• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
we talking more the Activision side or the Blizzard side...
Diablo is already getting the sequel. Shadowlands is on its way already, Overwatch 2 is coming, etc. for Blizzard.

Wouldn't mind some Acti side remasters/reimagined titles though.

Oct 29, 2017
I fucking hate so much that whenever I see "Blizzard" I have the old school Pavlovian response of old of getting excited only to suddenly be reminded that they are Activision now and scummier than ever before.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Does Activision have any studios outside of Blizzard, King and the Call of Dury factories actually making new game and IPs?

Oct 27, 2017
WoW classic new content?
Aside the fact that It's probably gold token and level boost paid bullshit, The whole appeal is the game is to be as it was in 2005/2006, if they start making more stuff it wont be WoW classic.

I'm fine with TBC servers, just make them separate servers with free one way character transfers, and leave the people who want vanilla classic alone.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's time...
220px-Tenchu_Wrath_of_Heaven.jpg

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
Classic Sierra Adventure game collections please!

Space Quest
King's Quest
Police Quest
Quest for Glory
Colonel's Bequest / Dagger of Amon Ra
Leisure Suit Larry
Hoyle's Classic Card Games
Code Name: Ice Man
Etc.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
WoW classic new content?
Aside the fact that It's probably gold token and level boost paid bullshit, The whole appeal is the game is to be as it was in 2005/2006, if they start making more stuff it wont be WoW classic.

I'm fine with TBC servers, just make them separate servers with free one way character transfers, and leave the people who want vanilla classic alone.

The problem is a lot of WoW Classic players don't want BC, which plays incredibly differently from Vanilla. Then again, I'm a player who likes Retail and I really don't want developers/resources to be taken off Shadowland's team.

So... *shrug*

Athrum

Oct 18, 2019
Man, if only they would remake WC3.
Also, some sources told me D2 was in talks to be remastered.

Oct 27, 2017
The problem is a lot of WoW Classic players don't want BC, which plays incredibly differently from Vanilla. Then again, I'm a player who likes Retail and I really don't want developers/resources to be taken off Shadowland's team.

So... *shrug*
Personally I have no interest in playing BC either, but I have seen more then few comments from others asking for BC servers and I think that is what everyone assumed Blizz would attempt to do next, not release entirely new and original content for WoW classic.

I am worried about the possibility of paid level boosts and gold tokens, that would completely change the dynamic on the game and ruin it for me.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Not unless the reach a licensing deal with The Hawk again.

They recently pointlessly sponsored a concert event Tony ran that had bands whose songs were featured in the THPS series. Can't imagine why they'd throw money at that event unless they were already in bed with him again.

EDIT: I saw this ages and ages ago on Twitter. Was back in 2019 somewhere. The concert might not have happened yet. I'm trying to dig it back up and having no luck. I remember it because I had a conversation with a friend about it at length lol

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
By "reimagining" I think they mean those rumored Tony Hawk remakes.

For "remasters", I think a Transformers Collection (War and Fall, just two games) makes sense. Transformers license should be much easier to reacquire unlike marvel or Bond.

Also I can see porting them Prototype games to Switch.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I'd really love a remastered Guitar Hero Collection to be honest, or a Guitar Hero game that plays just like the classic ones with as many songs from the games fit into it.

Very very low chance of happening due to music copyrights and stuff but it would be awesome for me. Especially since RB4's DLC has been very miss for me lately.

Also a Tony Hawk's Underground 1 and 2 Remastered Collection pls but that's another low chance one since Tony would need to give the ok.

Kaim Argonar

Dec 8, 2017
Imagine if all of them have the same love, care and finantial investment of the beloved Warcraft III: Reforged.

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
Expected nothing more from Activision. Zero ideas, just redo the same old shit ad nauseum.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater and Modern Warfare 2 remasters are more than confirmed.

I'm interested if we will see more remastered / reimagined previous Spyro and Crash games.

Wrath of Cortex and Twinsanity reimaginings could have a lot of potential for a great package.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Speaking of which- whatever happened to the much rumored Modern Warfare 2 Remaster that a lot of insiders claimed was on the way a few years back? Also, finally Singularity's time to shine! <3

And as others said, Blur was a great game that could be fun again.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I was going to say Tenchu, but FromSoftware own it now I think.

Call of Duty is an obvious one.

Tony Hawk would be nice, but hopefully whichever they remaster they are better than the remaster of THPS1 from 2012.

SFenton

Nov 10, 2017
I think that there is zero chance that it's Guitar Hero. Pipe dream with the performance of Live and rock based games in general this gen.

Deleted member 8784

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tony Hawks Underground remade completely from the ground-up please. I need a gritty and dark narrative, but must also need to collect floating yellow SKATE letters faster than Eric Sparrow (who's probably voiced by Troy Baker).

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017
The main publishers are already running out of new and creative ideas, this will only further speed up that process.

Almost all of the big hitters are releasing sequels to franchises and/or remasters, we don't need any more imo.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
Well one is definitely MW2 because that has been leaked for months. It would also seem that MW3 is a part of this effort as well.

I would love a proper Tony Hawks UDG 1&2 remaster

DeepBlueDay

Jan 10, 2020
Blur in HDR with 60fps (or was it 60 already last gen?) ... Oh my god. 60 € right here for you , Activision.