• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
People like Meat Loaf and President Trump and Brazil's Bolsonaro and Putin are trying to make this teen look bad and I find that really gross honestly.

Conservatives love to say climate science is wrong and is a ploy by liberals to get new businesses. They say carbon taxes are corruption to hurt the rich and give it to lazy Democrats who misuse the money they get from this stuff. That they want useless fees on your plane ticket to offset the carbon etc...

Ignoring that their entire argument here is self serving and really is projection as they try to hide facts because the lack of regulation actually is letting them skim money from destroying regions and resource centers as long as they can manage to keep people from changing what corporations do to their neighbors...

Anyway, congrats to a better person than any Republican trash who all prop up racism and bigotry at minimum. She really is a great Person of the Year and has more impact than the impotent leadership in the White House.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
oh yeah, its honestly pathetic. She is a child, fight with someone on even grounds if you are going to talk about this after.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They don't want anyone messing with the fat stacks that they get from exploiting the planet.

HaL64

Nov 3, 2017
oh yeah, its honestly pathetic. She is a child, fight with someone on even grounds if you are going to talk about this after.

Ok, so, in 1 year?

She is 17. She is not a child, but certainly looks like one.

This is hate and bullying which is just a product of their inadequacies and fear.

Oct 30, 2017
-People have a fetish for those in power. She criticizes them so ordinary people take offense.
-She's a young girl. Young women who speak out tend to not be liked.
-Environmentalism is still seen as a cause for "pussy ass Libs"
-Anti-Semitic conspiracies with her and Soros

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
Ok, so, in 1 year?

She is 17. She is not a child, but certainly looks like one.

This is hate and bullying which is just a product of their inadequacies and fear.
I'd still consider that a kid, but either way. They should be fighting other law makers and not a teen if they have issues with what she said.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
-People have a fetish for those in power. She criticizes them so ordinary people take offense.
-She's a young girl. Young women who speak out tend to not be liked.
-Environmentalism is still seen as a cause for "pussy ass Libs"
-Anti-Semitic conspiracies with her and Soros
Which some of this just boggles my mind how is not wanting where you live to not be a shithole seen as a negative and then the whole conspiracy seems like something just grasping at straws

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
People like Meat Loaf...

I was not expecting that to be a name I saw in this thread.

The thing that is getting me the most is I have had multiple right wing friends posting on facebook about how terrible the fires in Australia are. But, that are vehement climate change deniers. Like, I just don't understand how you aren't at least sitting there wondering "could I possibly be wrong?" as you are blown away by pictures of the world burning down.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
R's/Conservatives are just *always* Trash. She's a real easy barometer for finding out if someone is absolutely worthless or not.

Oct 30, 2017
Which some of this just boggles my mind how is not wanting where you live to not be a shithole seen as a negative and then the whole conspiracy seems like something just grasping at straws
The mere existence of climate change invalidates the entire ideology of "Laissez Faire" economics.
It's a belief that says if two parties consent to a business agreement, then the government should not intervene as everyone involved is a willing participant and no harm is being done.
Except in reality, the externalities of our energy consumption threatens us all. And it's going to take systemic change to mitigate/reverse these damages.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017

They accuse liberals of intentionally using kids as activists to hide from criticism lol.

...... because that's what they would do. Wasn't there some crazy Trumpist youtuber? Not to mention the ridiculous MAGA kid rappers.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Conservatives either think global warming is a lie due to their insistence that the world will end the way it's written in their bibles, or they don't care if it's really happening or not because they feel they'll be dead by the time anything happens anyways and they feel being eco-friendly would cost them money. So basically, people who are conservatives because of social reasons don't believe in global warming and those who fiscally conservative don't care what happens.

Either way, they have their own self-absorbed reasons to talk shit about the issue, and who else to target but a child from a different country with a learning disability. They feel they can win the 'debate' on global warming by simply out-debating her, when they know damn well they wouldn't last going against an adult who has spent years of their lives studying the effects of global warming. She's an easy target for them and they seemingly have no shame.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
They often say that she doesn't know how the real world works. My questions to that response is, why do we have to keep functioning on this system that destroys our environments? It's inefficient and is doing irreparable harm to our planet. Does it need someone who "understand" how these systems work in order to criticize it?

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
People who claim to be religious elected an openly racist bigoted man. Funny enough we're talking about the same trash.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
They often say that she doesn't know how the real world works. My questions to that response is, why do we have to keep functioning on this system that destroys our environments? It's inefficient and is doing irreparable harm to our planet. Does it need someone who "understand" how these systems work in order to criticize it?
and the gag is that the "real world" is literally what every humanity as a collective decides it to be. we could all literally say tinfoil shit is a commodity and thats now our new form of currency. Same with all these changes to energy we just all have to decide that hey no more oil going forward and just change to alt sources. its ridiculous to me people say we cant pay for X Y Z when our entire societies are based on all these accepted ways of doing things we agreed on.

Freestyler

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Trolling over a series of posts
Something about her annoys the shit out of me. I understand and appreciate her message and her intentions, but she needs to change how she goes about it.

Nobody likes being lectured by a child.

AaronD

Dec 1, 2017
Boomers hate anything that gets on the way of their God given right to be selfish.

Deleted member 20941

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean people go after vegans for the same reason even in progressive places. People will go the intellectual dishonest extra mile to feel good about themselves and their habits. Even with scientific proof.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
It painfully exposes how insecure, ignorant and scared so many people (mostly men) are. Then there are the men who just rather earn a dollar than be a decent person.

My brother in law, who is dumber than a dead potato, thinks she is a scary freak.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No one likes being told that the things they're doing is a problem. It's easier to double down than change

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Work with a co-worker who hates her. Not really sure why. He denies climate change. He isn't even close to rich or wealthy. Maybe middle class. Its not like he has a stake in oil.

But he hates her. Like he has a daughter the same age too.

Don't even get it.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
lighten up sweetheart. im not spending time attacking her or honestly even care about how they're using her to get the message out.

Soros?

You're aware that theres probably thousands of teenagers if not more, on Youtube/Social media all with the same message/passion/fear?

I mean, they have meetings.

This is the same shit those Parkland kids went through.

Its a sad take home. Subject considered and all... Who is benefiting from this? A prop for what?

chaostrophy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Something about her annoys the shit out of me. I understand and appreciate her message and her intentions, but she needs to change how she goes about it.

Nobody likes being lectured by a child.

She's not lecturing you or me. She's lecturing the power elites of the world. Do you think being nicer to them would work, or what?

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I don't really get it. I know this person on FB that appears liberal, loves biking/hiking/nature, kind of a free spirit and is generally pretty smart. But she vehemently denies climate change, and trashes Greta constantly, even pulling out sexist "hysterical" attacks. It shouldn't be a surprise, she also supports Trump, but it just seems so conflicting for someone who genuinely appreciates nature.

Also, Greta's a kid. Fuck off, she's doing soooo much more than you (those adults) ever did at that age. It's impressive as fuck.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
People don't like being lectured by a child? Is that what I'm hearing not only in Twitter but in this very thread?

Then maybe don't do completely stupid things that would make even teens and children criticize you.

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's kind of like white fragility but in an environmental / economic context. Class fragility?

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
lighten up sweetheart. im not spending time attacking her or honestly even care about how they're using her to get the message out.

Sweetheart? Interesting choice of words.

I know this person on FB that appears liberal, loves biking/hiking/nature, kind of a free spirit and is generally pretty smart. But she vehemently denies climate change, and trashes Greta constantly, even pulling out sexist "hysterical" attacks.

So she's not smart. And not liberal.

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
She can't even be talked about without some fucking clown (or two of them!) appearing from out of nowhere to show their ass.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Even to climate change skeptics, I loved this comic:

What-If-Its-A-Hoax-56a74f4c5f9b58b7d0e8f300.jpg

I'm not sure what's to gain to the majority who bash climate change activists and efforts... why???