• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will it be...

• The Final Countdown

Votes: 78 47.9%
  • Flight of the Valkyries

Votes: 85 52.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I'd be surprised if they even did it that much? Frankly I don't know that I would even need it that much. Give it to me once or twice a month (maybe more in AEW PPV months cause let's be real, AEW is the only reason they've revived the show). Obviously, Jeff, Jan and Jason will be on it. Do you think they get Alex for at least this return episode?
Yea by biweekly I meant every 2 weeks. Idk about Alex, tbh havent followed them for a while.

fallingedge

Oct 25, 2017
Trust me there's no shortage of bad takes.

1. The Elite are boring.
2. Adam Cole adds nothing and is a CAW.
3. Kenny shouldn't be champion, he's a nerd.

Come on.

fam, I've been defending Cole, Omega, Bucks, basically the entire AEW roster since they been in PWG when we were on the GAF boards. I know the struggle lol.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Finally was able to watch Stat v Britt. Loved it! I'll keep saying it though: Britt is better when she's getting reps in. I know you don't want to have your champion overexposed, but when she's more consistently active in the ring she's a smoother worker. When she has these long stretches without a match she falls back on sloppy habits. There wasn't anything damning here though and Stat bossed this match, so probably the best of Britt's title run so far. Really hope the Ruby match isn't far off. Stat will be fine and her time will come.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
No worries. There was another poster in here with similar sentiments. I now it often just comes down to "different strokes," and is generally a game of expectations mixed with a person's past experiences. I just wonder what WOULD get you to feel the way 95% of the people in this community and online feel about this show because holy cow, I thought it was absolutely perfect.
That's actually a very good question, what WOULD get me to reach that extra level of hype....

After all we've got a product here that respects its fans and the wrestlers it employs, keeps delivering on recruiting big names while developing plenty of their own stars.
I think I'm kinda waiting to see which wrestlers really step up to that next level, I'm not gonna ask for a full on boom period with the next Rock and Austin but I am waiting on seeing the characters that are gonna have me truly needing to invest each and every week.
It's actually kinda startling when I consider that there's plenty of promising wrestlers who weren't on the card, like there was a brief promo segment from Black that did a lot to have me like "oh I should catch that match against Dustin", which reminds me how much characters mean to my own experience.
So yeah, character work I'm thinking, there's no shortage of solid hands when it comes to in ring skills so now I'm interested on seeing the next generation of mic masters and strong gimmicks/characters.
Which of course takes time, I see a number of people on the roster who could deliver on this regard.

But if we're thinking a specific signing, I'd lose my shit if somehow Bayley escaped the WWE universe™, in general WWE have a lot of great women wrestlers stuck in purgatory that unfortunately aren't currently in positions to be making those jumps.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
It's nuts, basically every discord or other place I talk wrestling is incredibly upbeat and fun and positive today.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
The aew game should have DLC for non AEW stars. Impact, AAA and NJPW on a revenue split.

There's tons of cash to be made there

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017

I think Mox vs. Nagata was the thing that really did it for Bryan. I don't know how much freedom Vince would have given him. It might just have been a New Japan Jericho thing where he wrestles two or three matches a year, but now he might get to do the G1 or hold a New Japan title.

Whatever the case may be, I'm ready to see Bryan vs. Hiromu.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
One of the things I noticed is that the Wight/QT thing is maybe the type of stuff that people would rag on WWE for (an old timer comes out to squash a cocky heel) but those types of matches and segments actually have their place when a card/PPV is well booked. On a WWE show that kind of thing stands out because they have so little else.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
One of the things I noticed is that the Wight/QT thing is maybe the type of stuff that people would rag on WWE for (an old timer comes out to squash a cocky heel) but those types of matches and segments actually have their place when a card/PPV is well booked. On a WWE show that kind of thing stands out because they have so little else.
It was the cool down match for a reason.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017

It gave some much needed breathing room last night. I could finally sit back and relax for 10 minutes.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
The difference is look at how big show was booked even in the latter years of a WWE, still coming out and squashing up and coming talent.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Cody has been stuck in a filler episode for this entire year but I really want him involved in this Elite storyline too eventually, his complete departure from everything to do with the Elite has been weird, also him and Cole have great chemistry in the ring together so I'd love to see them wrestle again
Cody and The Bucks have beef now irl apparently. :(

Broke my heart when I found it, Rhodes seemed to confirm it in his fake retirement speech too.

Toli08

Oct 27, 2017
In WWE it would of been the main event and the Big Show would be the world champion right now.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Stone Cold's podcast is on the weekend network right? It's a shame cause I listen to his classic episodes on Spotify and based on what he felt about wrestling back in those years he probably loves what's happening over in AEW and I wish I could hear him talk about it freely.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Stone Cold's podcast is on the weekend network right? It's a shame cause I listen to his classic episodes on Spotify and based on what he felt about wrestling back in those years he probably loves what's happening over in AEW and I wish I could hear him talk about it freely.

In years to come, his podcast with Jericho will be seen as a stupid mistake by Vince like the mistake of saying that Mankind would win the WWF championship. He must have never thought that AEW would actually become relevant enough to be a threat (If he still doesn't think about it that way, he will)

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
Cody and The Bucks have beef now irl apparently. :(

Broke my heart when I found it, Rhodes seemed to confirm it in his fake retirement speech too.
Cody said this about it

"Well, when I heard that story was floating around, it is one of the things I chopped up as we've been very successful, AEW, and with NXT losing the Wednesday Night Wars, that created a lot of anger," Rhodes pointed out. And I understand there's a lot of hardcore NXT and WWE fans out there, and that's why those stories stories like that don't surprise me. I think people need to cling to something, and as sexy as that story is, I talk to Matt and Nick everyday.

and the Bucks made a new bio making fun of it, Cody including that in his promo was just to make his retirement seem more real imo. But who knows obviously they're not gonna come out and say yeah we're falling apart

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
If anybody is looking for a good wrestling podcast let me suggest Post Wrestling. John Pollock and Wai Ting are pros and are a treasure.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cody said this about it

"Well, when I heard that story was floating around, it is one of the things I chopped up as we've been very successful, AEW, and with NXT losing the Wednesday Night Wars, that created a lot of anger," Rhodes pointed out. And I understand there's a lot of hardcore NXT and WWE fans out there, and that's why those stories stories like that don't surprise me. I think people need to cling to something, and as sexy as that story is, I talk to Matt and Nick everyday.

and the Bucks made a new bio making fun of it, Cody including that in his promo was just to make his retirement seem more real imo. But who knows obviously they're not gonna come out and say yeah we're falling apart
It's all a work. After Cody's done filming Go Big Show or whatever and wraps up his feud with Black, he's going to team up with Hangman against The Elite for a few weeks citing this apparent shoot beef as his reason for doing so, only to turn on Page at a critical juncture and join The Elite, revealing it was all a ruse and formally making the storyline that Hangman has to run through ALL his old Elite buddies (save Marty for obvious reasons) to get to Kenny.

Last edited:

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's all a work. After Cody's done filming Go Big Show or whatever and wraps up his feud with Black, he's going to team up with Hangman against The Elite for a few weeks citing this apparent shoot beef as his reason for doing show, only to turn on Page at a critical juncture and join The Elite, revealing it was all a ruse and formally making the storyline that Hangman has to run through ALL his old Elite buddies (save Marty for obvious reasons) to get to Kenny.
ooo i like that

Ivol

Dec 12, 2017
So I went to Cinemark in Universal Studios (my first time watching a PPV in theaters) and my god what a horrible experience. The feed was 10 minutes behind and the image looked awful but by the end of the cage match the broadcast started outright cutting and going to color bars non stop. At the Kenny Omega entrance I just said 'fuck this' and went to ask for a refund. Didn't have to say anything because there was already a dad with two kids FUMING in front of an employee. The place was packed but I'm pretty sure everybody asked for refunds.

The idea of watching wrestling in theaters is actually pretty great but my god don't know who fucked up but if this is how it is I'll just watch at home.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone wondering which BTE segment Cutler was alluding to in his tweet, it's the cage match part at the end.

And it really is beautifully done.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
It's all a work. After Cody's done filming Go Big Show or whatever and wraps up his feud with Black, he's going to team up with Hangman against The Elite for a few weeks citing this apparent shoot beef as his reason for doing so, only to turn on Page at a critical juncture and join The Elite, revealing it was all a ruse and formally making the storyline that Hangman has to run through ALL his old Elite buddies (save Marty for obvious reasons) to get to Kenny.
And Tanahashi will aid him.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Cincinnati a good crowd? I feel like they are gonna be another Milwaukee.