• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
I switched to Co-op to beat the final boss in Dark Souls 3.
The fact that you made it all the way to the final boss is a feat; there is no shame in this at all. I had to do it for a couple of bosses in various Souls games. The one that stomped me for some reason was Rom. After 30 or so tries, I ringed a friend to come and help. I ran through the rest of the bosses, but Rom kicked my ass up and down the screen.

Deleted member 9306

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dont' shoot me but... FF15 is the only FF that I've finished. I have FF10 but I can't get past the final boss.

Also I finished Dark Souls 1... with a trainer/cheats on PC. I loved the atmosphere but the gameplay was just too hard! Sorry y'all.

Oh and I save-scum in stealth games, especially the Dishonoured franchise.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
- I got the Gold Trophy for FFIX where you need to jump 1000 times by using Remote Play and installing a script on my PC that knew the timing for each jump.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
I beat Pokemon Red and Pokemon Silver only using my starter Pokemon with any other Pokemon in my party only existing for HM moves. It was easy without grinding as long as you never run from encounters and fight every trainer. In both games, my Pokemon landed somewhere in the low 80s by the end. Red's Pikachu was a chump.
I wanna believe you had a Charizard with the following moveset:

Fire Blast
Flamethrower
Fire Spin
Ember

Oct 27, 2017
I gamesharked my way through Parasite Eve's Chrysler Building. I wanted the "true" ending or whatever and didn't have the time for that being done legitimately.

But I'm glad I had it because it let me play Tekken 3 with the ability to swap character movesets which made for humorous fights and allowed me to take screenshots of the cg cutscenes and edit colors and such. The first photo mode I've experimented with and made me want it in every game.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
I've played one Zelda game and never beat it.
I own 2 Metroid games and never played them.
I replaced Mewtwo's self healing with something else.

Boogolo

Nov 1, 2020
I've bought four Nintendo Switch's and never owned one myself(bought them for my four nieces)

Oct 25, 2017
I beat played more than 30% of Shadow or Colossus across 3 generators - Ps2, 3, and 4

I never cared for the original God of War serie, played 1-3 but not Ascension

it's been a long time since I played any FPS, last one was modern warfare 2 and resistance 2

hydruxo

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
There are a bunch of iconic franchises that I've never played a single game from. To name a few: Final Fantasy, Metroid, Metal Gear Solid, Fire Emblem. I'm planning on playing through several FF games soon though.

Twstr709

Oct 27, 2017
I used hacks in some army shooter game a decade and a half ago. I cant remember the game though.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think Pre-SNES games are pretty much all bad. Mario Bros games are good, Mega Man games are solid. Everything else can go in the bin.

ramenline

Jan 9, 2019
I used my first Master Ball on a Ponyta and saved after as a kid.

for older games on emulators, i abuse save states. if it's a game I played before or the game has terrible grinding for $, i use an infinite money cheat.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
I kinda tend to use some form of cheat, mod or trainers on PC when I play games which is why I kinda prefer buying stuff in console even if they are more expensive sometimes.

I dunno I just want that sense of accomplishment that I did everything legitimately which I always fail to do when I play on PC.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of rare, valuable games I have at one point owned in my life and traded in is absolutely staggering. It's not really possible to imagine a reality where I still have them all, since trading them in is what allowed me to buy more. But still, from like the N64/PSone to the PS2 generations, I have been in possession of SO MANY rare games. It actually makes me sick to my stomach.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't played a second of any Assassin's Creed game, and outside of dabbling in FFXIV for a bit I haven't touched a mainline Final Fantasy game. Take my gamer card.

Interested in rectifying the latter hopefully sometime this year.

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
I've never beat bloodborne solo. It's not that I can't. I just love the game so much as a co-op experience that I always seem to start over to just play with friends.

(About to start the DLC tonight with a friend who has never run it. I'm very excited)

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I was underwhelmed by Final Fantasy VI, Earthbound, and Chrono Trigger

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wanna believe you had a Charizard with the following moveset:

Fire Blast
Flamethrower
Fire Spin
Ember
Hell no. Screw Charizard. I had Blastoise with:

Hydro Pump
Surf
Ice Beam or Blizzard
Earthquake

Earthquake quickly became my favorite move, and it's likely I replaced it with Fissure. I made it a point to install Earthquake onto all my starter Pokemon in each game unless they couldn't learn it. My Typhlosion in Silver had it too.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
- Haven't played a Mario game since Mario 64
- Haven't made it more than 15-20 minutes into a Zelda game
- Haven't made it more than an hour into an Final Fantasy game, with the glaring exception of FF14 - which I spent a decent amount of time playing a few years ago.
- Have never come even close to beating any JRPG

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
I was underwhelmed by Final Fantasy VI, Earthbound, and Chrono Trigger
Add Super Mario RPG into that for me as well.

Part of the reason I think, personally, I was underwhelmed is because they were never released here and, as result, they took on a mythical quality. They're OK, but lacking nostalgia for them and only playing a long time after the fact left me cold on them.

Sobig

Dec 14, 2017
I pick my nose and don't care where it goes if I am in the game. I clean it up later. :s

dasu

Aug 2, 2018
I avoid all online games partially because of how bad I am at "getting gud."

Last edited:

evilromero

Oct 27, 2017
As a huge fan of vertical shooters I finally bought Ikaruga on sale yesterday and was immediately disappointed. Not at all what I was hoping for. The constant need to flip back and forth between colors is a chore and it's less like my favorite shooters and more like a pure memorization game with little room for experimentation. I know the game is held in high regard but it just doesn't play like a vertical shooter to me. I love stuff like Aero Fighters 2, Strikers 45, 19XX series, etc. This may be my first purchase regret in a long time.

So it's a sin in my view bc it's so highly regarded as one of the best in the genre and I was immediately turned off by the core gameplay mechanics.

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
I can't remember what I did get, but I remember turning down FF2, FF3, and Chrono Trigger when my dad took me to Toys R Us to pick out a birthday game, because they did not look sufficiently Zelda-like and that was what I was obsessed with. I'm not sure what would have satisfied me on that point; possibly Illusion of Gaia but I already had access to that through a friend.

(I did eventually pick up Lufia 2 at the local rental shop because the cover art looked sufficiently Zelda-y with a guy with a sword on the front. That turned out to be a very good decision, at least.)

danlher

Nov 1, 2017
I own 5 copies of GTA V: 3 disk releases (PS3+360+XO) and 2 digital (XO+PS4).

But I haven't finished the damn story yet. And I don't like GTA Online.

The shame part? If Rockstar releases a next gen version, I will probably buy it because "now I'm going to finish it".

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
I think the only thing I can think of that would really surprise most people is that even though I am old enough to have been around for the very first NES systems to come to America (and play and own one), I actively dislike the vast majority of Nintendo's first party library. Not because the games are kiddy or anything dumb like that - I just straight up don't like the genres (platforming by and large), or have never found the settings interesting. In all this time I have never finished a Zelda game, not finished a Mario game since 2 or 3 on the NES, and find most of their franchises lackluster.

That's probably my only thing that really qualifies given I have worked in the industry, been playing games for 30 years, etc.