• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiger Priest

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
New York, NY
And we're fighting over semantics again. The American left-wing in a nutshell. This is why we never win anything and why, when we do, it never lasts for long.

I support BLM pretty strongly but let me ask those of you saying the Democratic Party is racist - do you really think Pelosi supports the shooting of innocent black men and women? Do you think that she would be unsupportive of actual legislation to try to address this and other criminal justice issues? Is this really worth saying fuck it and staying home on Election Day so that the actual racists and right-wingers can continue to hold onto power and screw things up even more for minorities? All the marching and protests in the world means less than nothing if you don't vote.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say, I do love the "Who else are you fucking blacks going to vote for?" nonsense posts that always popup when we criticize white democrats when the fuck up.

Oct 29, 2017
And we're fighting over semantics again. The American left-wing in a nutshell. This is why we never win anything and why, when we do, it never lasts for long.

I support BLM pretty strongly but let me ask those of you saying the Democratic Party is racist - do you really think Pelosi supports the shooting of innocent black men and women? Do you think that she would be unsupportive of actual legislation to try to address this and other criminal justice issues? Is this really worth saying fuck it and staying home on Election Day so that the actual racists and right-wingers can continue to hold onto power and screw things up even more for minorities? All the marching and protests in the world means less than nothing if you don't vote.

I'm not aware of very many people in this thread proclaiming they'll stay home because of today's statements.

What's more frustrating is the inability to criticize any Democrat for anything without a cavalcade of people coming in and shouting "WELP IT'S OVER LOOK AT ALL THIS INFIGHTING GOOD LUCK WITH TRUMP IN 2020". What does this arm-flailing achieve other than to low-key tell people to shut the fuck up and fall in line? These criticisms really gonna take down the entire Democratic party and their presidential bid in 2020 (before we even know who the candidate is)?

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

How are you tut-tutting the most consistent and disenfranchised voting block of democrats. If people want to have this discussion, they shouldn't be trying to talk to black people like we haven't already learned self preservation.

We fucking know. America has fucked us over for centuries. We're allowed to be angry and voice concerns. We'll still show up and vote blue.
Y'all need to be talking to the white folks that keep putting racists in office. Not us.

Oct 30, 2017
Forgot that the American left has been in any sort of position of power and constantly voted to disempower black and brown people, to lock them up, and kill them on a daily basis. Thanks for the article!

Truly, the left and establishment Democrats are the same on race.

The article I linked is literally about a significant part of the American left voting to disempower black and brown voices within their own organizational and ideological framework

Good job reading

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's a pretty calculated statement - if you're doing the math, unqualified "black lives matter" might lose some white voters, but an "all lives matter" isn't going to alienate black voters.

But when you look at 2016, I think the enthusiasm gap between Clinton and Trump was huge, and shit like this dampens the enthusiasm of one of the left's biggest demographics. Black voters aren't suddenly going to vote GOP, but they might not show up at all, and that's almost as bad. Something Democrat leaders really need to be keeping in mind.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not aware of very many people in this thread proclaiming they'll stay home because of today's statements.

What's more frustrating is the inability to criticize any Democrat for anything without a cavalcade of people coming in and shouting "WELP IT'S OVER LOOK AT ALL THIS INFIGHTING GOOD LUCK WITH TRUMP IN 2020". What does this arm-flailing achieve other than to low-key tell people to shut the fuck up and fall in line?

I think it's because if there is one thing that is true, Republicans no matter what usually unite and vote where as last election proved progressives fight amongst each other and/or sit out entirely.

2016 was a good example of that, and before people respond with the usual argument of, "oh that was Hilary's fault for not motivating people to vote" let me just say.... The threat of Trump should have been motivation enough!

collige

Oct 31, 2017
I think it's a pretty calculated statement - if you're doing the math, unqualified "black lives matter" might lose some white voters, but an "all lives matter" isn't going to alienate black voters.

But when you look at 2016, I think the enthusiasm gap between Clinton and Trump was huge, and shit like this dampens the enthusiasm of one of the left's biggest demographics. Black voters aren't suddenly going to vote GOP, but they might not show up at all, and that's almost as bad.
Why should anyone be worrying about alienating voters three days after assuming office? She literally just won an election.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
Forgot that the American left has been in any sort of position of power and constantly voted to disempower black and brown people, to lock them up, and kill them on a daily basis. Thanks for the article!

People like you give the left a bad name

fauxtrot

Oct 25, 2017

As an involved member of DSA, MeaningofKarma's statements are right (as is the article). No need to get upset about the truth and derail the thread... instead, get involved and change organizations like DSA from the inside. There are plenty of us doing so already.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
The article I linked is literally about a significant part of the American left disempowering black and brown people within their own organizational and ideological framework

Good job reading
Dude

You are comparing DSA drama to a political party that has taken advantage of African Americans for its entire history.

Aside from that the DSA has a much better relationship with racial justice activists than the party, maybe you should read the article you linked to because it makes that pretty clear.

Obviously the DSA has a long way to go but it has the potential to get there. You can't say the same by a party run by Nancy Pelosi.
As an involved member of DSA, MeaningofKarma's statements are right (as is the article). No need to get upset about the truth and derail the thread... instead, get involved and change organizations like DSA from the inside. There are plenty of us doing so already.
1) I don't believe you for a second

2) Care to explain how I'm detailing the thread when I didn't even start the conversation?

OP
OP
DigitalOp

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Imagine thinking that's why people aren't bothered by her remarks lmao.

Nothing about what the OP says is "woke". It's patronising. "SAYING YOU WANT MORE BLACK PEOPLE IN CONGRESS TO INFLUENCE POLICY IS SECRETLY RACIST LUL ULULULUL".

Give me a break.

How is this your takeaway?

I didn't even mention that part about taking office because it wasn't problematic... its actually a major key.

What this thread is about is her feeling the need to play politics about valuing Black Lives. Thats why its the topic?

This is barrier you will never seem to understand. I don't accept the treatment of the people around me or look like me as bargaining politics. It isn't chess. It isn't strategy to me. Its nonnegotiable. This is 2019 and we've regressed to where racism has taken an overt visible space.

Your heads so far up your ass you can't even consider the thought that a black voter could support the better political option and still be pissed off that a bunch of weak ass liberals constantly tell me that I can't even point out a fucked up comment? She literally added qualifications to the statement to avoid giving a direct answer.

Why?

Because agreeing that Black Lives Matter is an alienating statement.

Why?

Because white people, liberals included, aren't interested in the advancement of Black People and it could cost Pelosi support.

Is that secretly racist?

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nancy dun goofed. Even with good intentions, ALM shouldn't have been brought up. Don't acknowledge that stupidity.

Also, it's annoying how Liberals seem uncomfortable sticking to the topic when it comes to Black issues. The student asked a very specific question about Black people, and Nancy went out of her way to mention ALM, immigrants, women, etc.... We already know that Democrats are "fighting for everybody", why did she feel the need to remind everyone that when she was asked a question about BLM?
Quick, someone white-splain to OP why people should read the entire statement instead of using a click bait title. Or tell him he's sexist cause she's a woman. Or tell them how progressive you are!

Edit - Fuck, I was beaten already. Thanks for proving my point though.
Lmao.
This is truly the alpha dump
LOL
Black lives only matter is long as it's not inconvenient to white people. Think back a few years ago to the what I believe was Eric Garner execution in New York. Lots of media and politicians recognized the injustice of situation and seemed to understand black anger. Things changed rapidly when two Police officers were killed shortly afterwards. All of a sudden black people were not only told to shut down their protests but our fight for justice was got the officers killed. We are always in a cant win position because so many in our own party can't understand the indignities we face from law enforcement.
Yup. When shit hits the fan, most self-proclaimed "allies" will scatter.
Not at all, everyone needs to fight for their rights. I just think it's crazy we live in a world where it feels like each race needs to fight for its rights. Why does it have to be one over the other? Why can't we all have a movement together is what I'm asking I guess.
Just because every group is fighting for their rights doesn't mean a movement is putting one over the other. Other people are free to support BLM.

Emmert

Banned
Oct 23, 2018
I have to say, I do love the "Who else are you fucking blacks going to vote for?" nonsense posts that always popup when we criticize white democrats when the fuck up.

Yeah. Some of the posts in this thread sound like "Stop being uppity and like what you're given." Especially the one telling people to pull a kanye or whatever. It's ridiculous. But I think for some people it's easier to see black people as voting statistics instead of people who have very valid issues with this country.

Status
Not open for further replies.