• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ed Norton in Kingdom of Heaven. Not only do you never see his face, but it's a nothing part and he crushes it and actually makes you feel for the weighty decisions he has to make. Add to this that he's the second most famous actor in the whole movie behind Jeremy Irons.

Deleted member 60295

Banned
Sep 28, 2019
0a432353b5cdda3e2406fa064e8bc3ad.gif

Oh hell yes. He made Ronan so much more entertaining. Way more memorable than Malekeith from Thor 2 The Dark World as a result. Helped that most of Ronan's scenes weren't left on the cutting room floor, and so he got plenty of moments where he wrecked shit while being a bombastic zealot. Smashing a Nova Corps' member's skull in his very first scene, casually killing The Other from the first Avengers movie, curbstomping Drax, betraying Thanos after grabbing an infinity stone with his bare hands, and finally wrecking the entire Nova Corps' fleet.

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
Tim Curry in Home Alone 2.

His lines, as they are written, are totally forgettable. His delivery and facial expressions on the other hand are fantastic.

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
giphy.gif

Frank Langella as Skeletor
Dude gave it his all.
God almighty. I was a teenager when the Masters of The Universe came out. I didn't see it when it came out in the movie theaters because I thought how utterly stupid it would be. A few years later it came out on cable and I was just blown away with Frank Langella performance. The man was Skeletor.

And Nixon! 😮

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
Gary Oldman in Hannibal, the film. Not a great film by any means but he acts his ass off whilst in a wheelchair and underneath several layers of prosthetics and make up.

Deleted member 29237

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
You are all amazing people. I took my son to see Sonic this afternoon and was about to create this exact thread and list a load of these same example! Carrey was giving 100% for sure and if there was an Oscar for best effort he would certainly be my choice. He absolutely sold that movie and I can't wait to get it on Blu Ray and watch it again :)

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Knew this was about Sonic. That was one of my favorite movie going experiences in a long time. It was like when Mad Max came out. I just sat up with my jaw on the floor. It that movie it was because of the direction. In Sonic JC just went apeshit and everyone in the place loved him.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F170419102955-de-niro---godfather.jpg

Robert De Niro made the film what it is as far as I'm concerned. One of the main reasons why people would make the argument it's better than the first is because of his portrayal of Vito Corleone's rise to power.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much every main actor still involved with Fear the Walking Dead. Alycia Debnam-Carey, Lenny James, Colman Domingo, and the rest do the best with the absolute shit material they're given nowadays.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
c50e7fcc2bc782b39101c44118c61de5.jpg

I thought he was great as Hades in Clash of the Titans. Liam Neeson was great as Zeus too.

But the rest of the movie was a bit meh.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
I also appreciate how much pure energy Benicio Del Toro infuses into all of his performances. He even managed to add a sufficient amount of generalized weirdness into what would otherwise be a forgettable cash-grab appearence in Guardians of the Galaxy.
IpjGX.gif

Oct 27, 2017
I love Death Stranding, but Tommie Earl Jenkins qualifies for this thread as Die-Hardman:

bQ9u9Ko.jpg

He has a moment at the end that is easily the best video game acting I have ever seen.

Dec 16, 2017
m.youtube.com

Pepper Boy - SNL

An incompetent apprentice Pepper Boy (Adam Sandler) learns the sensual art of grinding pepper from an old master (Dana Carvey). With Janeane Garofalo, Tim Me...

Chris Farley in this skit kills with his one line.

Jan 15, 2018
Ashton Kucher in Jobs, the movie is terrible, but Kucher destroys the role. He nails all the mannerisms, the hand movements, the voice, his pacing, they even did a pretty good job of making him look like the guy.

Kid Night

Oct 27, 2017
OH cool, the pretty much everybody in Good Burger thread.

Seriously, it seems like everybody had a great time making Good Burger and it shows.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I love Death Stranding, but Tommie Earl Jenkins qualifies for this thread as Die-Hardman:

bQ9u9Ko.jpg

He has a moment at the end that is easily the best video game acting I have ever seen.

Most of the Death Stranding cast deserves to be in this thread. Outside of some exceptions (Lea Seydoux phoned it in quite a bit, Reedus simply can't emote as much as he really should and the majority of the non-famous cast was pretty eh) that game's actors really elevated what was, in general, some really poor dialogue.

Oct 28, 2017
giphy.webp

Rip Torn stole the show in Freddy Got Fingered as Gord's father. His role in nearly every scene qas to scream and break shit, and he clearly had the time of his life. RIP Mr. Torn.