• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NeoGold123

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Not to excuse or make light of the completely inexcusable gun violence that occurs in America, but keep in mind that a good amount of those mass shootings are gang violence and not random indiscriminate killings in public places. And not that that is great either, but it is different than random mass shootings.
That is quite true. An unfortunate and sad situation all around, really.

People targeting cops with a long gun is a daily occurrence?
Oh, no not that. My apologies, seemed like you were referring to shootings in general.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
So I was listening to the live feed, they do not have the situation contained yet right? Seems like not that much radio chatter for what is still considered an active incident. Or do I have my facts wrong?

I am from NJ, have friends in the area, so do have a vested interest in the whole situation.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I was listening to the live feed, they do not have the situation contained yet right? Seems like not that much radio chatter for what is still considered an active incident. Or do I have my facts wrong?

I am from NJ, have friends in the area, so do have a vested interest in the whole situation.

Situation doesn't sound contained.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Huh. Google Maps is pinpointing the shooting. Never seen them do that before.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
I was listening to the feed like 30 minutes ago, and they said 2 shooters were down at some point. So i had assumed it was over, is it not?

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Neat. A little over a mile from my apartment. Awesome. Totally rad.

Fuck anyone who doesn't believe in strict gun control laws.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any clue as to whether this was an ambush, or a robbery gone wrong?

It's a developing story, so who knows. This is what our local news says:

At least two shooters were firing from a storefront on MLK at anyone who passed by. It is believed that one other person was shot inside the store, JC Kosher Supermarket, located at 223 MLK Drive.

The two shooters, a man and a woman, were dressed in black. They arrived in the area in a U-Haul van, each carrying long guns into the supermarket, police said in radio transmissions. At 2:44 p.m. police reported in radio transmissions that "pipe bombs" were located in the U-Haul.

As always, most early reports are wrong so we'll see

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
From the updated nj.com piece:
The two shooters, a man and a woman, were dressed in black. They arrived in the area in a U-Haul van, each carrying long guns into the supermarket, police said in radio transmissions. At 2:44 p.m. police reported in radio transmissions that "pipe bombs" were located in the U-Haul.

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Neat. A little over a mile from my apartment. Awesome. Totally rad.

Fuck anyone who doesn't believe in strict gun control laws.
Also near the university where I went to school because I recognized the area as part of the bus route I took. Stay safe!
I mean I read about much smaller crimes in that area but then I see "President Trump briefed" and I'm like wtf

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Used to live there and still know people who do, a fucking long gun from a bodega jesus christ.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Scary situation. Watching the ABC stream now.
They are talking about all 43 schools are still locked down and will remain locked down until the All Clear, as expected.

I'm just glad President Trump has been briefed and is on top of the situation!
..../s

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Thanks for the quick response. This all sounds like a suicide mission to me
I know speculation isn't helpful in these situations, but the store in question seems to be a small kosher supermarket, next door to a synagogue. It's possible there's a religious angle involved. But obviously we should wait until we hear the facts. There hasn't been any reported news on that potential angle, as far as I've seen.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
I have never seen a Turnpike exit shut down before. It looks like they're locking down the entire city.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not to excuse or make light of the completely inexcusable gun violence that occurs in America, but keep in mind that a good amount of those mass shootings are gang violence and not random indiscriminate killings in public places. And not that that is great either, but it is different than random mass shootings.
It's still random and indiscriminate for innocent bystanders catching strays :-(

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait it hasn't been contained yet?

Oct 27, 2017
I know speculation isn't helpful in these situations, but the store in question seems to be a small kosher supermarket, next door to a synagogue. It's possible there's a religious angle involved. But obviously we should wait until we hear the facts. There hasn't been any reported news on that potential angle, as far as I've seen.
Until we know more I will keep my guesses to myself, but the place and lack of a theft motive so far could make one wonder.

My heart breaks for that cops family, 5 kids have had their lives ruined in a moment. What a shit-show this country is some days