• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I might be the biggest fan of Alone in the Dark 2: One Eye's Jack's Revenge. I play it every Christmas season. It's the Troll 2 of video games for me.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
I always put the game on hardest difficulty, and I get angry when it was clearly made for new game plus...

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
That, as I'm sure you're aware, was an extremely bad deal...

... That said I sold my Saturn with the memory card, PDS, Shining Force 3, Shining the Holy Arc, Dragon Force, Dark Savior, Guardian Heroes, Burning Rangers and Beyond Oasis 2 as I gave up gaming when I was a teenager.

It lasted a year and I never got most of them back :(
OMG. Dude... dude

Back in... 2002 or so I think, I bought a bundle of Saturn games from a guy I knew online, who was selling off his Saturn, N64 and Dreamcast collections. I got Panzer Dragoon Saga, Guardian Heroes, Shining the Holy Ark and Radiant Silvergun for $35 USD. Shipping included. For all 4, not each. I actually told the guy he could make a fortune on eBay but he said money didn't matter, he just wasn't into gaming anymore and preferred someone else to enjoy them (which I did, oh, I did).

I always wondered what happened to this guy. That wasn't you, was it? šŸ˜‚

(For real though, "Laertis" from GameFan IRC chat, I still remember you, and I hope you are well. <3)

Don't have any I personally think of as sins or shameful but I do not play Nintendo games. Have not. No intention of starting. My friends had NES and SNES and I played them a little bit, never saw the appeal. By the time I came back to gaming after a time away, the Playstation was a thing and I just went there. Consequently, over the years I have dabbled here or there but they never ever grab me and I have no qualms about having no interest in Nintendo, their IP's or their consoles.
That's pretty shameful
Nah. I'm kind of the same. I haven't truly enjoyed a Nintendo game since, like, Super Metroid...

Oct 29, 2017
I use walkthroughs for pretty much every single game I play. And I'll play it on easy, because I enjoy playing narrative-led games. I don't have the time or skills to put up with too many barriers to my enjoyment.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I use trainers with hard games on PC. Currently using one for Hollow Knight. Previously used it on Sekiro.
Yeah yeah I know the drill:
e2e.jpg

Also I did not care for Super Mario 64, It insists upon itself.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That, as I'm sure you're aware, was an extremely bad deal...

... That said I sold my Saturn with the memory card, PDS, Shining Force 3, Shining the Holy Arc, Dragon Force, Dark Savior, Guardian Heroes, Burning Rangers and Beyond Oasis 2 as I gave up gaming when I was a teenager.

It lasted a year and I never got most of them back :(

You reminded me that I sold a 900+ collection including all of the rare Saturn games that I bought when they came outā€¦ had no choice really - needed the money and couldn't keep it all around.

I've slowly been buying back some of my favorite pieces ever since the pandemic started.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing the Hitman trilogy at the moment and absolutely spamming the fuck out of save/reload because I want to get absolutely perfect outcomes as much as I can.

I sort of feel like it breaks the game because if I mess up, I can just reload

I'm having a great time with it.

SimonM7

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I'm playing the Hitman trilogy at the moment and absolutely spamming the fuck out of save/reload because I want to get absolutely perfect outcomes as much as I can.

I sort of feel like it breaks the game because if I mess up, I can just reload

I'm having a great time with it.
It knows it's breaking the game, which is why you only get one save on the higher difficulty setting. šŸ˜Š

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
OMG. Dude... dude

Back in... 2002 or so I think, I bought a bundle of Saturn games from a guy I knew online, who was selling off his Saturn, N64 and Dreamcast collections. I got Panzer Dragoon Saga, Guardian Heroes, Shining the Holy Ark and Radiant Silvergun for $35 USD. Shipping included. For all 4, not each. I actually told the guy he could make a fortune on eBay but he said money didn't matter, he just wasn't into gaming anymore and preferred someone else to enjoy them (which I did, oh, I did).

I always wondered what happened to this guy. That wasn't you, was it? šŸ˜‚

(For real though, "Laertis" from GameFan IRC chat, I still remember you, and I hope you are well. <3)
That would be depressing and hilarious if it was lol. I'm from the UK though :p

I sold it to an older guy who worked foy my mum. I borrowed a PlayStation from a friend with FFVIII nearly a year later which hooked me back into gaming and bought my saturn back from the guy who had traded my games for things like Clockwork Knight, Bug, Spot etc.

Utter failure. If only I'd known then they would all be so rare and expensive. Despite having Azel as my avatar I haven't played PDS in 20 years :(

zyvorg

Oct 25, 2017
I have this weird tendency to stop playing open world games whenever I get to the last main mission or boss.

Jul 26, 2018
I use trainers on a few games such as Dying Light. It was so funny though.. being able to jump high in the sky and kick zombies 20 feet in the air LOLOL!

In Battlefield 3-4 Operation Metro map, if it gets too crowed inside hallways, I usually place my C4's underneath my entire team. It takes just 1 grenade from the enemies to trigger and kill all of my teamates. Massive explosions happens and half my team is killed MUAHHAHAAHHA!

And they're like in chat "who the fuck placed C4 under us?!?!?" MUAHHHAHAHA!

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
It knows it's breaking the game, which is why you only get one save on the higher difficulty setting. šŸ˜Š
Which is also the reason I completely avoided it. šŸ˜‚

Honestly though, it's an excellent game and while I haven't watched any videos, I imagine there's people who play with no saves and it has a flow to it that I can only dream of.

Jimbojim

Jan 10, 2018
Bought Horizon zero dawn on base PS4 and played maybe 5 hours and dropped it for something else.

Then I bought it again on PC for that glorious 60+ fps, played for about 5 hours and dropped it for something else.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
I buy every Atelier / Neptunia game day 1 despite not playing any of them. I have a feeling once I start playing them, I'll be like, "Why tf did I buy this?"

SimonM7

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Which is also the reason I completely avoided it. šŸ˜‚

Honestly though, it's an excellent game and while I haven't watched any videos, I imagine there's people who play with no saves and it has a flow to it that I can only dream of.
šŸ˜Š Yeah, I think IO are aware that Hitman can have many different kinds of appeal depending on how one is allowed to approach it, and one of them is absolutely having the leeway to poke at the systems and see what they do without too harsh a penalty - or entirely without consequences even. Then there's another aspect of it where, if you remove the safety net of save games, there's actual tangible tension to it and a holding-your-breath, heart-in-your-throat exhilaration to carrying out your carefully devised plan, making quick thinking-on-your-feet choices to right the ship if it suddenly is knocked off course.

A lot of games is like a linear curve of.. you get better at it at a one setting and then you move the difficulty up when you're ready to deploy your skills in a higher stakes environment. In Hitman's case it's like you're picking the fundamental nature of the game. I wish more games were structured like it. šŸ˜Š

Nov 12, 2017
Sins? If we mean things I don't care doing that others will look down upon I guess:
1) Cheesing. If I can cheese a game I will.
2) Save-scumming. I consider it part of the mechanics of the game.
3) I dislike Japanese voice acting with english subs in games. Give me an english dub or don't have any voice acting.
4) I can't stand 'puzzles' in games. Doing stuff with blocks or hitting buttons? No big deal. Adventure games or games with obtuse logic? Get out of here.
5) I refuse to play multiplayer anymore. Co-op is cool, but I lost all interest in competitive stuff after the MOBA phase ran its course.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
That would be depressing and hilarious if it was lol. I'm from the UK though :p

I sold it to an older guy who worked foy my mum. I borrowed a PlayStation from a friend with FFVIII nearly a year later which hooked me back into gaming and bought my saturn back from the guy who had traded my games for things like Clockwork Knight, Bug, Spot etc.

Utter failure. If only I'd known then they would all be so rare and expensive. Despite having Azel as my avatar I haven't played PDS in 20 years :(
lol, yeah I figured it wasn't you, but it's just funny to think about. That dude was from California IIRC.

And man, what a bummer. I think the PAL version is at least a bit cheaper than the NTSC one?

Str0ngStyle

Oct 28, 2017
I have bought OoT several times because I recognize it's brilliance, but I have never beaten it.
I do not like Super Mario 64 as a game.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
When I replayed DKC 1 and 2 I used rewinds on the Switch SNES app and the save states because why not save time lol

rasu

Dec 22, 2017
i tricked people into overspending neopoints at my user shop on a burner account at neopets.com. before my burner account got frozen, i'd transfer the neopoints to my main. it was a dirty move by a dirty dog, i fully admit to it. i learned my lesson and went on the straight and narrow, but i can still hear the results of my dirty deed beating under the floorboards to this day

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
I got frustrated with Control's tendency to kill me in some random unexpected way so I turned on immortal mode. Having a much more enjoyable time as a result.

Viale

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
For the 1-4 boss of Demon's Souls, what most consider the "Real" final boss, I cheesed real hard. Put on stealth ring, basically crawled towards him, poisoned him with a spell and backed away repeatedly until he died. Not proud of it, but I was so done with the game by this point that I had no interest in attempting it a few times to fight it the right way.

Sad too because I recognize that it was probs easily the best boss in the game.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
I traded in my sealed copies of Paper Mario Thousand Year Door and Pikmin 2 on Gamecube for who knows what, back then. Never even tried them.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
It's time to admit your gaming sins.

Mine? If there's an option to skip a cutscene, I'm definitely taking it. Every time.
Is that a sin?
Well... guilty, although I don't think it's that bad, lol.
I usually only "humor" cutscenes after I get into a game. Like I have to be invested in the game before I suffer through them. Something has to pull me in.

I did that with Witcher 2, totally worth it.
I had to play Witcher 2 the first time on the easiest difficulty just because I had no idea how I was supposed to be playing the game and the tutorial just kinda confused me more.
After I beat it though, I felt confident enough to go through it again on the "Dark" difficulty. Glad I did the extra step, as I probably would never given the game a fair shake otherwise.

Okay, here's one for me then. If a game starts off so slowly in a way that just not interesting before the actual "gameplay" starts, I'll just drop it.
I kept hearing from ERA and "the old place" how Order: 1886 was good, so I bought it and the beginning is so god-damn boring with just walking around and looking at shit you pick up from a table I don't remember even getting to shoot my gun. Maybe I did once... I can't remember. I want games to let me see if I like the gameplay before it tries to bog me down with its bullshit. I have way too much to do nowadays where I don't feel too "obligated" to give a game more time than I want unless I know right away I'm going to like it.