• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is absolutely terrible. Something is deeply wrong with society that there are people who think this is in any way acceptable.

Oct 25, 2017
It's very weird that people this socially maladjusted would have loved and appreciated the first game so deeply in the first place.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
Its not surprising but its still awful to see it. I still have to wonder what the people who do stuff like this are actually like. I cant say I have ever hated any media enough to actually get angry over it; disappointed? sure, but angry no way. Even then there is a big gap between getting angry at something and directing that feeling at another person.

I had to look up who she voiced in the game to try to understand why she would be getting any hate. I didnt really like the first game so I didnt have an interest in this one. I did know of people being assholes cause of Abby being muscular, but didnt know who the voice was.

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
These are some dumb and disgusting people.
They don't like a character in the game, so they harass the voice actress. Like what? How stupid are these people?

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
for fuck sake it's a video game character, why in the living hell are people openly threatening to hurt an ACTOR who PLAYS said CHARACTER. geez these so called fans act so entitled, it's getting way too fucking disgusting.

Deleted member 23068

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Insane world we live in. It's a major problem with social media where gutless cowards feel that can't post whatever they want without getting a punch in the mouth for it. Because we know 95% of them wouldn't say it to someone's face.

Absolutely disgusting.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
Internet has really created a mental disconnect for people huh.

I hope she gets love bombed to drown out all the unhinged haters, she did an amazing job as Abby and she shouldn't have to feel unsafe for doing her job.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
This is absurd and despicable. Regardless of how you feel about Abby, Laura Bailey is just doing her job.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
I just don't fucking understand how any of those people can legit feel that way. They need to be banned by twitter (I assume they are?) and then get some fucking mental help. Idiot, baby, man-children. Simply pathetic.

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Completely disgusting, I really don't know what is wrong with some people. They clearly have massive problems in their lives.

I don't think this is unique to gaming though, it's just idiots on Twitter/the Internet.

Aranath

Jan 15, 2018
It's actually quite staggering the level of vitriol the game has produced. Holy shit.

Meanwhile, I'm already playing through it a second time and loving every damn second of it. One of the best games I've ever played. Abby is an amazing character and Laura Bailey knocked it out the damn park with her performance.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Then there's some clowns with clout who act like because it doesnt materially affect people that makes it totally fine. Harassment and death threats are serious shit.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Man what the heck, people on the .. in life are so messed up. How could you bring yourself to send this to anyone, even to think like that to yourself.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really wish there was some AI that just tracked all these people down and exposed their real names to the internet.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Jim Sterling used to read entitled heated gamer commentary in this exaggerated aristocratic voice and I can't help reading some of the shitty comments towards Laura in that voice in my head. It's the de facto shithead gamer voice.

I hope he does a video to expose this shit since he is one of the major progressive voices in the industry.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I hope she has contacted the police. I imagine the worst feeling a parent can have is to have someone threaten your child's life.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
User Banned (2 Weeks): Inappropriate off-topic driveby
Wonder how many threats she got for playing a black woman in U4?

Natec

Oct 25, 2017
It's not like she fucking wrote the story or characters and even if she did this is disgusting. Social Media is the worst.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So many people really don't deserve the media they consume.

I will never understand why anyone, even if they dislike a character, have to go after the people that did the acting involved as if they ARE that person. How fucking delusional.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
It's incidental that it's The Last of Us Part 2. There are people just waiting for an excuse to harass and intimidate women, and popular online personalities that forego level-headed discourse to fuel, normalize and monetize toxicity.

It's just saddening to me now.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Misogyny or any other kind of phobia isn't a mental challenge or a mental health issue, Neil.

Yeah, this.

Not really a fan of the dismissively ableist language in Neil's tweet. There's a problem here, but it's with misogyny and entitlement, and insinuating that entitled abusive fans' behaviour boils down to 'mental health' isn't good.

Atlas_XIX

Oct 29, 2017
I wasn't a fan of the game either but to attack voice actors for just doing their job is absolutely pathetic. Hell sending death threats to anybody working on the game is disgusting as hell it's just a video game what is wrong with people.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Ppl really need to chill when your favorite game, tv show, movie, or whatever takes a narrative twist you don't approve of. It's just a form of media...

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
She's getting DEATH THREATS and still thoughtful enough to black out spoilers.

Social media was a mistake. Hateful randos have way too much access to people with public facing careers.