• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How hard and time consuming is it to render a basic dog for a 10 seconds appearance. This is the definition of ''word that causes people to be warned in this forum'' devs.

You talk about priorities and yet, why does the dog even exist? He serves no purpose there.

The jpeg dog does look way better than the Lightning Returns one at least, now that was purposely done as a troll move.
Depends on the budget, and time constraint.

I'm actually pretty impressed by the decision. Rather than spending money and manpower to model and animate a dog, they just inserted a picture of it for a 10 second video.

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I just thought of something that's bothered me for the longest time as an AC fan with little interest in aircraft outside the game.

What does all the stuff like fox 2 mean? And vectors? I should really look this stuff up.

100mega

Oct 27, 2017
Well I just got to try VR and nearly had a heart attack when my plane hit the water and bounced off. Thanks easy mode.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
I just thought of something that's bothered me for the longest time as an AC fan with little interest in aircraft outside the game.

What does all the stuff like fox 2 mean? And vectors? I should really look this stuff up.

Fox 1 / Fox 2 means you've fired one or two missiles. Since jet aircraft in reality don't carry many missiles, it's enough of an event to warn your allies in the same airspace.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_(code_word)

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Finally got to the end of the Russian part of the Aircraft Tree and unlocked my SU-57. Really like unlocking things and playing multiplayer for points. Gonna finish the main story today!

But man some of these missions are getting tough. I also question the whole point of having a restart at checkpoint, if the check points are only the cutscenes... which is like 15 minutes into a mission.

How many points do you get in MP? Haven't touched it yet been trying to improve my score in free mode.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Played a little bit, up to the second mission. Only got up to it because I kept dying trying to take out all ground support. I then dived into multiplayer for a number of rounds. Holy crap people are good. Even with a 2,000 cap, I was getting destroyed, top of the leaderboards had an average of four kills with 20+ hits. I won one match of TDM only getting one kill of five matches, so many missles and flares going off. Easy to lose track of people trying to dodge missles, even with radar. I then played FFA/BR and surprisingly managed second place by my second game, only losing at the last second by someone getting some hits on another player. Game is a lot of fun, you get credits like crazy in multiplayer, I had something like 300,000 by the end of seven matches, despite being in last place for 4/7 and only winning one TDM and second in FFA/Battle Royale.

Dec 13, 2017
Do you unlock planes in vr mode or you only use the first one they give you?
I unlocked one plane after getting a good score or something in the first VR mission and I'm trying to do the same for the second mission.
Googling I can't find any details about unlocks and stuff in the game.

Overall:
I need more VR. Please, anything, DLC, season pass, I'll pay sight unseen. It's amazing and I need more. Even shoe-horn in to the main campaign by limiting your aircraft selection, I'll take it!

The real question I have:
Has there been any official comments about flightstick support for AC5?

Fake edit: At least I've unlocked a plane and a SP in VR thus far.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL

Shack on the target means damage inflicted, but not destroyed. I looked that one up thanks to Zero.

Vector is an angle of approach, I think.

Also,

slH02j4.jpg

this is what V2 was for.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
I listened to the main theme on youtube (or what I figured was the main theme, since it was called Skies Unknown" and it sounded like...nothing?

What is the name of the main theme in this? They're always so good in every Ace Combat game (even that other one as y'all refer to it) and I want to hear 7's D:

What's this game's equivalent of Liberation of Gracemeria for you?

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Just got back. Immediately started in VR and played two missions. I'm sucked back into AC and I'm not looking back. Love the AC3 fanfare and VR adds SO much to the game. Only wished it had a tutorial to refresh myself with the controls and to account for first-timers that start with VR first. Hope this takes off, because a more fleshed out VR-parallel AC would be awesome!

SirRugdumph

Oct 27, 2017
I listened to the main theme on youtube (or what I figured was the main theme, since it was called Skies Unknown" and it sounded like...nothing?

What is the name of the main theme in this? They're always so good in every Ace Combat game (even that other one as y'all refer to it) and I want to hear 7's D:

What's this game's equivalent of Liberation of Gracemeria for you?

"Faceless Soldier" IMO. Been used in trailers a ton and it's great

"Sol Squadron" is also very good

I haven't finished the game yet though so there may be more, but I'm digging a lot of the game's music thus far

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017

I haven't finished the game yet though so there may be more, but I'm digging a lot of the game's music thus far

Those are both great! Good to know names of the tracks for the future.

Whoops, forgot to add. I haven't got my pre-order bonuses from Amazon, anyone else?

Contact Amazon. I did yesterday and they told me they'd escalate it and get back to me in a few hours. When I woke up this morning the code for AC5 (and the preorder planes, it's the same code) was in my inbox.

Nov 7, 2017
What the fuck is this mission 2 in Vr? MISSLE MISSLE MISSLE MISSLE MISSLE MISSLE MISSLE MISSLE MISSLE.
whats the best way to avoid being shot when youve been locked

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Finished the game, not sure I really understand what on earth happened in this game plot wise but I still really enjoyed it.

Sol Squadron is so good

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Those are both great! Good to know names of the tracks for the future.

Contact Amazon. I did yesterday and they told me they'd escalate it and get back to me in a few hours. When I woke up this morning the code for AC5 (and the preorder planes, it's the same code) was in my inbox.
Thanks, I'll do that then.

Oct 25, 2017
Man I'd pay 10$+ right now for Capital Conquest in Multiplayer

Im also surprised the color customization didn't return from Assault Horizon, its absence made sense for Infinity where they wanted you to earn everything.

Last edited:

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It was a mistake to play the VR mode first I think. So hard to get back to the 2D game after.
Wow, it's short! Will they sell more VR content? I want an entire ACE game like that.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You guys have any tips for mission six? It is beating my tail.

I know that getting the bombers before they even take off gives you a huge head start in points but I always finish 1500 or so away from the goal.

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017

I know that getting the bombers before they even take off gives you a huge head start in points but I always finish 1500 or so away from the goal.
All i can say is... buy an A-10 and whatever special Air to Ground munitions your can get.
Either that or you should just focus on the air targets, get the f14 with the 8AAM or whatever and unleash death in the skies.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
So...assuming you bought the "wrong" planes and mission 6 was wrecking you, how do you farm currency? Because it's kicking me so hard I can't count on any skill on my part.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017

1) get the A-10C, it makes any ground attack missions a cakewalk.
2) if you don't have it, Mig-29A with the LAGM is a good substitute (can hit up to 3 stacked up targets).
3) forget about mass ground target destruction, focus on air combat, air targets give significantly more points.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All i can say is... buy an A-10 and whatever special Air to Ground munitions your can get.
Either that or you should just focus on the air targets, get the f14 with the 8AAM or whatever and unleash death in the skies.
1) get the A-10C, it makes any ground attack missions a cakewalk.
2) if you don't have it, Mig-29A with the LAGM is a good substitute (can hit up to 3 stacked up targets).
3) forget about mass ground target destruction, focus on air combat, air targets give significantly more points.

The closest I've ever gotten was with the F-14 and LAAM/8AAM combo so I guess its my own sucky flying skills holding me back.

Thanks for the tips, I 'll keep at it.

Bear Patrol

Oct 27, 2017
The closest I've ever gotten was with the F-14 and LAAM/8AAM combo so I guess its my own sucky flying skills holding me back.

Thanks for the tips, I 'll keep at it.
It's also important to remember that you don't need to destroy every individual oil tank or facility. If you see a clump of enemy ground targets that includes an oil facility or gas tanks, aim for just one of those with your machine guns and, when it detonates, it'll blow up the whole group a second or two later. You can use this to quickly and safely destroy large groups of ground targets and boost your point total.

I farmed that mission 6 a couple of times for money and even managed to get a couple of AH-64 helicopters caught up in the explosions a few times :D

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
Going in blind on the PC version... which PS2 AC is this closer to in your opinions? :/

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Tried again this morning and seriously mission 8 can straight GTFO. One of the worst mission design i have encountered in a game in a long time, havent been this tilted in a game mission in a loooong time. It's fucking annoying as all fucking fuck to fly around in that fucking sandstorm and try to find trucks and pop them off while you have UAV's on you at the same time, if you dont take some of them out but then you barely have time left to find those mothefucking trucks.

Mission design from fucking hell.

Edit: FINALLY done with it. Feelsgoodman to finally be done with it.

Last edited:

Thickstone

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit at mission 6

I'm playing on normal and can absolutely not get enough points in the time limit. Help? I killed the bombers and all but no dice. The drones being agile AF doesn't help

Spades

Oct 26, 2017
Is this recommended for complete newcomers to the series/genre? I've fancied playing it for months but unsure if it'll be for me. Wish there was a demo.