• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
I use the term chair since technically the Predator Thronos is still, at its heart, a chair. But with a giant overhead brace that supports three 27-inch gaming monitors, along with integrated space for a Predator gaming PC, it is less a place to sit and more a convenient way to let you live inside your gaming PC. And of course, the whole thing lights up.
Acer hasn't offered a price or release date for the Thronos, but suffice to say that it likely won't come cheap, even before you consider the cost of a gaming PC and three 27-inch monitors.
https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...4/acer-predator-thronos-gaming-chair-ifa-2018

image.1535534375.png
Screen_Shot_2018_08_29_at_11.17.34_AM.png

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta give it a hand to the guy who had the cajones to say "Thronos" in a business meeting.

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
I read Predator Thanos gaming chair and thought we were getting the crossover of the century.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, you sure weren't kidding with "absurd"...

I'm sure the price will be just as ridiculous.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to seeing this on sets of mid-budget sci-fi indie films in the near future.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
If I had the money to spend on things like this I'd have someone custombuild a thing, not buy this garish display.
This would only make sense in an arcade or if you've got a whole room that looks like Tron.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
The dumb, ugly, cheap looking gamer looking trend has to die.
Give me a high quality gaming screen with a high quality design, with a nice frame and materials.

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
That chair has existed for awhile. Did they just have the company that makes them brand it with Acer product line?

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Y'know, add some sides and some cooling and we could have a personal pod, great for zero distractions

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
This is one of those purchases where I wouldn't fault a significant other with just getting up and leaving.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
E3 usually has a vendor tucked in the very back that's trying to market a gaming setup like this. I figured it was only a matter of time before one of the bigger names wanted to get in on the ergonomic action.