• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Hans_Landa_IB_2009.jpg

Christoph Waltz as Hans Landa

Oct 27, 2017
I always thought Benedict Cumberbatch would be a perfect doctor strange. And then it happened. You are welcome, world
His American accent is painful to listen to.

Otherwise yeah, he's a good fit.

probably doesn't count per the spirit of the thread, but when Zorro with antonio banderas came out i was like ... "wait, didn't this come out like 5 years ago?"

you just automatically assumed him in that role
This is a low-key but excellent choice. Banderas was Zorro to the point it was neither a surprise nor a question that anybody BUT him would play that character.

Last edited:

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Xavier and Magneto were not casted that well imo. Both were too old.

Zedelima

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Jackson in Pulp Fiction
Christopher Waltz in Inglorious Basterds
Henry Carvill as Superman (i mean, they never gave him a lot to play with, but the guy is real life supes)
Deep in Pirates
RDJ as Iron Man
Jackson as Nick Fury
All the LOTR Cast

Deleted member 60295

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 28, 2019
People always mention J.K. Simmons and William Defoe as being perfectly cast in their respective Spider-Man roles, but not enough love is shown to Cliff Robertson and Rosemary Harris from the same movies:

AuntMayUncleBenSpiderMan2002.jpg

They're right out of the fucking comics. That's why it was such a mistake for the Amazing Spider-man reboot to retread the origin story, and why the MCU was smart to go in a completely different direction.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I'm surprised it took someone so long to mention this. I can't imagine anyone else in that role.

I haven't seen this movie in years and while I liked this scene as much as everyone else, I don't think I've ever realized just how surreal and incredible it is until right now

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
I think in hindsight it's easy to say this person was perfect casting because we have seen the end results and grown attachment, especially to a recurrent role. You could switch out every actor portraying the chosen iconic role and we would still be saying the same thing.

Gifmaker

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Dante Basco as Prince Zuko, assuming from the OP that voice cast counts as well.

zukorender.png

His voice is so magnificent.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Ryan Reynolds as DeadPool. Dude basically was born for it.

Heath Ledger for The Joker in TDK, I never really liked Heath before this role, but he nailed it here.

Al Pacino as Tony Montana in Scarface. Dude made every line memorable.

Harrison Ford in BladeRunner. He played the part of miserable asshole detective perfectly. I really can't see anyone else as Deckard.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Another for LotR. I couldn't imagine Sean Connery as Gandalf, let alone Aragorn casted without Viggo (who came in after shooting already started).

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Bill Paxton as Hicks in Aliens. That character is immortalized by his performance.

Edit: err I meant Hudson!

Last edited:

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
afb4d3fd-d9d7-4edb-bc21-355367fdee1c.jpeg

i just started watching parks and rec for the first time and my god is she absolutely perfect as this character.

i'm fairly confident i've never laughed harder for an actress in any movie or tv show ever. i really want to see her in more roles

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'll go a little out there. Ming-Na Wen as Chun-Li in Street Fighter. In a better movie she'd have been a standout alongside Raul Julia. He absolutely NAILED it from an entertainment perspective but obviously wasn't up for the fighting bits due to his health. Ming-Na was easily the most sympathetic character and a legit badass.

Vinci

Oct 29, 2017

If only the writing on Thrones had been half as good as the casting and acting...

Pedro was a standout, but so much of the casting was great.

God, I loved him in that show. He was so, so good. Hell, I loved Dinklage's Tyrion, but Pedro owned that past so hard I almost forgot about him at times.

So one person that never gets credit in these types of threads but absolutely should is Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday. I'm really not sure how anyone else could have pulled that role off the way he did:

Absolutely yes.