• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't you be able to find his contacts within Outlook contacts or whatever they're using? Strange.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
There... was probably a better way. I can't imagine the pressure lol.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
"Please use this number if you see a photoshop of me with devil horns"

Sorry if this is in bad taste, it was just too easy ^^

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
If it's a work cell, wouldn't everyone in the company be able to contact him anyway? I can view everyone's work phone numbers in our company address book. This seems a bit like a PR move.
That info typically goes to email addresses or phone numbers managed by assistants, if they even list anything at all.
Oh, I didn't realize It could be that with the CEO. Seems strange because I know my VP's numbers are legit, but I guess every company is different.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Not if he or his executive assistant didn't put it in there no. Filling out personal contact fields in Outlook is entirely optional.

It is? OK. I remember being able to find _everyone_, even the CEO, of a Fortune 500 company I used to work for. Maybe different company policies, I guess.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nice gesture and all, but this seems like a highly inefficient way to handle 10,000 employees with concerns.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
This is probably that app celebrities use to "share" their personal cell number. It's an automated service that sits between your real number and the new number you can give out.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure this is a cell number specifically for this purpose. Also, while I expect him to get calls from more senior people I don't expect a lot of calls coming from junior level. I expect the lower level folks would be more comfortable reaching out to HR than calling the CEO.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
sending dick pics to the boss when you're bored.

Jk, it's probably not even his personal phone

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Is it actually his phone number or more like emailing Jeff Bezos? Jeff Bezos gives out his email address but he doesn't actually respond to it, he has people that do that.

EscoBlades

Banned
May 31, 2019
Toronto
It is? OK. I remember being able to find _everyone_, even the CEO, of a Fortune 500 company I used to work for. Maybe different company policies, I guess.

To be clear, you usually provide a non work number that your manager, HR or Senior Management can reach you on, in case of emergencies. But there are usually permissions as to who can view personal info within the company. I can't see my CEOs cellphone number cos... i have zero reason to hit up his cell lol

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I'm going to guess that the flood of texts will actually be handled by an HR intern who has the account linked to their laptop.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine texting the boss "Hey broski, up for some COD?"

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Rich folks love their art lol. Nice little collection there.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man. I mean, it's a nice gesture but... yeah. I remember the old CEO of my workplace (the world's fifth largest telecom company or so) had an open mobile number so people could call him directly.

Deleted member 25834

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
PR stunt, because unless you yourself are an exec, you wouldn't dare contact the CEO directly.

It's one of those weird invisible barriers that no one feels comfortable crossing.

Deleted member 10612

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't you be able to find his contacts within Outlook contacts or whatever they're using? Strange.
This, I could call up "my" CEO if I wanted to.

Bob here knows how the corporate world operates, no one is going to call him lol. That's why you have multiple chains of command at these companies.

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
This is not really that weird? Maybe the cell phone number thing specifically, but wanting to appear available to all employees (whether de facto true or not) via slack, zoom, popping by the office, 'getting lunch', etc is a typical CEO maneuver. It is internal pr as many have said. Leadership accessibility is not meaningful really though unless people feel like they can actually access it without repurcussion and that they feel that meaningful change could come from it, which are both huge caveats.

BumbleChump

Aug 19, 2018
"Gimme a call if you want to get fired" seriously who is gonna have the guts to call the CEOs cellphone and not expect to get fired?

Oct 28, 2017
Work at a BIG4 accounting firm so (200K+ employees world wide). I have access to the phone number of the global CEO.

Doubt anyone is calling him though, nor do I expect people to call Bobby Kotick.

Honestly, though if you need to contact CEO directly there something really wrong at your org (unless it's a smaller company).