• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will it be...

• The Final Countdown

Votes: 78 47.9%
  • Flight of the Valkyries

Votes: 85 52.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
unknown.png
Best wrestling couple ever.

Ever.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
They didn't lose anything because they weren't doing jack shit with them. These are 2 guys who want to perform their craft more than be a puzzle piece in a madman's absurd jigsaw circus. It's the best for everyone

They were absolutely doing stuff with the both of them. Were they used to their fullest potential? Absolutely not. But to say that Adam Cole and Daniel Bryan weren't having "jack shit done with them" is just false.

Then fired like half the roster.

Other super talented people too. I honestly don't know what the fuck this company is doing. They don't seem to realize that was Austin/Rock, Cena/Orton, it's fucking Reigns and who? It's just a guy dominating all the best contenders until the part timer decides that there's enough zeros to get off the couch.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Every match delivered what it was supposed to. You can't even really fault the Paul White / QT match cause it served its purpose as the cool down match.

All WWE had to do was not treat people like shit. That was all.

I'm so excited to get to see some of my favorites *enjoy* wrestling again in all new fresh matchups.

Danielson was given a relatively long leash in WWE and did some amazing things, don't get me wrong. I don't doubt he enjoyed his time there on balance, but I'm so glad he got out. He has been one of my favorites for a long time, and I just can't watch WWE anymore. I haven't been able to enjoy that shit since they went back to Saudi Arabia.

I get to enjoy Danielson again. I hope he drops some of the high flying stuff and goes full on American Dragon ROH style in the ring. AEW will let him be a guy that does dozens of different submissions again too I'd expect. That stuff was golden back in the day, and as good as his best work in WWE was, it's time for him to bring back that hard hitting grappling heavy style if you ask me.

It's almost as if placing money and profits before the desires of fans, the health and wellness of talent while considering everyone not named nor related to Roman Reigns expendable has consequences.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They lost Adam Cole because they wouldn't let him have a Twitch channel and they lost Bryan because they wouldn't let him wrestle overseas.

Such small things that would've kept two phenomenal talents and they just went "naw, fuck it, we have enough over here".
They are just out of touch and don't understand what their audience wants and especially what their wrestlers want.
This isn't the 70s and 80s where we have so many wrestlers who just want ot make money, we have wrestlers who love the art
of wrestling as well as stuff like doing twitch etc.
It's not hard to see why people wanna go to AEW if they can work with AAA, Impact, GCW, PWG and NJPW. Can do other shit next to Wrestling,
have a lighter schedule and be involved in the creative process.

Silex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing as all I know about Adam Cole is he's Britt's boyfriend, what is this whole "dead" thing surrounding him? I know nothing about this dude.
Without having to get too deep in the weeds, the Young Bucks have a Youtube show called Being the Elite that has/had its own narrative in which they had 'killed off' Adam Cole as a character when he moved to WWE.

OwensboroEsq

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any podcasts or wrestling shows that are going to do a postgame show? Or even a media scrum or whatever? I need more! (and I have one beer left).

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
After not watching wrestling in like 4 years, I started watching AEW this past week after binging the available episodes on Hulu. Between those episodes and this PPV, I wish I had picked up on AEW sooner.

This just feels so good. The consistent quality just feels so rewarding.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
I don't need to know much about Cole to be on board. I'm just so happy for Britt. 🥰

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
They were absolutely doing stuff with the both of them. Were they used to their fullest potential? Absolutely not. But to say that Adam Cole and Daniel Bryan weren't having "jack shit done with them" is just false.

If they were being used to even half of their potential they wouldn't be in AEW. These are company guys who just want to do good work and not rock the boat. Cole was stuck in a go nowhere sub-brand, and they COMPLETELY wasted Danielson's comeback story.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
That was f'ing terrific.

EVERYTHING just clicked tonight. Tonight had absurd expectations and they were unanimously exceeded, sometimes by ludicrous amounts.

Lucha Bros/Young Bucks might be favorite match ever in AEW.

Just mannn. That was fun.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
If they were being used to even half of their potential they wouldn't be in AEW. These are company guys who just want to do good work and not rock the boat. Cole was stuck in a go nowhere sub-brand, and they COMPLETELY wasted Danielson's comeback story.

And they STILL would've stayed for a Twitch channel and some New Japan matches.

OP
OP
Rivenblade

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Damn it. BR Live will only have the replay up as of Monday, and no alternative means seem to be available to watch the show.

EDIT: N/M.

Stone Cold

Oct 27, 2017
Man, it's easy to forget how huge wrestling was in the 90s; but then you see shit like that Georgia dome gif of Monday Nitro

Oct 27, 2017
I like how Bryan raised his arms almost to do the yes bit but then was like "oh wait wwe will say they have this trademarked or something" lol

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
That was a fantastic PPV.

Lucha Bros vs Young Bucks MOTN without a question, but there was no bad match. Some were fine, but that's ok, not every match has to be the GOAT, and that way it makes the pacing of the event better. It still felt a bit too long, but it was so good that I don't mind. Worth every penny.

I'm very happy that Dynamite is going live in LatinAmerica, just in time to see the biggest star in wrestling, Bryan Danielson, in action.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
Wonderful event, almost every match ruled, the ones that didn't rule were still good-to-great, and the ending was perfect.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
In before the "is AEW TOO stacked?" comments. They have literally everyone I could ever dream of and a lot of new talent that I'm excited to see bring in another generation of professional wrestling. AEW is it, man. After tonight, if I'm a WWE exec, I am worried.

That depth is potentially an incredible advantage for them, even with just 3 hours of TV time. They just put on this banger of a PPV and meanwhile Hangman was nowhere to be found, Moxley is off doing dream matches, Cody is MIA, and Malachi Black and Andrade weren't even on the show. Its going to actually allow them to give guys time off, cycle wrestlers in and out and keep things fresh.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I just need TK to go save Keith Lee when he's inevitably dropped and put him into a feud with Miro then I'm golden.

I'm noticing the WWE fanboys are real quiet right now.