• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
It's really depressing that after everything, the fucking dems still wanna boogie their way life. and still want black people (as well as other minorities) to vote for them. While not actually giving a single fuck about them.
its like reality versus ideals. and reality is racism and supremacy are the lead paint that covers everything.

Mr.Arrow

Dec 6, 2018
User Banned (1 day): Inflammatory driveby, account in junior phase
Oh look another thread being sexist against Pelosi because she's a woman.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see a lot of constructive criticism. I see opportunists who pretend to care about civil rights and use it as an excuse to tar another woman.
and i see a little silhouette of a man. not particularly interested if you think the criticism is constructive or who you count to be opportunists in the discussion based on your previous comments. how do you know who is pretending to care about civil rights? Calling her words into question, in the face of her record isn't allowable, according to you.

"opportunists"

oh yeah lets strike while the iron is wet.

THE210

Nov 30, 2017
Black lives only matter is long as it's not inconvenient to white people. Think back a few years ago to the what I believe was Eric Garner execution in New York. Lots of media and politicians recognized the injustice of situation and seemed to understand black anger. Things changed rapidly when two Police officers were killed shortly afterwards. All of a sudden black people were not only told to shut down their protests but our fight for justice was got the officers killed. We are always in a cant win position because so many in our own party can't understand the indignities we face from law enforcement.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
The amount of people ITT that are bending over backwards to defend her comments or to find a way to shrug them off somehow are also disappointing.

Replace Pelosi with someone else and the vast majority of the time this thread would be dragging that person. Progressives....

mollusklover

Banned
Dec 13, 2018
and i see a little silhouette of a man. not particularly interested if you think the criticism is constructive or who you count to be opportunists in the discussion based on your previous comments. how do you know who is pretending to care about civil rights? Calling her words into question, in the face of her record isn't allowable, according to you.

"opportunists"

oh yeah lets strike while the iron is wet.
People who say Dems don't care about black people. It's both sides bullshit. Didn't we move past this nonsense? I guess no one ever learns. Get ready for both sides 2020.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see a lot of constructive criticism. I see opportunists who pretend to care about civil rights and use it as an excuse to tar another woman.

How exactly would one convince you that they really care about civil rights?

Edit: okay, I saw your post. Your position is that it's literally impossible to care about civil rights while criticizing Democrats? I can think of a lot of activists who would be surprised to learn this.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
The amount of people ITT that are bending over backwards to defend her comments or to find a way to shrug them off somehow are also disappointing.

Replace Pelosi with someone else and the vast majority of the time this thread would be dragging that person. Progressives....
Like who?

mollusklover

Banned
Dec 13, 2018
out of anyone running Biden is by far the most likely to say some racist shit but please, keep pushing your agenda
Absolutely but people won't care. I mean the man is stupid racist trash and yet Obama had him as VP. Something Obama should really have to answer for. I don't think there's anyone who wants Biden to run less than Obama right now.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Its because we know its bullshit. No matter how we protest people find a problem with the shit and attack it. BLM? Oh noooo, we need to ALL lives matter your protest.... Kneel at a football game? Oh noooo we need you to play ball and shutup and make sure you never play in the league and ban kneeling.

Fuck that, they aren't slick. No matter how we represent our issues the same fucking assholes always find some way to fuck with it. Its never good enough. If we take it public its "Stop blocking traffic" if we do it peacefully then its "All lives matter" if we kneel its "Unacceptable and disrespecting the troops".

Had enough of this bullshit. Doesn't take a genius to see that people just don't want black people airing and bringing attention to the specific grievances they face.

I think it is absolutely wrong that people are using other minorities as a tool to bring down the overall movement of equality or downplay anything. I do think there are a lot of people who don't care about Black issue, I do care, I just am saying it would be nice if everyone was equal, why is that a bad thing to say? Why can't Chinese, Middle Eastern, Indian, Hispanic people be all treated the same?

The majority of people who push "All Lives Matter" want other minorities to have this response, and it's sad in 2019 that folks still go "I don't see why the struggle of black people are more important than my race's struggle."

Folks are just playing into their goddamn hands. Stuff like what Pelosi said make me wonder if Democrats really did learn anything over the last couple of years.

I don't think I am fighting against anyone else's rights, I just don't think it's fair that one race gets equal treatment at a time.

You've completely misunderstood this topic.

This is about All Lives Matter being said to detract from when people want politicians to focus on issues affecting black people. It's deflection, time and time again, from a movement trying to get people to notice the injustice black people face in America.

I didn't misinterprete the overall message, just didn't like how the OP stated his case about other minorities.

I always knew she was a fake ass 'progressive' corporate Democrat. Lol. Same with Hillary and her ilk. Congrats on actively pushing PoC away.

And the establishment is always fucking puzzled as to why Democrats don't vote. THIS IS WHY. Turning your back on people and talking the same talk as Trump. Only a matter of time until we hear the Alt right being referred to as "good people"...

As another minority your post is fucking garbage and obvious bait. And I'm pretty sure I recognize the username.

Not black BTW. But don't let that ruin your bullshit ALM agenda. Blue lives matter too right?

What the fuck are you talking about? What bait? You recognize my username for what? I generally stay out of these topics and have posted in a topic similar to this maybe once. Why come in here and attack others, I am having a conversation, not talking down to people. What the fuck does Blue Lives Matter have to do with having all minorities be treated as equals? I am not downplaying the struggle of any race or minority, I just want to see equal representation and treatment for everyone.

mollusklover

Banned
Dec 13, 2018
How exactly would one convince you that they really care about civil rights?

Edit: okay, I saw your post. Your position is that it's literally impossible to care about civil rights while criticizing Democrats? I can think of a lot of activists who would be surprised to learn this.
Saying Dems don't care about black people isn't criticism. It's 'both sides' nonsense that gets pushed by Russian Troll farms and Kanye West.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yet again. White moderate liberal proving how useless they are, for defending this nonsense.

fauxtrot

Oct 25, 2017
People who say Dems don't care about black people. It's both sides bullshit. Didn't we move past this nonsense? I guess no one ever learns. Get ready for both sides 2020.

How many times are you going to try to derail the conversation? This thread about Pelosi's statement, not the 2020 primary or anything else.

OP
OP
DigitalOp

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Oh look another thread being sexist against Pelosi because she's a woman.

Oh this is rich

I vote blue and now I can't even criticize them for what they say after they take office?

Y'all funny, please quit it.

Past grievances is the part that gets to me the most. It can easily be interpreted as "racism is over" which fucks over all minorities and makes it seem like there isn't a shit ton of work to be done.

This is kind of what made me even think that it needed to be addressed.

mollusklover

Banned
Dec 13, 2018
How many times are you going to try to derail the conversation? This thread about Pelosi's statement, not the 2020 primary or anything else.
People are using Pelosi's statement to say Dems don't care about black people. Trolls will use this meme to suppress black turnout in 2020. This happened in 2016 to Hillary. That's why it's relevant.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
So you're angry that black people aren't carrying water for everyone else?

Not at all, everyone needs to fight for their rights. I just think it's crazy we live in a world where it feels like each race needs to fight for its rights. Why does it have to be one over the other? Why can't we all have a movement together is what I'm asking I guess.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People are using Pelosi's statement to say Dems don't care about black people. Trolls will use this meme to suppress black turnout in 2020. This happened in 2016 to Hillary. That's why it's relevant.

Nobody's going to base their 2020 presidential vote on what Nancy Pelosi says. They're going to base their votes on what the candidates say and do.

Not at all, everyone needs to fight for their rights. I just think it's crazy we live in a world where it feels like each race needs to fight for its rights. Why does it have to be one over the other? Why can't we all have a movement together is what I'm asking I guess.

Go start one. Black people started one organically by themselves since they keep 0getimting murdered by cops.

It has nothing to do with "one over the other".

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
All Lives Matter has always been a dogwhistle used to take away from the main point and focus of the protest.

The unarmed killing and violation of a citizens due process of law by Law Enforcement.

Que pretty much every white person who doesn't really have a stake in it all to think a message like "All Lives Matter" in response to "Black Lives Matter" is being used to equalize and be fair to everybody.

White people and even other minorities always do this shit. Black people can't be allowed to focus and speak on issues that plauge us specifically. It always needs to be opened up and included for all. As if this an 'Us' issue, and not hurting and targeting black people discriminately and disproportionately

Black Lives Matter was never in the context of 'Only'

But that won't stop fragile ass white people from getting upset and completely misrepresenting the issue and trying to distract and pull it out of context. And this is exactly why Pelosi said it...

Because she wants to look like she supports Black People while placating fragile and sensitive white racists.... One hell of a conundrum to sit on the fence on. She's playing politics... But Im not a big fan on a stance like this. It's a binary choice. You either support Black People speaking out against injustice or you don't.

And the truth of the matter is that Black People asking for justice bothers the fuck out of White Liberals too... If that wasn't the case, then Nancy could have easily just said yes and keep it at that.... Think about that. Digest it.

The last thing you do is dogwhistle slogans that are used purely to detract from our social cause.

This is the part where White Liberals tell me I shouldn't be so damn annoying when she's using language better than a Republican. It's not enough. I'm not satisfied. You see who's running the government? You think answer like that will satisfy me as a black man? When I hear about a police brutality killing, I think of my cousins. My uncles... My friends ... Black mothers think of their husbands, Sons, Brothers, nephews....

It can be any one of us! That's how real it is. It's not a joke. It's not a game. It's about the lives of real people, with emotions, with goals....

You know what? I wouldn't even be mad if people actually meant that All Lives Matter......

But don't fucking lie to me. When people say ALM, they damn sure don't include Black People. And they damn sure aren't trying to defend us by using the phrase.

It's used to downplay and dismiss. That's it.

If All Lives Mattered, Black People wouldn't be fucking protesting and marching in the first place, right?!!!..... We wouldn't be seeing disproportionate extrajudicial killings if they did!!! Right?!!! Or any killings for that matter!!

If Black Lives Mattered, then nobody would have ever said Trayvonn, Mike Brown, or James Crawford deserved to die....... Let alone proudly

But we know thats not how white people respond to the death of black boys.

Also she wants to talk about racism as a "past grievance", another favorite white racist/white liberal talking point

Like we didn't just have a man shoot a black 7 year old baby for no reason in the last 3 days.....

Like we don't have a racist Clown Pres wreaking havok on the social climate and racial lines in the US.

Like Black People aren't dealing with mass income and wealth inequality...

This shit never stopped! These issues aren't in the past. Racism was never solved. Black People arent speaking about "previous greivances"... We're talking about shit we deal with now to this very day because of that previous fuckery.

What's cute is that a phrase such as "past greivances" suggests that Black People are complaining about old shit.... Gotta love how this plays with majority of white americans.

Again, White Liberals let it slide because you don't have a stake. You don't have to worry about getting terrible treatment from an officer of the law. It doesn't compute in your daily lives. However, It's something that you have to consider when living while black. Be vigilant for.

This was a prime example to show how Black US Citizens and White US Citizens live in 2 different realities when it comes to America.

Yeah, I guess everything she said is all cool...

Is that why the woman who asked the question looks like this during the answer?

Here's another fun fact

And let the church say amen.
I don't even go to church but goddammit I said Amen.

mollusklover

Banned
Dec 13, 2018
Ideally yes, but black people have a special history of discrimination in this country. In actuality they HAVE to focus on their own advocacy.

Oct 30, 2017

People are using Pelosi's statement to say Dems don't care about black people because it's more evidence that Dems don't care about black people.

This happened in 2016 to Hillary because her husband and Joe Biden helped craft one of the most apocalyptically damaging crime bills in the history of the nation and she supported it by calling black children super predators

Democrats don't care about black people, bud

mollusklover

Banned
Dec 13, 2018
People are using Pelosi's statement to say Dems don't care about black people because it's more evidence that Dems don't care about black people.

This happened in 2016 to Hillary because her husband and Joe Biden crafted one of the most apocalyptically damaging crime bills in the history of the nation and she supported it by calling black children super predators

Democrats don't care about black people, bud
Thank you. This post says it all.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
As a black person, did this supposed meme affect you voting for Hilary?
So then you disagree with BLM?

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
I find this OP racist as fuck towards white people, and the anger in this thread is something I dont want to be a part of anymore. This is just talking points to plant more seeds of dissent. If I get banned for this post then fuck it, this forum wasnt worth it anyway.
White fragility ladies and gentlemen!
As a black man. I have no issues with what Pelosi said. But I get why some do. But I also hope many aren't using this to "attack" her. she didn't mean harm. A lot of older well meaning white people will make missteps and it's ok to shed light and correct it. There are some people that want to use this as a "gotcha" moment as well.
You're naive as fuck. Pelosi meant what she said, she doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Emmert

Banned
Oct 23, 2018
God forbid black people want one of the most powerful Democrats in the country to support BLM without appealing to all lives matter crowd as well.

Can't believe someone is arguing that criticism against Pelosi for this is sexism. Lmao

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
The sooner her ilk are disposed off in leadership positions the better, enough of this side stepping shit.

Pretty much all you can do is continue voting people like AOC (just as an example) in.

Because at the end of the day, non-voting or going full Kayne is still going to hurt POCs way, WAY worse in the long run as opposed to putting up with shit like this that is, admittedly, still bullshit and unfair.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
God forbid black people want one of the most powerful Democrats in the country to support BLM without appealing to all lives matter crowd as well.

Can't believe someone is arguing that criticism against Pelosi for this is sexism. Lmao
This thread has been a rollercoaster. How the fuck do black people put up with this shit.

Oct 30, 2017
I wouldn't say "progressives" care very much about BLM in general tbh

It's important to understand this.

From establishment Democrats wringing their hands about BLM to Chapo Trap House's constant minimization of race-related issues, no one really cares about black people except black people.

Democrats and progressives will vote for legislation that helps African Americans and other minorities, but they won't fight for them.

fauxtrot

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine thinking you're being woke by defending a rich and powerful white person's problematic statement about a grassroots movement against racism just because they are a women. Some of y'all need to take a step back and take a long hard look at yourselves.

TarNaru33

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She fucked up, caught her fuckup, and fucked up trying to fix it.

It was a mistake on her part, but we shouldn't go thinking she is not out to help Black people. I do hope she apologizes and learns from this.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say "progressives" care very much about BLM in general tbh
s7kOMP4.png

Oct 29, 2017
Nobody's going to base their 2020 presidential vote on what Nancy Pelosi says. They're going to base their votes on what the candidates say and do.

Exactly. It's useless to catastrophize Dems losing in 2020 because some people dislike what Pelosi said in early 2019. Unless they just wanna use that to prop up ill-conceived arguments why Pelosi's statements are untouchable and should never be criticized.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
Imagine thinking you're being woke by defending a rich and powerful white person's problematic statement about a movement against racism just because they are a women.
Imagine thinking that's why people aren't bothered by her remarks lmao.

Nothing about what the OP says is "woke". It's patronising. "SAYING YOU WANT MORE BLACK PEOPLE IN CONGRESS TO INFLUENCE POLICY IS SECRETLY RACIST LUL ULULULUL".

Give me a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.