• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019

"The company, however to much surprise, has not acknowledged which development team is working on the 2020 Call of Duty game — which is unusual for the company. They've always mentioned the development studio during this conference call for the year's game."

"The company says the new title has been "generating high interest internally" with internal play tests. "We feel great about the content" that is coming."

Here's extra stuff from their investors call:

"Activision President Rob Kostich says that cross play has enabled friends from years to re-unite in Call of Duty. Also says that removing the Season Pass & removing Supply Drops has led to engagement in-game increasing significantly."

"Activision Blizzard says Modern Warfare's new in-game monetization system led to "higher engagement and in game revenue" compared to Black Ops 4's first few months."

"Activision Blizzard generated over $3.3 billion in revenue from microtransactions in 2019"

According to Jason Schreier this year's new Call of Duty is a brand new Black Ops game set in the Cold War era. It's being developed by Treyarch after Sledgehammer and Raven had issues.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ZHmDaFT.png

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
The best selling yearly franchise of the decade confirma a new entry. Wow. I wonder if it'll keep performing this insanely good throughout this decade as well.

NoWayOut

Oct 27, 2017
I'm shocked! Now I will keep my fingers crossed, hoping EA will confirm they will release FIFA 2021 next year.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Kinda sad those games don't get longer active life to be honest. I love Modern Warfare and would be ok to have it get content for the next 2 years. That would let the next game have some time to be made correctly and without too much rush.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Cod pros were complaining about a patch dropping shortly before the cdl launch when a whole fucking new game comes out every year. LMFAO

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fool me seven or eight times Activision...

No really, I'm not buying again. Modern Warfare was cool, but screw this never ending 1 year cycle.

Also the previous one (black ops) was complete shit.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Just to recap, there will be a new Call Of Duty this year. Treyarch will be making it, due to SHG going off the rails or something. Treyarch just made Black Ops 4, which released in 2018. This gives them only two years to develop and release a feature rich game.

Oh, and next gen consoles are releasing this holiday as well.

May god have mercy on the souls of those developers.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
The water is wet...New COD is coming this fall...

____

Btw, Black Ops 5? (With story mode...i hope)

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Not expecting any significant leap from MW2019, the game that holds the record for overheating my PS4 Pro more than any other (but like, in the main menus, so wtf). Especially if it's running on the same engine. Still, it's a nice engine (never more obvious than when compared to the burning heap that BO4 is running on) and I'll be curious to see what improvements they can bring with the next gen version.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
if there was ever gonna be a year CoD skips, I figured it'd be this one due to the supposedly shorter dev cycle due to SHG being taken off the project and MW's huge success. Guess not.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Uhhh shouldn't they be talking about Battle Royale for Modern Warfare right about now? I could've sworn I read somewhere it should've been out already.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
You know, It would be way more shocking if there wasn't a new COD at this point.

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
Why they just don't keep milking the same game? Like GTA V

COD is one of those rare franchises that gets away with being a GAAS game with yearly releases. So they can get people to pay $60 every year while also having a battle pass system and monetized grind. They'll never change if it continues to make them mega profits.

Only FIFA, NBA 2K, and Pokemon can match them on this regard. If the fans of these franchises want change they need to vote with their wallets and maintain a high level of activism over a long period. But they don't. So nothing changes.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
COD is one of those rare franchises that gets away with being a GAAS game with yearly releases. So they can get people to pay $60 every year while also having a battle pass system and monetized grind. They'll never change if it continues to make them mega profits.

Only FIFA, NBA 2K, and Pokemon can match them on this regard. If the fans of these franchises want change they need to vote with their wallets and maintain a high level of activism over a long period. But they don't. So nothing changes.

Well, a lot has changed. Black ops 4 monetization is 100times worse and more disgusting than MW's. And finally there's no paywall for maps.