• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I was in no special weapon rooms though is why I ask.

Yeah, I could see them stacking just the Homing and Speed lvl.2 along with a few lvl.1 parts to really boost it to ridiculous levels.
Even with just that one 50 cost lvl. 2 part (can't remember the name but the final one on the standard missile tree) they became extremely viable.
I still have the majority of my kills with Standard missiles on my F-14D. I think I am at around 60-70 standard missile kills or so?
Meanwhile I only have 10 or so in all the various special weapons! heh

Oct 25, 2017
Silber's emblem is 100 Battle Royale kills
50 battle royale sorties is Sapin's emblem

Collection so far
DxuPPUVW0AA6j0w

Last edited:

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
After blowing through all the VR missions before even starting the campaign, it makes the 2D missions just feel so...FLAT in comparison. Piloting the fighters in VR is unlike anything I've done in VR before. That being said I'm still having a blast.

First Ace Combat since 4, which I would run home after school to play at my best friend's house split screen on his PS2. This game gives me so much nostalgia!

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Im loving that Namco used trans disco music in the later music. Haven't heard great music like that since PSO. Also, they're using Jurota Kosugi as the base commander's voice. Mmmm.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the campaign on normal. I absolutely loved every second of it. Ace Combat is back and I couldn't be more happy. It plays great, it sounds great, it looks great and most importantly it feels great. Flying through the clouds in cockpit / 1st person view is so impressive. You can't see anything. It's even more intimidating when it's a rain or thunder cloud. But the payoff once you see the blue sky again -- magnificent. While I think Ace Combat 5 is better overall, Ace Combat 7 is more than just a return to form. It takes a lot of the elements that make the series so much fun. And I just love strangereal. It still gets me big smile seeing or thinking about the space elevator. It's definitely one of my favorite games of the series next to the PS2 games and especially the Japanese version of Ace Combat 3 (fan translators be praised!) I will definitely replay the campaign on hard at some point. But first I will replay Ace Combat 5 again. Can't wait to see how the "remaster" looks and plays on PS4. I hope the game will be successful enough that we'll see a sequel in a not too distant future.

Some spoilery throughts about the (final) missions of Ace Combat 7:

I really loved the final mission. It was exactly what I hoped it would be. I mean it would've been a highly missed opportunity having you not fly through the space elevator. Still, I couldn't help and smile when that drone entered the tunnel and I got the task to follow it. In general I had a blast in the final mission. While it wasn't as "epic" as the final mission in Ace Combat 5, it was still a lot of fun. Mission 19 felt a bit more "epic" than the final mission. When the music kicked in and I was flying around the Aresnal Bird with all the other planes around me, constantly dodging missiles etc, I felt like an absolute ace. The constant chatter how only Trigger can shoot it down helped of course, hehe. Lots of goosebumps all over my whole body throughout the final missions. In general I really loved the Aresnal Bird missions like the Stonehenge one. Not just a great callback to Ace Combat 4, I was sweating bullets during the whole mission. I'm not a big fan of the score attack missions in general and some were quite tough at first, but once you figure them out and also get the rights planes and loadouts they aren't that hard on normal difficulty, but still challenging. In fact, I loved how challenging the game was overall. It definitely wasn't a walk in the park and I appreciated that. No handholding, you had to listen to the radio chatter and the briefing, you had to figure stuff out and more. Loved it! Another highlight was mission 7 with the first fight against Mister X. The radio chatter was perfect in that one, especially when you enter the thunder clouds and your wingmen tell you how crazy you are. Loved it! The story could've been a bit better in some areas (the overall story is cool with lots of melodrama I hoped for; it was fun to follow it. But the pacing here and there was a bit off, but I didn't mind that too much.

Defunkled

Oct 29, 2017
After looking through this thread and seeing how important it is to pay attention to your radio, am I making the game more difficult by using the Japanese VO? I've only done the first mission but I can imagine reading subtitles in the middle of an intense fight could be difficult. This is my first Ace Combat game so any help is appreciated.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
After looking through this thread and seeing how important it is to pay attention to your radio, am I making the game more difficult by using the Japanese VO? I've only done the first mission but I can imagine reading subtitles in the middle of an intense fight could be difficult. This is my first Ace Combat game so any help is appreciated.

Yes, you often get instructions what to do next in a mission (sometimes simple things like approaching bogies that should take priority). I didn't read the subtitles that often, especially not during intense dogfights. So having the voices in a language you fully understand would definitely make things easier. The story also gets expanded with the radio chatter, so it's definitely worth paying attention to it.

Oct 25, 2017
So much for helping with that list on Wikia, told how and their order in the full list and got told to "Edit it yourself".
I would if my only option wasn't a PS4 webbrowser atm that freaks out on pages like that.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

Yeah, it really is best to play it in your native language I feel. I am fluent in Japanese, but even I noticed I missed a few cool snippets during
more intense scenes when I started my replay in English.

It helps that the wing VOs and such are actually very well done in English IMO.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When landing, why does it always line you up 50 feet to the left or right of the runway but still parallel to it. I realize you can skip it and all, but it's just an odd thing.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Is the radio voice really quiet for anyone else? On a 5.1 system

I find the mix and audio options in general to be lacking, unfortunately. Yes, though, the chatter from the other pilots is very hard to hear without turning other things down. Then you find the music is taking a bigger backseat than it should, or the flight sounds are too quie/overbearing.

It's pretty much my only complaint. Love everything else about it.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Am I out of practice or is this game surprisingly hard? I played 4, 5 and 0 back in the day and don't remember having much trouble, but man the fight at the end of Mission 7 took me like an hour on Normal difficulty. Probably would have been a lot easier with a better plane and better AA missiles, I'm sure, but doing it that early in the game was brutal.

Really enjoying it, though. Going to unlock my old baby the Sukhoi Su-37 next.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Am I out of practice or is this game surprisingly hard? I played 4, 5 and 0 back in the day and don't remember having much trouble, but man the fight at the end of Mission 7 took me like an hour on Normal difficulty. Probably would have been a lot easier with a better plane and better AA missiles, I'm sure, but doing it that early in the game was brutal.

Really enjoying it, though. Going to unlock my old baby the Sukhoi Su-37 next.

7 is indeed harder than the rest.

On another topic: overall I think 7 has the best soundtrack.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
When landing, why does it always line you up 50 feet to the left or right of the runway but still parallel to it. I realize you can skip it and all, but it's just an odd thing.
I mean if it lines up the plane for you every time it kinda defeats the purpose of the mini game.
Which plane path do you recommend unlocking first?
You can't go wrong on any of the 3 branches, but you might want to stick to one tree so you get the final plane at the end. Mig 29A and F-14D are very good all arounders for early game, save for the Su 33 and F-15E when you reach later parts, get the Su-57 or F-22A for the last missions. The final two European multiroles are also very, very good. If you don't mind not unlocking the final plane at the end, definitely grab the A-10C as early as you can, it makes any ground attack mission a cakewalk.

Deleted member 10428

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anywhere cheaper than cdkeys for the PC version?
If not I'll just buy the physical version I guess, the key activates on Steam, right?

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Which plane path do you recommend unlocking first?

shoot straight for F22 or SU57.

Either allied/american planes or soviet / russian planes.

Now there are subbranches within. Stick to a single branch: to choose, look at the next planes / upgrades and if you suits your need; do you already have a good fighter with good Anti Air special missiles ? Then look for a good multi role or air to ground plane next. Etc...

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
Some kind soul has finally uploaded the VR mission music tracks on youtube

Here is one of them.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
So I got my code for AC6. Redeemed it, downloaded the game. But it won't let me play. Xbox just asks "do you own this game" every time I try to launch it.

OP
OP
emotion engine
Oct 27, 2017
Got the North Osea Gründer Industries emblem, I think the unlock condition is acquiring 20 aircraft as that's when I got it.

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love the mission design and gameplay but wtf @ the story cutscenes, especially at the end

Melodramatic nonsense that actually kind of destroys rhe atmosphere

AcidCat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bellingham WA
I love the mission design and gameplay but wtf @ the story cutscenes, especially at the end

Melodramatic nonsense that actually kind of destroys rhe atmosphere

Agreed that the story as presented in cutscenes is straight garbage, but I find it's mostly easy to ignore and doesn't really hurt the overall experience IMO, as I came strictly for the gameplay and wasn't looking for any kind of drama anyway, I don't feel I'm missing out.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I mean if it lines up the plane for you every time it kinda defeats the purpose of the mini game.

You can't go wrong on any of the 3 branches, but you might want to stick to one tree so you get the final plane at the end. Mig 29A and F-14D are very good all arounders for early game, save for the Su 33 and F-15E when you reach later parts, get the Su-57 or F-22A for the last missions. The final two European multiroles are also very, very good. If you don't mind not unlocking the final plane at the end, definitely grab the A-10C as early as you can, it makes any ground attack mission a cakewalk.

Are they generally interchangeable? Went F14 initially because Top Gun/afterburner. But I also like the sukhois so could I switch to those for later planes? Is it possible to unlock everything eventually anyway?

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Trying to S rank Mission 9 on Ace. I swear this is the worst designed mission in the game and worse than anything I remember in AC4,5,0, and 6.