• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting on the status of the collector's edition from Amazon.
Your order still has no update/release date as well? I ordered the LE for my friend who loves the game & despite coming out tomorrow, still haven't gotten an update. Really hope it's just due to being a Labor Day weekend.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
"You can never shake the feeling of playing a single player version of some action mode for the game WoW on a pirated server."

This is exactly what KoA felt like to me. An empty MMO world with action gameplay.

Shadow Walker

Oct 27, 2017
Your order still has no update/release date as well? I ordered the LE for my friend who loves the game & despite coming out tomorrow, still haven't gotten an update. Really hope it's just due to being a Labor Day weekend.
I tried emailing Amazon last week but never got a response. I ordered it for my wife since she was a big fan of the ps3 version. As long as it arrives sometime and doesn't get out right canceled.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
if its just a simple remaster why didnt they put it on Switch then? It's a 360 game.

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Got it all from CohhCarnage's sponsored stream here:

Oh well that explains why he's been putting a lot of time into this game. He's always hated the idea of WoW because he was hardcore EQ player but ehh I also played EQ hardcore for years until WoW beta came out and moved over just fine mostly following the raiding community FoH/Afterlife/Conquest/LoS/etc. Enjoyed his EQ nostalgia streams though.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Always wanted to play this but I never got the chance. I own it on PC but it's hard for me to game on my laptop these days. I would probably pick it up if Mario wasn't coming out in two weeks.

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
Regardless of the mild tech upgrades If they added a truly brutal difficult mode, then this is a game no action adventure player should miss.

I went through the original release on PC about 7 years ago with a build similar to Kratos with the Blades of Chaos (play it that way if you want an unofficial GoW experience). However, I used a mod called YSA HeartCore from start to finish. As long as I didn't enter a new zone before finishing the old zone and took it easy on a few other glitches in the game that the author couldn't fix that could make me OP, it was one of the most amazing titles I played that era.

The difficulty the mod added was absolutely crazy hard, moreso than my first play through of Dark Souls I. But it was still fair! I went against one boss for about four straight days determined to beat her, lol, because the A.I. in the mod had her do attack patterns and triggers that I wasn't in the vanilla game (based on YT videos I watched later).

I still recall being literally scared to go into some areas because how dangerous some enemies were at blitzing me to death (until I got gud). The mod also sped up the game so you had to stay on your toes, it gimped certain buffs like healing upgrades, your health, and buffed enemy damage and more.

If this re-release is anywhere close to how great that mod was in making it a mega-challenge, I can't recommend this game enough.

Last edited:

kauec

Chicken Chaser
Dec 27, 2017
Brazil
It's worth for the FOV options and the new difficulty, everything else is bonus. Also, it'll be pretty cheap in a few months, I have nothing to complain.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
is it at least 60fps on PS4 Pro?
The target for PS4 Pro is supposedly 1440/60, though they said they were still working on it.

new rendering engine (lighting, shadows)
The engine may have been enhanced slightly, but it's basically the same. It's not new.

The most significant changes are with the textures and gameplay.

Is the camera still super zoomed in?
Along with lack of difficulty this was my biggest issue and you could not pull the camera out in any way so I was stuck with a terrible FOV with the character taking up a lot of the screen. I actually played some using a camera hack on PC and that 1 tweak made the game a lot better imo
They've added camera options so you can customize how it behaves.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Great news:

I just looked up details of this Remaster and
THERE ARE CAMERA CONTROLS!!!

That is what I needed to see in order to buy.
You can pull the camera back from the ultra zoomed in default mode and also move it up and down. So basically this plus difficulty options have convinced me. I'm buying it tomorrow and can finally play the game without a wonky hack lol.

ResidentDante

Nov 2, 2017
Oslo, Norway
Great news:

You can pull the camera back from the ultra zoomed in default mode and also move it up and down. So basically this plus difficulty options have convinced me. I'm buying it tomorrow and can finally play the game without a wonky hack lol.
Sounds great!

starsleep3

Oct 25, 2017
Played about 30 min today on X1X — it looks great. But achievements weren't unlocking and also the NPC audio mix is still all over the place. Same as 360. The very first NPC you speak to can barely be heard. 😑

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
wanting to get this game to support a sequel (plus shiny textures + new expansion) vs not wanting to give thq nordic any of my money

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Going to pick this up on pc for the upgrade price and then on the X during Black Friday. I liked this game a lot but 40 is still too much. Gladly buy when it's 20.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I guess now I'll have to wait for a deep deep discount. As much as I've wanted to replay the game, this seems like the minimum they could have done to call it a remaster and rerelease it instead of a free upgrade for those that own it on PC.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"You can never shake the feeling of playing a single player version of some action mode for the game WoW on a pirated server."

This is exactly what KoA felt like to me. An empty MMO world with action gameplay.
lt is tangible with the game. I actually had some fun for sure. But you can feel it in every single thing you do.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
For anyone that has already played, how is the LOD? On the original PC game you could never adjust the LOD and it was really distracting. I even tried some .ini tweaks and could never improve on the LOD...it was just really bad with seeing stuff pop in right in front of you. Also, I just watched that review in the OP, is there a setting to make the UI elements smaller? The one in the upper left where the life/magic bars looks way too big.

On console, I see some have the XIX version, how is the LOD and frame rate? In the PC review in the OP he states that at 4k it cannot maintain a consistent 60fps with a 2080ti? So just wondering how the X1X version runs?

Last edited:

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if it's the game or my controller, but my character stops sprinting if I even slightly turn her to the left. Doesn't happen when angling right. Very weird. Don't remember that happening in the original.

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

This is super accurate. It's a good game, but I remember my time with it well. It felt like a good MMO with none of the multiplayer elements.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
Forgot I preordered this, went to cancel after reviews came out today and it was too late =/

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Really loved Amalur back when it released. Tried going back, and man...I really dislike the colors in this game. Colors and "glowiness"...just blah.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
I've been in a weird way about this game. Checking PSN, I can't even find it to preorder.

Oddly enough, Avengers and Tony Hawk came out 3 days early at all the walmarts around me, but this game hasn't. Yes, its not high demand, but I still want it.

Banderdash

Chicken Chaser
Nov 16, 2017
Australia
Are these reviews the first time we've actually seen gameplay?
I was looking a few days ago, and couldn't find any...

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Great news:

Speaking of this, has anyone said anything on if inverted controls are in? That drove me nuts in the original.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Rebalancing the leveling is enough for me to double dip. I hope it also fixes widescreen support

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Where do you draw the line? You have people calling shadow of the colossus a remake, when it's literally the old games code with new textures and audio running on top.
I'd make the distinction that remasters mostly just enhance on existing assets & run at higher IQ, remakes come in a couple of variations. There are the graphical overhaul remakes. Same game underneath but wholly remade visuals (& possibly audio) up to whatever standards are possible with the hardware it's done for (and budget allows), for example SOTC, Medievil, Link's Awakening, FFIV DS. Then there are the FFVIIRs, REmakes & such that can use some parts pretty faithfully but also make bigger changes or are basically entirely new games.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FYI about the camera. FOV is great but the distance and the closeness to the player aren't amazing game changers. In fact the way the camera worked they didn't really light my biscuit. Just so you know