• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, was wondering if y'all can share any memories of surprisingly well made licensed video games.

My take:

220px-The_Incredible_Hulk_-_Ultimate_Destruction_%28game_box_art%29.jpg
aRGihKFChi00Of5xoxwts32SKdrSpCKo5uE0cw3Rkm8_390x400_1x-0.jpeg
images
220px-The_Simpsons_Hit_and_Run_cover.png

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Spider-Man 2
Marvel's Spider-Man
The Simpsons: Hit and Run
Arkham Games
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
The Warriors

There's more but these for me are the best. I revisit The Warriors (on my Vita) and Spider-Man 2 every now and then. The Warriors especially as that game's combat is just so fucking good.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
EA's Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth 1 and 2 were amazing, I'm super sad that they aren't available because Warner has the LOTR license

throw EA's The Two Towers and Return of the King action games in there too.

220px-BFME.jpg
51ZVQSEX81L._AC_SY445_.jpg
220px-Rotkboxart2.jpg

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
I really like the Arkham universe. Especially Arkham Knight, loved it. Can't really remember any other game/s that stands out to that level.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Scareface: The World Is Yours

i know it's seen as just a GTA clone with a weird licence attached to it but it was the first open world crime game that actually made me feel like i was being a criminal and *succeeding* at it

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Peter Jackson's King Kong The Official Video Game was also a good one.

OP
OP
hwarang

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
Spider-Man 2
The Simpsons: Hit and Run
Arkham Games
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
The Warriors

There's more but these for me are the best. I revisit The Warriors (on my Vita) and Spider-Man 2 every now and then. The Warriors especially as that game's combat is just so fucking good.

Yo the Warriors - so good.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Scott Pilgrim Vs The World The Game and even tho some people will probably complain that the shooting mechanism in Wanted Weapons of Fate got old i still enjoyed it a lot

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Total War: Warhammer 1/2 are arguably the best Total War games ever and some of the absolutely best strategy games available right now.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
250px-Ecks_Vs._Sever_GBA_box.jpg

Based on a notoriously bad film but actually manages to be a fairly food FPS.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
EA's Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth 1 and 2 were amazing, I'm super sad that they aren't available because Warner has the LOTR license

220px-BFME.jpg
220px-Rotkboxart2.jpg
I don't remember jack about the Two Tower and Return of the King games, but I remember loving actually playing them on Gamecube.

My gut reaction to this thread is Arkham Asylum, because I remember when it came out the reaction was like "Wait... it's good?!"

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I'll second The Warriors, first game I pulled an all-nighter on with a friend

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
Enter The MatrixY (Yup)
Came out in full Matrix Reloaded/Animatrix hype and yeah, to me has been a fun game. Also, tons of unreleased footage 🤤

Luyrar

Banned
Jul 19, 2018

220px-BFME.jpg
220px-Rotkboxart2.jpg

The Battle For Middle-earth 2 is even better than the first one.....goddamn what a fantastic game, countless hours with friends, countless lan partys.....those where good days.

edit:

omg..the feels.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
250px-Ecks_Vs._Sever_GBA_box.jpg

Based on a notoriously bad film but actually manages to be a fairly food FPS.
IIRC, this released before the film and was based on a scrapped initial script for that film. Then another game based on the released movie (done by the same devs as this) released to tie in with the movie. It's not as good as this first game, but still pretty decent altogether.

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017

I also enjoyed LOTR: The Third Age on the PS2 for what it was.
Harry Potter 1-2 on the GameBoy Color and Harry Potter 1-3 on the PS2 were also straight fire.

Haikira

Dec 22, 2017
Northern Ireland
Stranglehold - Loved it back on the 360, and I'm really glad it made it's way to GOG. While it's definitely showing it's age in some areas, I think the level of destructibility is still impressive; and outside of a few annoying encounters and turret sections, I still have a blast with it to this day.

Stranglehold - PC GOG release - Gameplay 3440x1440 with FOV mod

Stranglehold Review - Gggmanlives

Pororoka

Nov 1, 2017
MX
Jo9aJn3.jpg

Does the DefJam games count? I spend hours and nights with friends playing FfNY.

Sadly they ended the franchise with The Takeover (which I also love) and no more games were ever made.

Schnee

Oct 25, 2017
Transformers Devastation was such a stupidly fun game with a kickass soundtrack

Sucks that it got taken off of stores along with the Cybertron games because Activision didn't renew the license