• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019

I can't put more than 4 tweets in the post so I'll post this one here. This is good of Activision.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
I haven't felt this ways since COD4 but...I'm kinda good with the one that's out now. Heck Modern Warfare is one of my favorite games of the generation! I kinda don't wanna move on. But that's the nature of the series.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
They also said that two titles are also coming this year from their "library" of IPs
EXSCyU8WAAglb3B

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
It's time for Game Devs to go remote permanently

Who's with me
Nah, while it's possible to work from home. I think actually being in the same environment with your coworkers and having in-person staff meetings are important too. Maybe split the time between home and the office but they shouldn't just never go back to the studios.

Oct 25, 2017
Press F to doubt

Treyarch rushing a next gen game and the support studios working on Warzone instead of assisting sounds like it's going to be a disaster of a launch.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Drop the Sony exclusive deal and make me happy

Also, I'm worried the next COD will not be as fun to shoot guns with as Modern Warfare which is just amazing controls for me. Imo

Yoss

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Why would Activision need to cover medical costs? Do employees get health care? Maybe he means lost hourly wages due to testing or something

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Yearly franchise and GaaS / heavy cosmetic grind just doesn't mix. I wish Modern Warfare would have had more room to breathe than a single year

StrapOnFetus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TX
Still blows my mind Call Of Duty has not been ported to Switch. Just a complete waste, even if it was just digital only.

Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
Yearly franchise and GaaS / heavy cosmetic grind just doesn't mix. I wish Modern Warfare would have had more room to breathe than a single year

As long as people continue to buy these yearly COD games Actitivison ain't gonna say no. They're greedy as fuck.

At least they're not as bad as 2K is with NBA2K, which has every conceivable revenue generator a video game could have all in one game. They have lootboxes, special editions, pre-order bonuses, pay-to-win DLC, paid currencies, and in-game ads. Wouldn't surprise me if season passes/ battle passes arrive some day.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
See, this is what discourages me from staying actively engaged with Warzone. I love the game but I don't own Modern Warfare and I'm concerned the support won't last another annual CoD. I even voiced this on the subreddit at one point but MW fans disagreed and insisted that its proximity to MW is important for reasons.

Hopefully with the popularity of Warzone they'll end up making each annual CoD compatible with Warzone, maybe even changing the map to reflect the setting of the current CoD. I'd actually be down with that.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
I legit don't want this. Modern Warfare is great and the constant stream of content has been amazing. I dont want the population to die!

Specially since we don't have community servers, only matchmaking.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had to see if Bobby Kotick was still CEO cause the thread was making it seem like he was he-who-must-not-be-named

Oct 27, 2017
I love it. They put out multiple battle passes and a bunch of cosmetics for operators, stuff they cost quite a bit of money and investment, then they release another game each year like clockwork rendering the one you're investing all of your time in obsolete within a year.

The current game is just getting warmed up.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm worried, but Treyarch, even when they delivered problematic products (eg. BO4) always knew how to balance a game far better than Infinity Ward or Sledgehammer. Modern Warfare's balance at launch was hilariously bad. Treyarch's COD only needs to avoid that and it will almost automatically better.

Robert

Nov 15, 2017
Hopefully Activision understands this time around that the game doesn't actually have to be good, it just needs to launch without a hitch to be considered good.

(please delay it if it's going to cause monumental QA issues like the launch of Black Ops 4, give them more time)