• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Apologies if I'm creating an echo in here, but is this a decent place to get into the series? I've been curious about Ace Combat for years.

squeaky

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone tried running at 720P on base PS4? Wondering if it performs better (locked 60) than in 1080P.

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
This is my first in the Ace Combat series. I knew that the series existed but I never played anyone of them. This game is absolutely awesome. I'm on mission 7 right now and I'm in love.

But the thing I'm missing: Is there some kind of tutorial or a youtube video how I can improve the movement? Cause I feel I'm absolutely clueless especially if it comes to turning. I just fly in circles or try to do some kind of awkward backflip.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Holy shit at mission 6

I'm playing on normal and can absolutely not get enough points in the time limit. Help? I killed the bombers and all but no dice. The drones being agile AF doesn't help

I tried focusing as much as i could on taking down the buildings and the planes taking off from the bases in the start, that racked up alot of points. I also had to resupply my ammo and heal once at base (where the blue line is).

But yes mission 6 is quite annoying too.

Have unlocked Gripen as my main plane, sweden represent.

CielYoshi

May 10, 2018
Santiago, Chile
I listened to the main theme on youtube (or what I figured was the main theme, since it was called Skies Unknown" and it sounded like...nothing?

What is the name of the main theme in this? They're always so good in every Ace Combat game (even that other one as y'all refer to it) and I want to hear 7's D:

What's this game's equivalent of Liberation of Gracemeria for you?

The final track with ominous chanting and all is called Daredevil.

EDIT:
God DAMN Mission 20. This is probably my 10th time retrying it now.

Well, at least now we know where people got the idea for the Geofront entrance now...

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Damn, jumped into multiplayer... I have no clue whats going on. I did 709 point and the first one did 45.000 points. Wtf?

Deleted member 4247

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never played one of these, but this one looks very cool. Thinking about picking it up. I liked the Rogue Squadron games, and this looks kinda similar but with more dogfights?

Thickstone

Oct 27, 2017
I tried focusing as much as i could on taking down the buildings and the planes taking off from the bases in the start, that racked up alot of points. I also had to resupply my ammo and heal once at base (where the blue line is).

It's not working, I can't pull it off. Fuck the difficulty spike, I've really been enjoying the game till now but fuck mission 6 for wasting ,y time, done with this shit

Priapus

Oct 27, 2017
God, why did am I denied to lower the difficulty. Having a reall hard time to get mission 6 on hard.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
This is my first in the Ace Combat series. I knew that the series existed but I never played anyone of them. This game is absolutely awesome. I'm on mission 7 right now and I'm in love.

But the thing I'm missing: Is there some kind of tutorial or a youtube video how I can improve the movement? Cause I feel I'm absolutely clueless especially if it comes to turning. I just fly in circles or try to do some kind of awkward backflip.

Are you playing in expert control?

Priapus

Oct 27, 2017

Resuply is possible then? Time to try that strategy.

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
You'd figure fighting the same damn giant aircraft carrier/plane concept would get old after 20+ years, but they keep finding ways to keep me not only entertained but also make it feel epic.
Resuply is possible then? Time to try that strategy.
You're also completely healed from damage when you resupply.

GestaltGaz

Oct 28, 2017
In the briefing for mission 6 it states the resupply is not available to your squadron, only the 'main' airforce. So I shouldn't have listened to it eh? Oh well, completed it before anyway, but good to know.
God, why did am I denied to lower the difficulty. Having a reall hard time to get mission 6 on hard.
I did it with the mirage and LASM with special missile plus upgrade giving more missiles. Went from ground target to the next and ignored the aircraft. Just had to move quickly and not focus on one target too long. Go for the bases West of where you start and take the canyon base north-east last. That one is the hardest as the targets are more concealed by the terrain and you should have enough points by then anyway. I guess you can also try going full air to air, equip some qaam or dogfight missiles and go that way, I'll give it a go next time I redo it.

Last edited:

Thickstone

Oct 27, 2017
In the briefing for mission 6 it states the resupply is not available to your squadron, only the 'main' airforce. So I shouldn't have listened to it eh? Oh well, completed it before anyway, but good to know.

I did it with the mirage and LASM with special missile plus upgrade giving more missiles. Went from ground target to the next and ignored the aircraft. Just had to move quickly and not focus on one target too long. Go for the bases West of where you start and take the canyon base north-east last. That one is the hardest as the targets are more concealed by the terrain and you should have enough points by then anyway. I guess you can also try going full air to air, equip some qaam or dogfight missiles and go that way, I'll give it a go next time I redo it.

Good strategy, I might try that...

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
So far playing in Battle Royale with under 2000 points restriction this loadout has been good for about 15 missile strikes and 4 kills a game, which is usually more than enough to win the game.

Gripen E
SASM
SP.W.QUICK+
SP.W.PAYLOAD+
SP.W.POW+

My strategy is this:
This should be more than enough SASMs for you to use basically nothing else in the fight. Normal missiles are pretty much useless to me. What I do (particularly once getting first place and everyone is chasing you) is try to pick firing solutions, not targets. Don't ever chase one target too much, especially if you're just doing circles with them in guns range; instead, switch targets repeatedly while turning until you land on a target (often offscreen) that doesn't immediately bring up the guns sight, this means they're probably far enough away from you where you can line up a good angle on them for your SASM shot. Once you turn to bring your target into lock, you want to make sure they're not traveling very laterally to your movement, which isn't a good firing solution. If you've ended up behind them or on a beeline towards them where they're kinda stalled after doing a turn, you've got good tone and fire. I like to save my flares for the back half of the match under the assumption I'll be in the lead and most people will be gunning to kill the three star kill.

I'm sitting on like 2 million MRP from doing this for a couple hours.
Thanks for the great tips there. I haven't unlocked the SP.W.QUICK+ or SP.W.POW+ parts yet, so I'm just using SP.W.PAYLOAD+ with the F-15C (since it sneaks in under 2000 like that and has SASM), but your tactics work well.

I don't always win, but I'm doing well pretty much every match, and they're a lot more enjoyable when you're not endlessly turning in a circle.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just played 2 vr missions. Probably spent about an hour in VR. I feel like I wanna throw up but I don't care. Holy shit what an experience

GestaltGaz

Oct 28, 2017
Good strategy, I might try that...
If you have four targets in a row you can launch 2 LASM(1 target each) then switch to missiles to get the next 2. Or guns but it is more risky to crash. Most ground targets only take 1 regular missile to destroy but there are exceptions like tanks. Don't waste missiles and fire 2 at aa guns, sams and control towers etc.

OP
OP
emotion engine
Oct 27, 2017
Im finding it interesting people are have issues with mission 6 and not the last part of mission 12 on hard.
I had to retry that last part of mission 12 a few times too, even crashing once after completing the objective. HPAA were really critical in getting the job done.
It's important to pay attention to radio chatter during the mission, as I believe the AWACS grants you permission to use the return line early on in that mission.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
How many points do you get in MP? Haven't touched it yet been trying to improve my score in free mode.

About 60~100k+ a match depending how well you do. But also the later missions give increasingly high amounts of MRP.

What tree lines did everyone go for? I went for the Russian line to the SU-57 and boy oh boy the 57 with the laser gun rips stuff apart. The bosses were done with few problems thanks to it. Dug the game for sure and will probably replay it again soon on easy next time to just enjoy it and unlock the rest of the planes.

Felt really good to finish a Bandai Namco "arcade" game again. Really hope these Ridge Racer 8 rumors are true. AC7 reminded me they really nail the moment to moment excitement in these games.

SpiritSlayer

Oct 27, 2017
You'd figure fighting the same damn giant aircraft carrier/plane concept would get old after 20+ years, but they keep finding ways to keep me not only entertained but also make it feel epic.

20 years? Didn't the giant plane concept start in Ace Combat 6?

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Mission 6 was ok, now mission 12... That took a few goes!

Just finished, going to play through 5 and then go for a harder difficulty. What a great weekend.

Gibbo

The Fallen
Nov 20, 2017
For those having difficulty with Mission 6 - head to the base closest to your starting point and destroy the aircraft flying off from the run way. That should net you a good 2-3k in points in the first 2 mins

Im having difficulty with Mission 10 at the moment
any tips on how to locate the Sam sites other than spotting the smoke trails?

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Mission 11 is tough. Not sure if I should be going after the platform cores or if there's a better target somewhere else.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
For those having difficulty with Mission 6 - head to the base closest to your starting point and destroy the aircraft flying off from the run way. That should net you a good 2-3k in points in the first 2 mins

Not really, though it's mroe about shooting down the jet fighters that try and attack the cargo plane.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
Got through mission 6 using long range surface missiles and then switching to aa specials, but in total took me 6 tries.

Mission 7 is visually amazing but tbh I don't understand why you have 15 mins if those damn drones randomly shoot cyclops out of the sky.

Man, I wish I could get the Aurora from AC3 here...

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017

You are on the right track, go ahead of the transport and kinda do lines across the map, not entirely, but kinda. you will come across them. Go for the fighters when they show up, then repeat.

Some missions kinda ask you to go ahead of the pack and be proactive/ aggressive, this is one of them.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Lol, fifth place in battle Royale twice in a row only to be followed by becoming number one in the next and then me becoming the highest scoring person in a winning death match team immediately afterwards, using Typhoon. What a ride.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Take out the enemy fleet first, then head to the airfield platform, aim for the cores as it destroys everything on the platform as well.
I don't think it's even possible without deliberately targeting cores. Managed to do it finally with a 2000 surplus by destroying all the platforms except one.
It's hard to even see the cores with all the targets!

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Damn, playing MP made me realize how much I suck at this game XD I have been playing for 3 hours straight now and I think I got less than 5 kills altogether. Wow XD

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
h8p0uolw22dy.jpg