• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Stewart buttering up Maguire like a buffoon about leaks when Maguire already hinted he thought they came from the white house lol

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ for a party that hates gay people Republicans sure love fellating their own

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
Ok but the implication here is that the president can withhold whistleblower complaints about him interfering in elections simply by claiming executive privilege.

And I agree, this is where we have a constitutional crisis.

I agree, it's a misstep. House Dems think Maguire went to the White House to warn the President, and while 99.9% of the time they'd be right, I'm not sure that's what happened here. Now Republicans are changing their tune and get him on their side.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
I'll be home soon, is this interesting enough to listen to while winding down or is it just Rs with bad takes and complete non-replies?

Dec 31, 2017
What I LOVE.....

When they ask him a question that can be a troubling to the president, he says I am sorry that is protected by privilege.

When they ask him a question that can help the president, he says "while our conversations are usually protected by privilege, but I can say an emphatic NO!"

Wut?!?!
yeah, noticed this as well

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
Your reminder: Maguire's testimony is largely inconsequential.

The complaint itself was credible and it still alleges an impeachable offense, one which is almost entirely public record at this point.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
Ok but the implication here is that the president can withhold whistleblower complaints about him interfering in elections simply by claiming executive privilege.

This is one of the biggest thing I hope the American people can learn from the Trump presidency, We have taken so much for granted, so many laws and loop holes around the presidency that never needed to be looked at or questioned because we haven't had someone like TRUMP in office before.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think Maguire is playing to the GOP as much as some of you claim. He's trying to look professional and follow his lawyers advice. If you expected him to come out and say, "Arrest Trump! Impeach him!" you're crazy. He's a company man and he's going to follow that procedure regardless of if it's moral, neutral, or favors one or the other.

Zaeia

Jan 3, 2018
These are career lawmakers. He's just like Mueller, he won't say what he truly thinks because he believes its not his place to do so.

Then why is he serving! A public administrator is to preserve the constitution and the union. His actions run absolutely contrary to that. It seems his 3-point integrity system doesn't have implications for his own actions taken under the direction of the president. His sequence of actions directly undermines our democracy. Yes administrators are appointed and technically he is tangential to executive power, but his obligation is to the state. He deffered out safet for like schiff said weeks because of his very personal and careless judgment which he passes of as law-abiding behavior.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
"Holy water? I'd like to point out that is not literal, and we don't appreciate you weaving wild fictions about vetting including holy water."

Contramann

Oct 27, 2017
"I can't talk about this lawyer and his role"

"Well the President's transcript mentions him several times."

"I can't speak if it's valid or not"

"Well Maguire it's within the Transcript released. It can't be questioned."

Edit: Maguire trying to blow off one of the biggest issues with the whole scandal here like it's nothing.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Then why is he serving! A public administrator is to preserve the constitution and the union. His actions run absolutely contrary to that. It seems his 3-point integrity system doesn't have implications for his own actions taken under the direction of the president. His sequence of actions directly undermines our democracy. Yes administrators are appointed and technically he is tangential to executive power, but his obligation is to the state. He deffered out safet for like schiff said weeks because of his very personal and careless judgment which he passes of as law-abiding behavior.

He interprets it as following the law and there were two conflicting laws. He took his time to make sure he wasn't directly going to be held responsible for breaking a massive scandal that was against the law. Like or not, he sees himself as a machine function, not as a independent compass of morality. It's absolutely frustrating, but that's the worldview of people like this.

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't think Maguire is playing to the GOP as much as some of you claim. He's trying to look professional and follow his lawyers advice. If you expected him to come out and say, "Arrest Trump! Impeach him!" you're crazy. He's a company man and he's going to follow that procedure regardless of if it's moral, neutral, or favors one or the other.

We know we just hate that people like that exist.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
clarkkentnbk0p.jpg
This guy looks like a Hollywood actor but I dont remember the name. Anyone know.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
I think he knows he fucked up, but he'll never admit it. I've gotten the impression that he tried to follow the law, and for someone in his position that's what he'd feel is the most important thing.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Oh my god this fucking sentiment that you can't report a crime you didn't personally witness firsthand despite having solid evidence of that crime needs to die

Contramann

Oct 27, 2017
Does it matter if the Whistleblower was personally there when the Transcript proves they're completely correct?

YO, FINALLY THE DEMOCRATS ARE FINALLY ASKING THE GOOD QUESTIONS!

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
I have to admit that Schiff's parody was BS. I had missed a tiny bit of the audio and took as true (I mean it's trump, he says dumber shit than that). He shouldn't have done that.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
For a moment it's weird to see a Republican who isn't an old white guy, but then I remember Hurd is retiring next year and was the only black Republican member of the House.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
I hope they are bringing Michael Atkinson in front of this committee because it seems like he is the one who actually did investigating, this guy Maguire just facilitated the process and doesn't know shit.