• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
De Niro likes Buttigieg and Bloomberg

Though I do not know much about De Niro's background or political history, I'm not exactly surprised when a rich old white guy endorses someone like Buttigieg.

But a fairly young black guy like Key? Endorsing the failed mayor of South Bend who polls at virtually 0 with minorities? Yeah, it's a head-scratcher.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
it's okay to admit you don't follow the primary because it's a circus of stupid, but feigning ignorance and confusion at people being mildly irritated by this with some underhanded calls for unity/civility sprinkled on top doesn't make you seem like a high minded intellectual, just uninformed.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
4us7.gif

Oct 25, 2017
And? He can endorse whoever the fuck he likes as long as it isn't Trump.

For real. Also his overall endorsement is irrelevant. This isn't going to swing the race either way.

But I feel had he endorsed a certain someone else this thread would be going very differently.

Don't be shocked when black celebs and seniors start to endorse Bloomberg yall.

Deleted member 82

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My wife and I were talking about this today and we couldn't find anything

His appeal is that he's young, slick, and doesn't overtly stand for anything while appearing like he does. He's an uncontroversial centrist - to the non-observer anyway. In a more contested field (i.e. with better opponents outside of Bernie) this wouldn't help him, but in this very specific set of unexciting candidates, he falsely seems like a breath of fresh air who'll renew the field. The same could be said about Klobuchar, honestly.

i.e. he's your Macron, except he's operating inside the party instead of outside like Macron did.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like nobody will care just like chappelle endorsing yang.

Can we just all get behind bernie please. Everything else is a waste of time.

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What is Pete's appeal?

The dude is smart and knows how to communicate. I actually liked him before he made the face-heel turn around the time he started blasting Warren on M4A (consequently this is also around the time his support started to skyrocket. Blech.)

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
His stuff. Lol.

Dude came out the gate saying he would approach issues from a progressive standpoint and has since eroded any goodwill he was trying to get by, well, doing everything wrong. I'm sure his big money donors, corporate ties and McKinsey influence expect real progressive change from him, right?

No real reason:
www.youtube.com

Former Mayor Pete Buttigieg - SOME MORE NEWS

Today's News is for all the parents who are thinking about voting for former mayor Pete Buttigieg.Support SOME MORE NEWS: http://www.patreon.com/SomeMoreNews...

I mean, don't bother.

People ignore any legitimate discussion about why Pete is a toilet. They do it in every single thread with his name in it.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I think we can pretty much all agree it should be Bernie or Warren, and not a centrist. But given the centrist candidates, Buttigieg's main problem is that he's kind of boring. It's not DINOs creepy Joe and racist oligarch.

There's a big chance the nom lands on Buttigieg, and if it does, let me say on behalf of the sanity of the rest of the world, yall better not repeat 2016. Stop eating each other up FFS.

GottaBelieve

May 11, 2019
I think we can pretty much all agree it should be Bernie or Warren, and not a centrist. But given the centrist candidates, Buttigieg's main problem is that he's kind of boring. It's not DINOs creepy Joe and racist oligarch.

There's a big chance the nom lands on Buttigieg, and if it does, let me say on behalf of the sanity of the rest of the world, yall better not repeat 2016. Stop eating each other up FFS.

Pete is not a centrist, based on policy proposals.

Deleted member 19844

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
What is Pete's appeal?
His sexuality gives people "woke" points.

The same kind of people that would chant "More female drone pilots!"

Also, he's protecting the interests of rich liberals, without the obvious bullshit of supporting a Republican.
He's a minority (gay) while being a majority (white). People will seem "progressive" while still "playing it safe."

Warren is my preferred candidate, but it looks like it's going to be Bernie against Pete, so I'm gonna go with Bernie.
The large majority of people don't calculate their preference by how they will seem to other people or by how many woke points they can get. It's basically this:
The dude is smart and knows how to communicate. I actually liked him before he made the face-heel turn around the time he started blasting Warren on M4A (consequently this is also around the time his support started to skyrocket. Blech.)
He's a moderate who's really smart and communicates well. That's about it.

Dr Funk PhD

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
We can do better than this. Just because someone is a Democrat doesn't mean they're not a bad candidate. IMO not supporting medicare for all does, on some level, represent a moral failing. I realize that's a hot take or whatever but it's what I truly and honestly believe.

This is ludicrous. It is not a moral failing to support another flavour of left then your flavour of left.

Status
Not open for further replies.