• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will it be...

• The Final Countdown

Votes: 78 47.9%
  • Flight of the Valkyries

Votes: 85 52.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Considering what Vince is about to do to NXT, I wouldn't be that surprised to see Trips as the next guy to jump over.
HHH is a different situation because he's not just a talent there, he's part of upper management and part of the McMahon family, he's got loads of stock in WWE. I don't see him going somewhere he isn't in charge of like he was in charge of NXT for 8 years and basically got to do his own promotion til Dynamite started and NXT got cannibalized for ammo.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
So I watched the show with my son and his best friend (they're 13). My son is a complete AEW fan and the other kid is a WWE fan. At the end of the show the first thing my son's friend did was hop on to Twitter and started following a bunch of AEW wrestlers. He said he was now a fan and that this was the greatest wrestling show he'd ever seen. This topped DoN 2019 for me and this was the best show they've ever done and probably the best PPV I've ever seen (and I've been watching wrestling since I was 5 yrs old).

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Just listened to the clip on F4W and Alvarez said both Punk and Bryan cited Brodie as a reason for coming to AEW. I said it after the tribute show: they've gained a ton of good will within the industry by giving Brodie a platform to shine and by giving him the respect he deserved both before and after his passing.

There's a sense of humanity and dignity that AEW has brought to the business that has been nonexistent for…. well, I don't know if it ever really existed until now. (at least not in a major promotion in the States) TK absolutely deserves credit for that, but this is Brodie's legacy and we're watching it play out in real time. He inspired shows like the one we got last night. Thank you, Brodie. 💜

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
HHH leaving WWE and buying NWA or something wouldn't shock me. He went from being the heir to the throne to jobbing to Bruce Pritchard lol

what I would love is a HHH vs Punk rematch with Punk getting is win back. There's such a good story to tell there.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Wednesday yet?

sUrUjGS3xkMXDmiYbRQuUKiDFrM=.gif

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Friend lent me his BR credentials to watch but the rewatch isn't available until Monday, something that was buried and hard to find on the BR site. What wasn't buried, and what was on the main page the moment you go to BR, were four HUGE spoilers. Am I the asshole for thinking you shouldn't have that front and center if your website is the portal people have to go through to watch the program?

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, why are y'all talking about HHH leaving WWE? Isn't he in line to take the company with Stephanie?

Anywho, I really enjoyed Britt Baker's match last night. The PPV overall was really, really good.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
so hear me out

Cena is on a clear path to bigger things, hell he has been for a while but now it's finally sticking properly

but it's clear Cena still cares about his image and his fans

would he ever go AEW?

I think the only thing that would stop him is the "loyalty" in "HLR".

Otherwise, I'm pretty sure he's watching and would do it. I would certainly love the heat that would create.

Sounds funny, but honestly I'm pretty sure I watched a lot of small parts of WWE in ring storytelling last night. In Punk match too even. And that's not a bad thing, it's easy to forget that WWE had (and sometimes, still has) pretty good matches and there's a lot of talent in both wrestlers and producers that either gets overshadow or wasted.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Cena would only wrestle in AEW if Vince allowed it. The man is loyal above everything else.

it would be super fun to have him wrestle Omega that's for sure.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Goddamn it was beautiful. I almost had tears when Penta started crying after they won. What a fucking match. My MOTY along with Takagi's IWGP bouts. The "surprises" were well-done. Maybe a bit predictable to some, but that shit was hype, Danielson beating up Nick Jackson told everything that needed to be said.

Just all around strong show. AEW does everything in their power to be the promotion that is welcoming, exciting to watch and interesting. They hire long established, incredibly talented wrestlers who finally have a chance to show what are they capable of and being paid what they deserve at the same time. They give time to shine to the younger talent. They build bridges with other promotions. This is the way things should be.

Maybe it's time for Vinnie Mac to finally rethink his attitude towards talent and fans? Part-time grandpas aren't going to give you a boost forever while your remaining talent sees genuinely happy faces of their former co-workers in other places.

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that WWE was actually willing to let Bryan work with outside promotions tells you all you need to know.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Kenny reminds me of a less camp Flair

he loves the spot and spectacle build so much, and now that big names are gathering, he's gonna sell harder and harder

and he'll float in and out of face/heel without really needing to change gimmick

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Remember that if Vince had allowed Jericho to bring NXT talent to his cruise we might now have gotten this PPV!

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
And finished.

Punk/Darby didn't disappoint, and Kenny/Christian was fantastic. Danielson arrived exactly as expected (minus Final Countdown 😞), but Cole was a real surprise that it happened when it did. Loved how happy Cole and Ruby looked just to be there.

Just awesome. AEW never fail with their PPVs.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot my biggest pop. Minoru fucking Suzuki on AEW with a packed Chicago crowd singing Kaze Ni Nare!

Last edited:

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It will be depressing to see a regular raw after this PPV

ClassAndFear

Oct 30, 2017
That was my favourite PPV of all time, I think. And the tag cage match might be the best match I've seen in a few years. It was incredible, start to finish.

And I think I'm finally done with WWE. I'll likely tune in for the Rumble (it was always my favourite as a kid, obvs), and maybe a few Mania matches if they're meant to be worthwhile. But otherwise? Yeah, done.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
HHH is a different situation because he's not just a talent there, he's part of upper management and part of the McMahon family, he's got loads of stock in WWE. I don't see him going somewhere he isn't in charge of like he was in charge of NXT for 8 years and basically got to do his own promotion til Dynamite started and NXT got cannibalized for ammo.
I was mostly joking.
That said, I wouldn't put the possibility at 0.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Was just scrolling through YouTube and saw the usual Wrestletalk podcast poll on what their fans thought of the last show and damn, that's easily the most one sided result I have ever seen from them.
w8gsLxQ.png

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
Just leaving for the drive home now and I still can't believe yesterday happened. I'll be watching the broadcast version tonight for sure. Still just giddy.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
MOTN was Bucks/Lucha Bros. Was a great match in isolation, but it was also elevated hugely by the emotion at the end and just how fucked up they looked. It really sold the occasion and made it look like the war it was.

I think we can now safely induct the Bucks/Lucha Bros rivalry into the Tag Hall of Fame now right?

This was one of those PPVs where every match was fantastic. Everyone delivered. I wasn't a fan of the rumble much, but it was worth it for the Ruby and Rosa face off.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
This is true in MMA as well, but I will never not love bloody fighters/wrestlers hugging their very small children after fights. Penta's kids seemed cool with it

The fact that WWE was actually willing to let Bryan work with outside promotions tells you all you need to know.
Johnny Ace is WWEs talent relation head, and he's Bryan's father in Law (he's married to Brie Bella's mom). Bryan would have more leeway to get things like that, and it sounds like WWE really wanted to keep him

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
It will be depressing to see a regular raw after this PPV
But you get to see the only real shooter in the game: Nia Jax.

I caught up on the matches I missed live. Absolutely amazing PPV from top to bottom. Every match had something to offer. The cage match was easily the best, what an incredible level of craftsmanship from everyone involved. I'll always cringe at any tack spot though, yikes.

Also I feel sorry for whoever is making the AEW game. "We have to add WHO???". They ironically have the opposite problem of whoever makes the WWE games.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
I've been admittedly very harsh on TK in the past and wasn't sold on him 100% but goddamn was I wrong…dude is the exact shot of everything this industry and fans needed. Bravo to him…simply bravo.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I have to reiterate I'm just si happy Punk, Danielson and especially Adam Cole are going to be on shows I actually want to watch.

#FreeShayna

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Finn Balor to AEW when?
I think it's safe to say that many of these guys are just sitting out their contract at this point, some probably pissed at themselves for not jumping earlier when they had the chance. (to be fair to them, WWE was handing out raises like nobody's business)