• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 15, 2017
It's time to admit your gaming sins.

Mine? If there's an option to skip a cutscene, I'm definitely taking it. Every time.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I love to watch friends play games instead of playing them myself.

Weirdly though, I just can't get into stuff like Twitch streams.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I've shared this in too many threads now but I traded in my copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga in part exchange for Bomberman 64.

Yes, part exchange. It didn't cover the cost so I had to pay some extra.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
At this point in my life, when playing 16-bit games, I rewind every mistake.

Ain't nobody got time for dat!

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I've never beaten Final Fantasy VII, Ocarina of Time, Morrowind, or Earthbound. I'd like to one day, but damn I cannot get into Ocarina of Time despite playing most of it as a child.
At this point in my life, when playing 16-bit games, I rewind every mistake.

Ain't nobody got time for dat!
Fuck yes. It feels so good. I have no shame about that.

Dec 23, 2017
I...didn't like Animal Crossing New Horizons. It was my first Animal Crossing game.

As someone who plays MMORPG's a lot, it felt like dailies the game.

Dance Inferno

Oct 29, 2017
I've never technically beat a Souls game. I always get basically to the end then stop. With Bloodborne for example I fought Orphan of Kos a few times, went "OK I get what this is all about", and just kinda never went back to it.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I played almost all the Xbox 360 Gen with Component cables on a HD TV.

didn't know what HDMI cable was but I knew my 3 color cables lol. It was fine

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
At some point, I'm going to use cheat codes instead of grinding money if shit in the game is ridiculously expensive for average gameplay.

FulcrumTK

Oct 6, 2020
I have never beaten the original Super Mario Bros.

I have beaten all other mainline Mario games (excluding 2JP/Lost Levels because fuck that, and I won't feel guilty about it), but never the OG.

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
Never touched a single MGS (or a Kojima) game in my life. Don't know why, just never happened. I also disliked Horizon Zero Dawn and FF9, both of which seem to be almost unanimously loved, but those don't feel as big of sins as the first

Paroni

Dec 17, 2020
If I can fast forward dialogue I do it. Life is too short to listen to voice acting.

Oct 26, 2017
I saw a shrink-wrapped Valkyrie Profile on PS1 at a pawn shop for $30 when I was a freshman in high school. Thought it looked cool, but ended up buying Spyro the Dragon instead because I liked dragons.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I've shared this in too many threads now but I traded in my copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga in part exchange for Bomberman 64.

Big deal, I picked Batman of the Future PS1 over Misadventures of Tron Bonne in a 3 for £15 sale at Electronic Boutique.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Years ago I took my fully working, pristine condition Dreamcast, Gamecube and modded 60hz Saturn to the recycling centre and left them there amongst all the broken TVs and washing machines :(

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I play a lot more games on the easier difficulties these days.

I'm 38, I used to consider myself a hardcore gamer but I'm hear ya buddy - I ain't got time for the timesink of grinding and practicing to truly master most of the games I play. Some of them, sure

Gaming sins wise, I think my problem post hardcore gamer years (12-25) but before the time I'm actually truly enjoying my bite sized gaming again (34-38), I bought too many games I thought I 'should' buy but didn't really play (or shit that was on sale so I bought but again didn't play)

Now I'm strict - one game as main, one as a quick pallet cleanser at a time. If I buy a game, I need to really find it intriguing and have to complete it before I move on.

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
got far cry 4, played it for 30 minutes to see if ending in 30 minutes was true never played it since then even though i still have it

Herne

Dec 10, 2017

I once swapped Mario 64 for Bomberman 64. To be fair it was meant to be a loan each way, but if was a colleague at work at a job that didn't last, and I never saw the guy again.

Oh God did I regret that.

zuf

Oct 25, 2017
Wasted the PS2 gen basically playing Pro Evolution Soccer ever day.

Sold a Gamecube with Resident Evil 4 at launch because I got bored. Later completed the RE4 port 10+ times on other platforms.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I brute forced the elite 4 and Champion of Blue, Silver and Sapphire by using my starter and the version legendary, attributes be damned.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I abuse the fuck out of save states when playing retro games on my raspberry pi

Nacery

Jul 11, 2018
I've never finished Pokemon Red/Blue without boosting my Pokemon to Lvl. 100 by abusing the rare candy cloning glitch with Missigno.

Years ago I took my fully working, pristine condition Dreamcast, Gamecube and modded 60hz Saturn to the recycling centre and left them there amongst all the broken TVs and washing machines :(
Holy shit.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh here's one, I abused the WiiU save states when doing a 102% run of Donkey Kong Country 2.

Because that games makes you pay to save.

Oct 27, 2017
I play a lot more games on the easier difficulties these days.

I was coming in to say something very similar. I can't do hard games at all any more, and get excessively frustrated if I hit a roadblock or die a lot.

Most of the time I'd rather just shift it down to easy and enjoy the story than try to power through a hard section.

hephaestus

Oct 28, 2017
If a game doesn't catch my attention in the first few minutes (sometimes eve if I dont like the title screen) I will usually drop the game immediately.

unholyFarmer

Jan 22, 2019
I had a Game Cube but skipped many of its gems due to playing mmorpgs on PC back then. Baten Kaitos, Billy Hatcher, AC, PaperMario TTYD, Twilight Princess, Start Fox Assault, Beyond Good and Evil, Sonic Adventure 1/2, Skies of Arcadia, Chibi Robo and many others.

I did play a few of them later on, but I still feel bad about missing out so much to this day.

Spiderz

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I'll save scum in Football Manager even if it's a save file I told myself I wasn't going to do that :(

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I beat Pokemon Red and Pokemon Silver only using my starter Pokemon with any other Pokemon in my party only existing for HM moves. It was easy without grinding as long as you never run from encounters and fight every trainer. In both games, my Pokemon landed somewhere in the low 80s by the end. Red's Pikachu was a chump.

I have never visited the Epic Games Store.
Wouldn't that make you a saint on this forum?

Zachary_Games

Jul 31, 2020
I made it all the way to Troupe Master Grimm in Hollow Knight. After only an hour of trying to defeat him, I turned it off for the night intending to try again the following day but never did. Thus, I never defeated The Hollow Knight either.

I still love the game dearly and intend to revisit once Silk Song is near.