• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Wow

For comparison:

Adele.jpg

Frostinferno

Oct 25, 2017
She's almost unrecognizable to me. If I didn't know it was her I wouldn't have guessed it. Good for her!

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Good for her for putting in that hard work and dedicating to achieving whatever goals she set for herself.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Looks like a different human being. She could walk past me and I wouldn't for a second guess she was someone famous. Hell I'd probably say you're full of shit if someone told me that was Adele.

OP, you're full of shit!

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow congratulations to her. I know she's been going through a lot of body shaming criticism for losing weight which is insane to me, but hopefully her life is full of love and support.

KrigareN-

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
She was so beautiful even when she was much bigger.

And she looks stunning now!

The world is unfair!

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's been inspiring to see her progression over the past year - congrats to her, she looks great!

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
While it's good for her, the old Adele was iconic. This will take some time getting used to. Doesn't even look like here anymore.

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how this will affect her brand. I feel like being overweight (but with an iconic singing voice) was a part of it.

Good on her for losing the weight, though. That shit is hard. She is undoubtedly much healthier.

OP
OP
RastaMentality
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how this will affect her brand. I feel like being overweight (but with an iconic singing voice) was a part of it.

Good on her for losing the weight, though. That shit is hard. She is undoubtedly much healthier.
Her being larger and having a big singing voice was definitely a selling point. It helped people feel like they were listening to "real music" not like those bone thin pop stars.

This album will still be massive because of the image change.

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking of people as brands really needs to stop.

I don't think of her as a brand, I think of her brand as a brand. She sold an image and a voice talent for a long time. Adele was "legitimate" music because she wasn't just another "hot girl" doing pop.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing she lost the weight, at all. I'm just curious.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
good for her hope it inspires other people to get healthy too. nothing wrong with being a little overweight but covid 19 has really shown that things like T2-diabetes/high A1C, high cholesterol, breathing issues, etc are not any part of "healthy at any size" and there is a range people have to fall into if they want to lead relatively happy lives. Heart attacks, strokes and type-2 diabetes are horrible ways to go.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow. If she walked by me on the street I would not recognize her. What a complete transformation.

Pollen

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
How about we stop assigning value to a woman's weight and image, especially when she's a talented singer. It's disgusting and misogynistic. Some of you need to be ashamed. She looks happy and it appears that she lost the weight healthily over time compared to a yo-yo diet, so just wish her well. That's all you have to do.

Pollen

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Her being larger and having a big singing voice was definitely a selling point. It helped people feel like they were listening to "real music" not like those bone thin pop stars.

This album will still be massive because of the image change.
"Bone thin" popstars. Funny how you have Rihanna, a champion of body positivity, as your avatar, when you continually shame other people for the bodies that they have. It's not an okay thing for you, or anyone for that matter, to use that language to describe anyone's bodies. We have enough body dysmorphia and insecurity happening as a result of social media, please stop doing this.

The dialogue surrounding women's bodies is certainly an interesting choice.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Bone thin" popstars. Funny how you have Rihanna, a champion of body positivity, as your avatar, when you continually shame other people for the bodies that they have. It's not an okay thing for you, or anyone for that matter, to use that language to describe anyone's bodies. We have enough body dysmorphia and insecurity happening as a result of social media, please stop doing this.

The dialogue surrounding women's bodies is certainly an interesting choice.

It's pretty clear that Rasta was not giving a personal opinion but talking about the view that many in society have about Adele and "pop stars" as a generic idea.