• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Dreamboum

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
But seriously, OP is basically

848.jpg
Hahaha surprisingly accurate

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
Wait it's cheesy anime shit? I was under the impression it was Call of Duty military shit. I'm so down with it if it's cheesy over the top shit. Where do I start?

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Ace Combat is one of, if not my absolute favorite game series of all time. Can't recommend it enough if you're a military or anime fan (or both) or if you just want to play some games with a great story, magnificent music and tight gameplay/controls.

KingBae

Oct 28, 2017
You might know this but I want to say it for others who don't. We got the US release, but they did something very puzzling.

They took out the entire story out of the game. They took the non-linear story routes too.

Electrosphere is a sci-fi story about multinational companies that are more powerful than countries duking it out. It has a Ghost in the Shell-esque vibe and presentation with anime characters and stuff. It's super good. They took that out entirely. You just play maps instead.

A fanpatch was released where they translated the original Japanese game and I heavily recommend it. The atmosphere and story is soooooooooo good.

Oh I've heard of the story being gutted, but I did NOT know about the fan patch. I need to track this down asap. Well OP I think you convinced me to replay AC7 again.

Nov 8, 2017
AC7 has a great soundtrack but so disappointing. In the missions where that one gameplay mechanic shows up, the game nosedives and never recovers. AC0 is def the best one in the series. AC4 and 5 are right behind it though, one of my reasons to own a PS2

Fahdi

Jun 5, 2018
Tell me Stonehenge is and I will take care of it.

Oh no you don't. *points at avatar*

AC7 has a great soundtrack but so disappointing. In the missions where that one gameplay mechanic shows up, the game nosedives and never recovers. AC0 is def the best one in the series. AC4 and 5 are right behind it though, one of my reasons to own a PS2

AC 0 = AC 4 > AC5 > AC 2 >>>>>>> AC7 >>>>>> PSP Games >>>>>>>>> AC 3 (West) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AH

No idea about 6 since Xbox Exclusive. AC 7 was a serious disappointment.

Nothing touches 0 and 4. Its the pinnacle of story telling. And well 5 just has the charm with Nagase, Bartlet, Chopper, Pops etc. Its the holy trinity.

Last edited:

coredecepts

Oct 27, 2017
Got a good deal into 7 before dropping it. I don't hate it, but it wasn't impressing me. The music, as usual, is great.

I've played 4, 5, 0, the 2 PSP games, the 3DS game, and Assault Horizon. I have 6, I just need to play it.

The only big point where I stray from popular fan opinion is I think AH is good. It's different of course, and I wish it were set in Strangereal, but I still like it. I wish the other AC games would flow like AH does. The seamless transitions between cutscenes to loadout to gameplay and back again are wonderful.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't it always pretty much anime? Didn't Ace Combat 3 have you flying in Outerspace or at least low orbit? The US didn't get that one so I can understand not realising how rediculous everything is.

I thinl ac3 came in two disks in japan but they didnt bothered for the us release so they cut all cut scene and story and a third of missions to fit in a single disk for the west

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ace Combat 3's Japanese version has a translation patch available and with it, it's an amazing game that is worth checking out.

SpiritSlayer

Oct 27, 2017
Just booted up Ace Combat 5 on my C9 and holy crap the image quality is C L E A N.

Time for the Razgriz to take flight again.