• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
It's gonna feel really different to have a protagonist with such a different kind of design. Just look at his armor!

wgLSE6G.jpg

KJkVlpd.jpg

FtZPLsN.jpg

vniBCtb.jpg

RcSHzkU.jpg

Look at his sword here, such a cool design too

o4pyM3V.jpg

He looks like a more dapper version of Guts in Berserk

kv_pc.jpg

source.gif

source.gif

What do you think?

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like this guy honestly:

Castlevania_Lords_of_Shadow.png

similar color scheme and all! Not feeling Clive so far but I'll enjoy it seeing who's making the game.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He looks like a Devil May Cry character to me. Not sure if I dig it but I've never been a fan of modern FF so my opinion doesn't count for much here.

Neutra

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
initial reveal -- which all images in OP are from -- left me pretty whelmed. gonna need to see more before i can get onboard.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm reminds me of Velvet from Berseria, almost exactly.

Same. Both in terms of design and backstory (so far) he seems like a higher budget but less interesting version of Velvet. Velvet's awesome though so even an inferior copy still has potential to be a good protagonist.

OP
OP
Dreamboum

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
TOB_EVT_20160208_11.png

Outside of the red and black version, it thankfully doesn't remind me of Velvet from Berseria. She looks like she fell off a cliff and never bothered to get new clothes

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, my biggest issue with FFXVI is the concept art is so amazing but the actual game just does not translate it very well.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do people say he looks like geralt or the game itself looks like a Witcher clone? Just because he uses a sword and is seen throwing fireballs one part in trailer. He does looks rough I'll say that lol.

FaffEra

Chicken Chaser
Nov 8, 2017
UK
Looks like an edgier version of the dragon age 2 protagonist.
Definitely see the lords of Shadow comparisons though lol

Oct 31, 2017
We still have a lot to see from XVI but if I'm going to be honest about my initial impressions the game seems very derivative of XIV and it seems like it's aiming to be a very "safe" game and I hope I'm wrong

plz note that these are just initial impressions and I know that this could completely change

I just cannot express enough how unimpressed I was with that first trailer

I also ROLLED my eyes at the "I'll kill you if it's the last thing I do" line

DiceyRobot

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like this guy honestly:

Castlevania_Lords_of_Shadow.png

similar color scheme and all! Not feeling Clive so far but I'll enjoy it seeing who's making the game.
Haha, thought the same thing. Not just the design, but they even have the same hunched-over, top-heavy stance, lol.

It's a pretty generic design, but it's still effective at looking badass.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
We still have a lot to see from XVI but if I'm going to be honest about my initial impressions the game seems very derivative of XIV and it seems like it's aiming to be a very "safe" game and I hope I'm wrong

It's honestly even more safe than FFXIV. FFXIV has you piloting giant mechs, steampunk mechs, futuristic mechs, huge colorful zones, pixies, etc.

Of course things can change as we see more of this game.

Seregil

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely reminds me of a mix of Gabriel from Castlevania and Hawke from Dragon Age.

Oct 28, 2017
It speaks to my edgy sensibility as a 16 year old. So I like it, nothing wrong with a little bit of edgyness. Don't agree that the design is anything special tough.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
And that's pretty much why I'm liking him. Between that and his Resident Evil-ass name, "Clive Rosfield" really is giving off of a definite Capcom aesthetic for a SE char, which I actually find quite enthralling.
I really like that descriptor lol. Dude is very Capcom