• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jblanco

Oct 27, 2017
No death threat is justifiable.

But even trying to be in the shoes of these psychopaths... why would you go against the VA? Wouldn't it make more sense to go against the writers? It's not even logical imo

VA is just doing her job, she had no say whatsoever in the creation of the character and/or plot which is what these people hate.

Oct 25, 2017
This shit is crazy, at most you see it with "lesser tier" actors but Bailey is a top tier veteran and probably top 2 of all female voice actors.

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
I never understand the logic of people who point their anger specifically towards actors just reading lines on a script. It would be just as ridiculous to get angry at a coder for making the engine that runs the game.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
These mf's are pathetic. All this shit over a video game? Come on.

I got a question though. Could Laura get in trouble for leaving their names up? Because if not, then why not just leave it?

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I never understand the logic of people who point their anger specifically towards actors just reading lines on a script. It would be just as ridiculous to get angry at a coder for making the engine that runs the game.

These people aren't coherent thinkers. It is a mistake to try to understand the rationality of their actions.

Brucey

Jan 2, 2018
Reminds me of how the cast of game of thrones said Jack Gleeson couldn't walk down the street without getting harassed because of what Joffrey did in the show. Some people just don't live in reality.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
"Sure some of the hate is too far but anyway here are the legitimate reasons why it sucks..."

I've only just started playing the first game on PS4 so I don't know anything about Part II but this kind of anger over a fucking video game is insane and unhealthy.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017

Brigette's voice actress got a ton of hate on social media because when the character game out she was both insanely strong (in the meta) and a buff female character.

I'm consistently surprised by how petty shitty people can be.

Vandal Deca

Oct 21, 2018
Nobody and I mean nobody threatens Chun-Li!

Seriously though, WTF is with people? Do they also watch movies where their favorite characters get abused in some way and then threaten to kill the actor who played the antagonist? I don't understand how detached people have to be from reality to react this way.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Any twitter handle dumb enough to go with their real name should be exposed and lose their jobs for it.
We live in an age where so much inaction and accepting of the status quo of "that's just the internet for ya" has made it seem like it's ok to do this shit. It's honestly time to give the big fat middle finger to people and show them no this isn't ok ever action have consequences.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
I'll never cease being in awe at the stupidity required to leave you equating a character and people playing (part of) them.

Where does one even begin with folks like that.

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't a video game exclusive thing.

This has happened to

Jack Gleeson (Joffrey from GoT)
Kelly Marie Tran (Rose from Star Wars)

I genuinely can't believe people are so fucking inept they can't tell actors from their characters apart.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being such a pathetic loser to harass the actor who plays the character that
killed someone who never existed in the first place.

Imagine being such scum. I truly hate these people. The world would be better off without them.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Real human being >>> our favorite characters.
Those people need mental help.

Don't forget, these are the kind of people Angry Joe is trying to legitimize.

Phellps Don't know if that counts as a spoiler, but I would tag it just to be safe.

Color_Revolt

Oct 28, 2017
This is so fucked up. I want to understand this kind of mentality. I want to hope that people who think this way are redeemable. It's truthfully upsetting.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Directing ire towards anyone listed in the credits is just a clown shoes move all around.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Completely grotesque.

"It's not like she wrote it!"
"why are they doing this to actors?"

you people realize this wouldn't be okay to say to writers either, right?
Of course, that's obvious. Literally no one deserves such comments. But I can see why there's extra bafflement when actors are attacked over fictional characters. Like, what even is the thought process here

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Misogyny or any other kind of phobia isn't a mental challenge or a mental health issue, Neil.

So from all the shit being said, this is the one thing you feel like pointing out?

And it definitely is a mental health issue. Unless you find it normal behaviour/response to send death threats over a virtual character dying in a game....

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
These people are horrible, that kind of attitude will never make sense in my head, we are talking about fictional characters and real human beings who just play them, fucking disgusting.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
I will honestly never understand how people can get so worked up over a video game, hell fiction in general! These people need to be arrested for death threats!

I'm genuinely sad that Laura is going through this.

dpanim

Oct 27, 2017
Why do people always refrain from revealing the usernames of the people who message people this evil shit?

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Creating a game that functions as a empathy test exposed something we already knew:

The majority of gamers are shitty people.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Real human being >>> our favorite characters.
Those people need mental help.

Don't forget, these are the kind of people Angry Joe is trying to legitimize.

Phellps Don't know if that counts as a spoiler, but I would tag it just to be safe.
Yeah, reading it again it might be too obvious. I tagged it, thanks for pointing it out.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Do you really think this is the thread to clutch your pearls over the language Neil used to insult these deranged pieces of shit.
Classifying such acts as issues of mental health is a misconception that contributes to the problem persisting. It's valid to clear up such saying.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is one of those things I'll never understand.

But on the other hand this happens so often it's hardly surprising.