• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
You can definitely tell PACES have way much more time doing the DLC missions, with so many dialogue details and music changes, that's what quality you get when the game isn't rushed out of the gate in a little more than a year.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can definitely tell PACES have way much more time doing the DLC missions, with so many dialogue details and music changes, that's what quality you get when the game isn't rushed out of the gate in a little more than a year.
In a perfect world they would be given enough time and money to make an entire game with missions of that quality, all working in VR across all platforms. It would PRINT money for Namco. I mean look at all these Valve Indexes getting sold.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not to take away from the quality of Ace Combat 7 but that was HALF LIFE.
Yeah but that is a lot more people who will own VR headsets who will want more content for them. AC7's VR mode received rave reviews in all the VR sites, but is only 3 missions and confined to PSVR. If they did a full game like this for all VR platforms, new Index owners would eat it up.

Legend J 858

Oct 25, 2018
I got this game for $15 during Black Friday.

Is the season pass worth it? It's $12.49 right now on the PSN Store with the holiday sale.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Wow. This sucks, wasn't even aware they could do it (first time I've ever seen this happen on PS4):

Namco-Bandai region locked the DLC.

This means if you buy the season pass, it must match the region of your box copy, or it will not appear in-game at all. If you bought in a region without DLC, well, your only recourse is to rebuy the game in the region that matches the pass (for example, buying digitally from the same store as the pass).

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Wow. This sucks, wasn't even aware they could do it (first time I've ever seen this happen on PS4):

This means if you buy the season pass, it must match the region of your box copy, or it will not appear in-game at all. If you bought in a region without DLC, well, your only recourse is to rebuy the game in the region that matches the pass (for example, buying digitally from the same store as the pass).

Seriously? I knew they did that during the PS3 era but come on Namco

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Seriously? I knew they did that during the PS3 era but come on Namco

Yeah, I double-checked. :/ The worst is that you have no idea unless you go in-game to check; having the pass means you can download whatever content you want from the store, just that the game itself is dismissing it as invalid (so, no SP mission option in the game menu).

I'd have to check Soul Calibur but I would guess it's happening there too.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017

And if you rebuy the game from another region you will lose your save entirely. Also region locking DLC is extremely common and fucking annoying on PSN, this even happens to PS4 first party games, I've been locked out of my first Driveclub save because my disc copy is from Asia and I bought the season pass on NA PSN.

May 5, 2018
Yesterday I played the Unexpected Visitor DLC mission. Felt pretty good about how I performed in first 12 minutes but once the

Edgy Sibling Squadron

came into play it got much harder. I had little time to hit the remaining targets and the frequency of missiles coming my way was much more rampant. I used one of the SU Jets with a 4 Homing Missile secondary weapon. Any tips on how I beat this mission?

Music in this mission btw kicks ass.

May 5, 2018
So was AC 7 rushed in the end? Cause the DLC things seem much more cohesive and fun.
There is a story online about one of the lead developers talking about development actually starting around Christmas 2017. Its literally a miracle that Project Aces made a game this fun and thrilling with such little time. Hopefully Bandai-Namco gives the team much more time to make a potential Ace Combat 8 even better.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FUCK mission 6 fuck it to hell.

any tips guys? cause i'm about take the L and just start everything on easy mode.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
FUCK mission 6 fuck it to hell.

any tips guys? cause i'm about take the L and just start everything on easy mode.

Do it on easy lol.

I IIRC speed is a big factor in this mission. The Warthog plane is kinda a trap imo. They let you unlock it before this mission which has a ton of ground units but the thing is super slow. I'd try a multirole if possible.

But I finally sat down and did the DLC missions, man those were great! I already loved this game but man I wish the main story was more like that. Especially the stylish chess board CGI.

Deleted member 2328

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just a quick reminder that the official soundtrack releases today!

xAvRvl2.jpg

Last edited:

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do it on easy lol.

I IIRC speed is a big factor in this mission. The Warthog plane is kinda a trap imo. They let you unlock it before this mission which has a ton of ground units but the thing is super slow. I'd try a multirole if possible.

But I finally sat down and did the DLC missions, man those were great! I already loved this game but man I wish the main story was more like that. Especially the stylish chess board CGI.
What did you use? And does easy mode make a huge difference to the points needed complete the missions?

I am using the mig 29 with those air to surface missiles. But their is only 14 of them so they are gone pretty quick. And then I am stuck using those shitty regular air to air missile.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
What did you use? And does easy mode make a huge difference to the points needed complete the missions?

I am using the mig 29 with those air to surface missiles. But their is only 14 of them so they are gone pretty quick. And then I am stuck using those shitty regular air to air missile.

No idea what I used when I played it the first time. But easy mode will lower the damage you take/it takes to destroy things mostly. As well as toning down the AI maneuvers. But the normal missiles tend to be more than enough if you are hitting them in quick enough succession. I'd rely on the SP weapons for the ones that take more than one missile to take down only this early on though. Also don't forget to spam the machine gun. Even if you are not close enough to get the reticle you the bullets still travel, you can hit a ton of things before you are in range in the Ace Combat games like this.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No idea what I used when I played it the first time. But easy mode will lower the damage you take/it takes to destroy things mostly. As well as toning down the AI maneuvers. But the normal missiles tend to be more than enough if you are hitting them in quick enough succession. I'd rely on the SP weapons for the ones that take more than one missile to take down only this early on though. Also don't forget to spam the machine gun. Even if you are not close enough to get the reticle you the bullets still travel, you can hit a ton of things before you are in range in the Ace Combat games like this.
Fuck me man did it with the mig 29 and using the 4aam missiles.

I think focussing on ground targets first was making it harder, once I switched to taking out the air targets first and then taking some ground targets it became easier to rack up points. I unlocked the part that gives extra special missiles which really helped.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
If you have it unlocked, the Gripen E is a fantastic plane for Mission 6 (or any multirole mission), its LACM is the best long range anti air weapon in the entire game, and it with Rafale are the only planes capable of carrying them.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
After having to play AC5 with a controller it feels great to jump into 7 with a HOTAS. Still early on with the game but I'm having a great time so far.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Mission 13 is such a treasure, but thank goodness this game has checkpoints.

I know the feeling, but sadly it's the same checkpoint system as in the PS2 era. Which is to say, 1-2 at most. It's something that could be improved a lot in the future, if nothing else than to just double or triple the checkpoint count. Pretty much every AC player has PTSD from the series infamous tunnel runs.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I know the feeling, but sadly it's the same checkpoint system as in the PS2 era. Which is to say, 1-2 at most. It's something that could be improved a lot in the future, if nothing else than to just double or triple the checkpoint count. Pretty much every AC player has PTSD from the series infamous tunnel runs.

Were there checkpoints in the PS2 games? Played the earlier games this year but, at least in the missions I failed I, always was placed at the start of the mission. Even having to wait out that timer in the final AC5 missions...two extra times.

May 5, 2018
Hey for all of AC7 fans here, the Annual Video Game Music Online Awards announced their nominations and Ace Combat 7 got a boatload of nominations:
Keiki Kobayoshi got nominated for best Eastern Composer (they have awards for composers coming from different parts of the world). AC7 also got nominated for best instrumental/cinematic soundtrack, Fan Favorite, Best In-Game music and others. It's even in the running for best score. Congrats to Keiki Kobayoshi and his team for the nominations!

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Si I'm trying to figure out the different dlcs for the game...

Would I be missing on anything if I were to buy the base game and then the season pass separately vs just buying the Deluxe edition from the get go? I could save a couple of bucks if I buy them separately...

Also looks like the F4E Phantom is the only dlc not included in the Season Pass?

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Si I'm trying to figure out the different dlcs for the game...

Would I be missing on anything if I were to buy the base game and then the season pass separately vs just buying the Deluxe edition from the get go? I could save a couple of bucks if I buy them separately...

Also looks like the F4E Phantom is the only dlc not included in the Season Pass?
If you are on console just grab base game + Season Pass (or whatever cheaper for you). The F-4E pack from the deluxe version has expired and is no longer available. Although Deluxe version still has a couple small bonuses like extra emblems.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
People are going to hate me for this but after replaying Assault Horizon recently after playing 7 last year,
I think Project Aces need to look back at it and take a lot of the stuff that did actually work well and incorporate it back in with 8.

1. A legitimate protagonist, it can be set like AH or even a custom character.
Heck Blaze(5) felt like an actual character despite being faceless

2. Mission variety AH really had that nailed down, really wish 7 had some missions likely good,

3. Now while the execution was not remotely good,

latest

The helicopter segments really connected you well to the ground conflict,
Be it rescuing a downed pilot,
flying around a wartorn Moscow
Or covering a Seal team as they check ships for this Trinity missiles

It really expands the scope of the conflicts we are told are there but never really get much of(7 felt the worse for this personally)
- this would have been excellent for the hostage rescue mission in 7

4. Paintshop for full customization of the patterns they give the planes.

Last edited:

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Eh I'd only keep the protagonist dialogue from AH. Some of the AH missions are cool but we have enough quality missions in 7, especially the SP missions that it's not really a problem in the first place.

Helicopters I can completely do without, it simply doesn't work that well within Ace Combat's context, at least with fixed wing aircraft Ace Combat is still somewhat grounded in reality, meanwhile AH's helicopters are literally doing witchcraft that are impossible in anyway, they are completely devoid of all the main pillars of Ace Combat gameplay, there is no emergency in maneuvering them, there is no player agency in engaging enemies or dodge attacks.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think I want to play this game.

Is this flight stick the best there is for this game?

PlayStation 4 HOTAS Flight Stick by HORI- Officially Licensed By SIEA : Amazon.ca: Jeux vidéo

PlayStation 4 HOTAS Flight Stick by HORI- Officially Licensed By SIEA : Amazon.ca: Jeux vidéo

Just a quick reminder that the official soundtrack releases today!

xAvRvl2.jpg

Is this available anywhere to buy digitally in flac? I checked 7digital but they only have Ace Combat 6.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Thrustmaster's sticks are better I think? But really a controller works just fine. The OST is currently physical only.

ItsBobbyDarin

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Egyptian residing in Denmark
I think I want to play this game.

Is this flight stick the best there is for this game?

Is this available anywhere to buy digitally in flac? I checked 7digital but they only have Ace Combat 6.

I just want to know if it releases on Spotify.