• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
My little brother just called me from a gas station next to the Town Center fashion mall in Boca Raton, FL, hearing gun fire, seeing people running and fleets of cop cars heading towards the mall.

I just got off the phone with my little brother in #bocaraton Florida. It seems to be the case that there is an active shooter at the Town Center Mall. He was on his way into work when he heard the gun shots and saw people running everywhere.

Note: I am not this twitter poster. I guess we both got calls from our little brothers.

Was there just a couple days ago. It never stops.

Last edited:

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Hope your brother is ok and able to get safe. Thoughts to anyone caught up in it.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Not enough people telling the confused bystanders "IT'S A FUCKING SHOOTING, GET OUT OF HERE, GO HOME"

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck. My mom goes to this mall fucking ALL THE TIME. I called her and she said she was going to go today, but she had a rough day on a jet ski because of the rain and decided to stay home.

Fuck, man.

Fuck.

qaopjlll

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure I went there for lunch one day last time I was in Florida visiting my family. Damn. Hope everyone's safe.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine there would be more twitter reports if it was a mass shooting. Its probably a handgun incident or something.

reporting local news;
'According to a person inside Lululemon at the time of the shooting, the gunfire sounded like pops and not like an automatic weapon. '

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The airport by my house. The high school I graduated from. And now the fucking mall I go to.

Fuck the NRA and their bullshit. Why should my family and I have to fear for our lives wherever we go?

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
The airport by my house. The high school I graduated from. And now the fucking mall I go to.

Fuck the NRA and their bullshit. Why should my family and I have to fear for our lives wherever we go?

damn. Yeah I feel like the majority of Americans will be able to relate to a mass shooting on some level soon, I was working on the Vegas strip the night of Mandalay Bay for fucks sake.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I imagine there would be more twitter reports if it was a mass shooting. Its probably a handgun incident or something.

reporting local news;
'According to a person inside Lululemon at the time of the shooting, the gunfire sounded like pops and not like an automatic weapon. '
Those rifles aren't automatic anyways usually. They're just more deadly

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
My sister works at that mall, so this is terrifying to hear about. She's off today thankfully...

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Not enough people telling the confused bystanders "IT'S A FUCKING SHOOTING, GET OUT OF HERE, GO HOME"
It's a tough situation though. Obviously sticking around a gunman who is targeting people indiscriminately isn't a good thing. Last night my wife's nephew was at the State Fair in Columbia, SC though and there was an active shooter scare. He got to the house and was like "It was crazy. Everyone started running; people left their kids on the rides they were on and just took off. People with their kids were getting knocked to the ground and trampled over" and showed us video he took on his phone. I immediately got online and checked the Columbia news and saw that there wasn't actually a shooter but some people, deputies apparently said it was believed that they were a group of young people, just started running through the crowds and yelling that there was an active shooter. It incited a panic and people got injured.

No one knows what to do. And that's what makes our entire problem with guns in this country so shitty and scary and enraging. Kids have to get active shooter training in school now. Some workplaces like offices provide training for if an active shooter is in their specific building. Columbia is a huge Army city because of Fort Jackson and guaranteed had a ton of soldiers or vets in attendance at the fair last night who have received lots of active shooter training. But really, no one knows what they will do. Even a "good guy with a gun" Dirty Harry-wannabe who is out in a public space like a mall with their family is going to forget everything and run or freeze or whatever.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017

Blame the politicians who sell our lives for cash. They are the ones allowing lax laws. Vote them all out. Take away their power.