• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What’s the right spelling

• Aerith

Votes: 839 57.5%
  • Aeris

Votes: 620 42.5%

• Total voters

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What spelling is the right way? I go with Aerith because Aeris was a mistranslation

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Aeris is like "Heiress" and sounds fancy; Aerith sounds like someone's got a lisp.

Hashtag Team Aeris 4ever

Aug 27, 2018
I've been saying Aeris since I was little and I'm not changing now! Also is "may-ko" not "ma-ko" I don't care what they say in the new trailers.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Aerith is definitely correct, but Aeris is a really pretty name so I prefer it personally

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's pretty obvious, with all of the FFVII media we've had since the original game came out that there is only one answer at the point, and it's consistently Aerith.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
It's been so long since the original FF7 that Aerith has now been spoken enough and been around long enough in my life that Aerith is correct. When ff7 released in the states I was all about Aeris.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aeris sounds way better than Aerith.

Aeris carries a feminine tone to it, rolls in the mouth when saying it.

Aerith sounds like Aeris played D&D and only found that name for her character due to a lack of imagination, thinking that putting 'th' at the end sounds more 'medieval'. :lol

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Aerith, I even called her that when I originally played the game when it came out. Really annoyed my friend.

Raskol

Sep 5, 2018
Aeris should be official considering the Japanese pronunciation sounds more similar to it than Aerith. I will always hate hearing Aerith and I'm certain this will be the biggest drawback of FF7R for me.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
im from the US and played the US version. it was spelled "Aeris" in that version, so thats her name to me.

Eppcetera

Mar 3, 2018
It's Aeris. I'm not sure why Square Enix has been spelling it wrong ever since Kingdom Hearts came out.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
One sounds terrible to say out loud. The other is the name we* grew up with and sounds lovely to say. Aeris forever.

*Filthy Americans

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's been Aerith for 18 years and anyone who says otherwise needs to get over it.

(Man I can't belive Kingdom Hearts is almost 18 years old.)

Deleted member 49438

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
If you think Aerith sounds like it's pronounced with a lisp then you're just being disrespectful to people with speech impediments. In the remake they've updated it to Aerith so that's pretty obviously the correct name. It also sounds better than Aeris imo.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Aeris, because I'm from fucking America.
jim25.jpg