lot of promising new talent. If I'm Tony, I'm making it my number one priority to sign a top-level Black performer or performers to shake up the top of the card.

Obviously, I agree with Jeff Gerstmann that the New Day would be a massive get for AEW and are my current dream signees. Any one of those guys could easily hang with Omega, the Bucks, Danielson, etc. I also really hope within the next year Jonathan Gresham is in AEW. He's frankly among the top three workers of the era and could be an incredible Sullivan/Taskmaster type figure. A Sasha Banks defection would also be insane, and seems impossible but then again, so did CM Punk. Which wrestlers of color do you think AEW should try to sign ASAP?

Last edited:

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
AEW is killing it, but one key they are missing is main-event level Black superstars. I can't assign too much fault to AEW for this, many established Black wrestlers are signed to WWE, ROH, IMPACT, etc., while AEW has signed a lot of promising new talent. If I'm Tony, I'm making it my number one priority to sign a top-level Black performer or performers to shake up the top of the card.

Obviously, I agree with Jeff Gerstmann that the New Day would be a massive get for AEW and are my current dream signees. I also really hope within the next year Jonathan Gresham is in AEW. He's frankly among the top three workers of the era and could be an incredible Sullivan/Taskmaster type figure. A Sasha Banks defection would also be insane, and seems impossible but then again, so did CM Punk. Which wrestlers of color do you think AEW should try to sign ASAP?

Malakai Black is already an incredible Sullivan/Taskmaster type figure.

Nov 2, 2018
Really enjoyed the show. Two really nit picky stuff:

Bucks need to go 5 minutes less than what they have planned. In all the PPV matches I watch of theirs you hit a point of diminishing returns on the crazy moves and more often than not ends on something less impactful that was already done.

Christian/Omega - what was going on in terms of the rules? Was it meant to be no DQ? The announcers didn't seem to know because they kept making a point of saying the ref was distracted, but there was a blatant table shot, interference, and the ref is just there barely even waving his arms.

Was it meant to be a point of Omega as an EVP can do what he wants - because they were not selling that story. Took me out of an otherwise good match should have just made it no dq.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017

Obviously, I agree with Jeff Gerstmann that the New Day would be a massive get for AEW and are my current dream signees. Any one of those guys could easily hang with Omega, the Bucks, Danielson, etc. I also really hope within the next year Jonathan Gresham is in AEW. He's frankly among the top three workers of the era and could be an incredible Sullivan/Taskmaster type figure. A Sasha Banks defection would also be insane, and seems impossible but then again, so did CM Punk. Which wrestlers of color do you think AEW should try to sign ASAP?

New Day are locked with WWE until the end of 2024 unfortunately (and E & Woods will be pushing 40, Kofi will be 43 by then,) so I wouldn't hold my breath with them. Gresham re-signed a contract with ROH early this year, so I wonder if there was interest on AEW side or he has some other reason to stick with ROH.

Unfortunately I don't really see anyone available who could make a big impact right away - unless they want to take their chances with Moose (& his associated baggage.) Maybe Moriarty & Chris Bey but I think they will still be projects to develop, instead of immediate main eventers.

Cogniferous

Oct 27, 2017
England
So I only started the PPV at 11:30pm last night and was up till 3am making sure I caught it with no spoilers after working all day Monday.

I can't remember the last time I've been so excited about wrestling; I was literally tearing up when the Lucha Brothers won the tag titles and when Danielson appeared at the end. AEW already stepped up a gear when Punk signed but they added literally my favourite wrestler to the roster alongside Ruby Soho and Adam Cole, who I can't believe the WWE missed out on making into megastars... but I guess the same could be said of most WWE escapees in AEW.

But the best it yet to come, I'm sure. The potential match-ups available to AEW is astounding and their young talent are only going to get better. Can't wait to see what they're building to next.

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
So would I enjoy this PPV if this was my first AEW show? I don't know much about the show I do know some wrestlers names ofcourse but I wanna get in :)

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Just wanted to share a YouTube channel I recently found, guy is really funny and it's criminal that he only has just over 3k subs. Here was one I watched today and was having a good laugh (if you are British you should appreciate it more too).

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
question, once you buy it.........you have access anywhere at that point correct?
you still need to use a VPN to start it, but yes, afterward, i watched it through my browser.
So that depends. In the case of All Out since it was available in the US if you used a VPN to buy it in the UK you do not need to use a VPN to start the show. When you buy a show it's available to watch in any region the show is available in.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know how long Apollo Crews/Uhaa Nation is locked in with WWE for, but with a little bit of rehabilitation, he could be a big match wrestler pretty easily. Not necessarily top of the card immediately, but let's say TNT-title material.

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any tips for getting into AEW for someone with no pro wrestling experience?

So would I enjoy this PPV if this was my first AEW show? I don't know much about the show I do know some wrestlers names ofcourse but I wanna get in :)
Read the OP's post on the first page to get a quick synopsis of the PPV setup (it's fantastic). It's a perfect jump on point as a lot of feuds were just settled and new feuds will start to lead into Full Gear. Plus, check out the topics in the Hangouts section, we'll be more than happy to get you caught up.

In the meantime, if you sign up via Fite.TV and AEW on a free VPN (it's $5 a month, includes all Dynamite's going back to the start, and Rampage which just started last month), you can quickly get caught up with some of the other storylines that are still ongoing.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Christian/Omega - what was going on in terms of the rules? Was it meant to be no DQ? The announcers didn't seem to know because they kept making a point of saying the ref was distracted, but there was a blatant table shot, interference, and the ref is just there barely even waving his arms.

Was it meant to be a point of Omega as an EVP can do what he wants - because they were not selling that story. Took me out of an otherwise good match should have just made it no dq.
It was a very NJPW-esque main event in that sense.

A combination of "The ref doesn't want to end this match in a DQ because it's a hotly anticipated match" and the NJPW style thinking of "It's not strictly illegal if it happens outside the ring". I can see where you're coming from though, since these kinds of matches happen often in NJPW so they're kinda used to it. But in AEW, they're still the outlier so it might stand out to folks.

Last edited:

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017

A consistent thing in AEW is the ref's "discretion" to look the other way when a match could otherwise be stopped for DQ, and that's what commentary was selling, not distraction. He could have stopped the match but chose not to. So, in effect, title matches are always hardcore rules to an extent.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
A consistent thing in AEW is the ref's "discretion" to look the other way when a match could otherwise be stopped for DQ, and that's what commentary was selling, not distraction. He could have stopped the match but chose not to. So, in effect, title matches are always hardcore rules to an extent.
It's a bit of help from commentary on that one. They will explain stuff like this to the audience, which is what you mistook UglySofaGaming as confusion. They told you "this would normally be cause for a DQ, but since a DQ would help Omega retain and screw Christian, the ref isn't falling for that stuff and giving the men some leeway."

It's like how in MMA sometimes a ref won't stop a match or deduct a point when he normally would because it would screw up the fight and result everyone had been waiting for.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
It's still not a very good thing that the rules basically doesn't exist sometimes. I mean it's not the end of the world, but it's a pretty stupid way of allowing matches to do spots they shouldn't be doing. It's as stupid as ending normal matches with a pin after a single chairshot but having 10 chairshots ending in one or two counts during a hardcore match, during the same show.

It really doesn't matter if the announcers justify it. To me it's just the wrestlers doing whatever they want and not caring about the stipulation of the matches or what has been set. Wrestling is predetermined, so it is a very consious way of saying fuck it.

But again, it's not the end of the world. Personally, it's just stupid and unveliebable.

Oct 27, 2017
this kind of 'up to ref's discretion' is pretty standard in wrestling tbh. you can find examples of it in any major title match on any brand for the last 40+ years

the 'rules' are only important insofar as they advance the storyline.

honestly the only inconsistency that was a bit annoying was the early days when the Lucha Bros basically did wtf they wanted in tag matches, but they've cracked down on that.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
this kind of 'up to ref's discretion' is pretty standard in wrestling tbh. you can find examples of it in any major title match on any brand for the last 40+ years

the 'rules' are only important insofar as they advance the storyline.

honestly the only inconsistency that was a bit annoying was the early days when the Lucha Bros basically did wtf they wanted in tag matches, but they've cracked down on that.

Yeah, but that's kinda the point, matches are predetermined, so you can create them around it. Breaking two tables and having the ref be like whatevs makes even less sense than the usual stupid distractions.

OP
OP
Rivenblade

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Just wanted to share a YouTube channel I recently found, guy is really funny and it's criminal that he only has just over 3k subs. Here was one I watched today and was having a good laugh (if you are British you should appreciate it more too).

Yeah, this channel is great. The favourite sex positions bit from this vid with the shitty Photoshop tombstone got me to crack. LOL

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a bit of help from commentary on that one. They will explain stuff like this to the audience, which is what you mistook UglySofaGaming as confusion. They told you "this would normally be cause for a DQ, but since a DQ would help Omega retain and screw Christian, the ref isn't falling for that stuff and giving the men some leeway."

It's like how in MMA sometimes a ref won't stop a match or deduct a point when he normally would because it would screw up the fight and result everyone had been waiting for.
It is also bascially how things are being handled in NJPW.
You kinda wanna have the heat from the heel, without throwing the match out, cause that would piss off the fans. So the Ref doesn't fall for it, cause it would only help the heel champ to retain. Making a DQ is a tool, but a tool that should only be used in very small amounts, otherwise it loses its effect and you train your audience to not care about matches like during the WWF Russo era or every Nitro-match with NWO involvement.

Nov 2, 2018

Ehh

I think I remember JR saying at the first table break the ref was distracted. Maybe he was as confused as me, but the announcers need to be on the same page.

I can't say I'm a fan of this style. It doesn't make any sense in the over arching story that Tony Khan is fed up enough to put the bucks in a cage but Omega can do whatever.

Rules are there to be deconstructed in my opinion and the match is built with them in mind.

I've heard but not witnessed the Bucks ignore the tag rope and counts in the ring as well.

Doesn't mesh with my tastes. It comes across as they wanted to do a table spot, and so they were doing a table spot regardless of anything else.

I get what you're saying, but I think there's a much more impactful way to do it. Have Omega blatantly cheat in a specific spot, announcers make a big deal about why the ref won't DQ and then it adds to the match like with Jericho's foot on the ropes rather than being pretty distracting, at least in my opinion

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Which wrestlers of color do you think AEW should try to sign ASAP?
This made me take a look at the AEW Roster to see who they have and who would compliment the roster currently. I agree they need more black main eventers. The women's division is pretty diverse and a huuuuuge contrast to their men's division. The men's division has a lot of black stars waiting to happen. They have a lot of works in progress.

Lee Johnson - getting some good TV time and some strong spots vs Miro and Malakai
Cpt. Shawn Dean - Has a great story, can talk, needs more time in the ring. Seems like a real positive force behind the scenes.
Dante Martin - If he can talk he's going to the top much sooner than later
Will Hobbs - If he can go for more than 10 minutes and stay healthy he has monster heel written all over him.
Private Party - The talent is there, they can talk, the only weakness is they're green and still need a bit more experience with transitions.
Anthony Ogogo - Has the star power, he can talk, but needs to get the fuck away from the Factory and work on the showmanship for his finish. Needs more ring time too.
Sonny Kiss - The Janela feud could spin into something cool. Sonny's got the skill, but needs work on the mic.

If they sign him: Lee Moriarty - very good on the mat, no idea if he can talk but I'd be looking at picking him and Daniel Garcia up ASAP.

Who could/should they sign? (assuming contract issues aren't a thing)
Cedric Alexander - He's doing fuck all at WWE and it'd be cool to see him with Big Swole.
Chris Bey - would be a big get
Keith Lee - The crowd would love him and he'd be able to work the style that got him over.

Dream Signing: The New Day - I don't think it'll happen any time soon if at all but imagine a Bucks vs New Day or Lucha Bros vs New Day, or a more seasoned Private Party vs New Day. These are dream tag matches for me. Then all the singles matches. Wardlow vs Big E, Kofi vs Rey Fenix, Xavier Woods vs Kenny Omega. just give me these matches while they can still go PLEASE.

OP
OP
Rivenblade

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Him doing commentary for the couple having sex godlt.a good laugh out of me. Also when the fellow wrestling fan joined the island was amazing 🤣

This fantasy booking vid where he tries to get AEW to go out of business is brilliant. Kenny getting kicked out of The Elite on AEW Dark, and a 1-hour Dynamite match between Billy Gunn and QT Marhsall. LOOOOOL

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What AEW should do is just lay out that all championship matches are under the discretion of the Ref, and it's the referees decision on how far they are willing to let the match go, outside of an obvious DQ call (interference for example).

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
In terms of black talent:

Lee Moriarty and Chris Bey should be taken as soon as possible. Even more than Gresham, who is a ROH lifer like Lethal.

AC Mack would be a get since he's black and LGBTQIA. Also, Darius Lockhart, AJ Gray, Willow Nightingale, and Trish Adora.

There are a lot of great talent. Some even good enough to get that Daniel Garcia/2.0 "push outta nowhere" situation.