• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GolazoDan

Oct 25, 2017
Not super excited going into tonight but AEW PPVs have delivered so far (including the first COVID era one!) so I'm optimistic for how things will turn out. There's a lot of wacky gimmicks on the card but I'm hoping the tag title match and the women's title match deliver in the more conventional "good wrestling" sense because the talent's there.

The tag title match seems like one of those situations where Hangman might fuck up and cost his team the titles but they don't go full force on a heel turn, then build to a rematch on TV where the (V?) trigger gets pulled. It wouldn't shock me if the FTR/Page thing was a red herring. I'm amazed they've managed to reheat this whole Elite thing up so long after Revolution and twisting it in a different direction.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
With the Buy In, All Out 2019 was around or past 5hrs. I recall getting back to my car around 11:30 and I left right as Jericho won.
All Out 2019 "official" runtime was 3 hours and 53/54 minutes. Buy-in was an hour on the dot. So yeah, just short of 5 hours if you include the buy-in.

The walk from your seat to your car is always a fugue where time loses all meaning.

I think it's fine for their biggest show of the year to go longer than usual

Unfortunately, they have a hard limit of four hours. Just part of their contract with PPV. So far in their other PPVs, AEW has programmed everything to be ~3.5 hours, leaving 30 minutes for if any matches go over time. Which they do pretty often. All but guaranteed they'll be doing to same for tonight.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I just bought, gotta love VPN and using FITE for $20. I can't watch it live with you all sadly, but I'll be watching it tomorrow.
You can get it for $20? Scuse me

EDIT - Do you have to watch with a VPN? Or just buy it with VPN?

Last edited:

Hutty211

Oct 29, 2017
Question for the US VPN people, is it possible to buy on Fite through VPN then watch on the Fite app on Apple TV or other device? If so, anyone have a VPN recommendation?

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
You can get it for $20? Scuse me

EDIT - Do you have to watch with a VPN? Or just buy it with VPN?

You do have to watch it with the VPN. As soon as you go back to the states the PPV won't appear since it's only available on FITE outside the US I believe.

I use NordVPN, you could do a trial and see if you like it.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
fbl59566y6l51.png
This is very good but seeing as there's a battle royale on the show it needs a square for people raging at Billy Gunn.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Another Buy-In match added! Joey Janela vs. Serpentico!

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
The platform that Hardy was standing on looking down at Sammy during the PiP segment this week.....that's what Sammy's getting thrown off tonight right?

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Would something like this work for MJF vs Mox?

MJF conducts the match exactly as he says he would - keeping Moxley in the ring and trying to outwrestle him. During the match MJF displays extremely surprising technical wrestling prowess, catching Mox off-guard and seemingly outwrestling him at multiple points. However, somewhere along the the way MJF lets his temper and impulsiveness get the better of him. He starts leaning into the same violent streak he exhibited at the end of the last Dynamite and despite hurting Moxley in the beginning, he unwittingly does the exact thing he boasted he was too smart to do, he lets the match turn into a street fight, where Moxley reigns supreme. MJF pays the price as Mox regroups and turns the tables hard. MJF ends up losing the match in a very painful fashion.

Would this work? Is it too much for MJF to "outwrestle" Mox? Commentary team could sell it as Mox severely underestimating MJF's prowess to explain that away.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
Would something like this work for MJF vs Mox?

MJF conducts the match exactly as he says he would - keeping Moxley in the ring and trying to outwrestle him. During the match MJF displays extremely surprising technical wrestling prowess, catching Mox off-guard and seemingly outwrestling him at multiple points. However, somewhere along the the way MJF lets his temper and impulsiveness get the better of him. He starts leaning into the same violent streak he exhibited at the end of the last Dynamite and despite hurting Moxley in the beginning, he unwittingly does the exact thing he boasted he was too smart to do, he lets the match turn into a street fight, where Moxley reigns supreme. MJF pays the price as Mox regroups and turns the tables hard. MJF ends up losing the match in a very painful fashion.

Would this work? Is it too much for MJF to "outwrestle" Mox? Commentary team could sell it as Mox severely underestimating MJF's prowess to explain that away.

Totally could see it play out along those lines.

I think one way or another, they show that MJF is extremely capable, but he's going to bring himself down in some way and so Moxley will escape with the belt by the skin of his teeth. I see them putting over MJF big time tonight, whether or not he wins.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
I am really liking this red carpet! definitely makes it feel like a huge occassion.

I also hope JR doesn't fuck things up like the last dynamite.

Mr Bungle

Dec 11, 2017
Does anybody ever order these PPVs with a VPN? I've never done it that way but I'd like to see this. Do you need to have the VPN always active during the show or only when you place the order? And can you still watch it on tv with one of the apps or are you stuck to a web site?
I use proton vpn - free version on my iPad. Connect to vpn and order/watch the show on my iPad which is then Airplayed to the TV since I use an AppleTV. Easy to do.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
In the best way I still can't get over watching nationally televised NBA playoffs and hearing " Jon Moxley defends his AEW title against MJF.."

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
This Countdown is really good (as usual). Also reslly shows you how well they have built some of these bigger feuds

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Seriously it really is incredible how Jericho can be in a feud with someone and build them up even just through his promos and it feels organic, natural even when as he barely talks up himself. The instincts on this guy, the lack of ego

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Bought the PPV. Probably won't be able to catch any of the pre show stuff live though. I'm also tired af and may not be able to watch the entire main card live depending on how long it goes.

But whatever. Every one of AEW's PPVs have been great and I'll gladly pay for them.

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Man I really want Thunder Rosa to win and then they announce a true partnership with NWA.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
Damn this build up for Thunder Rosa. I hope they continue to work together after this. Companies working together is great.

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
I hope Thunder Rosa isn't a one off. A star with great promo skills.

Does Dasha do spanish commentary?

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
It sucks I won't be home from work until like 9EST but I'm still pumped for tonight. I can start it whenever on FITE which is nice. I'll just have to go dark on here starting at 7 to avoid spoilers.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
for real though, thunder rosa is getting a better build for this fight than shida. she definitely isn't being positioned just as a good opponent for the champion. she's being framed as a future aew star.

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Man these Road To's are on another level of other Wrestling Promotions in hype machines. Every single one of them have been fantastic.