• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
In mostly for the VR missions! :)
Game is downloading now.
Guess I'll try the other modes too but head locking looks so cool.

Too bad one can't play this mode in multi player but I guess it wouldn't be fair.

Edit: I just read through the thread and regarding the resolution I'll take 1080p60 ANY DAY for a game like this over 4k/30.

Last edited:

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I'm doing everything in the book to distract myself from the wait... Even binge Netflix... Lord help me.

RadicalR

Oct 27, 2017
So what order should I play this series? I think the only one I've beaten was the one on the 3DS.

Deleted member 2328

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just tried the VR demo available on the Japanese PSN store and all I can say is that GOD I WISH THEY MADE AN ENTIRE GAME IN VR because it works wonderfully. So much that I'm seriously trying to convince myself to NOT buy a flight stick.

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm trying to decide whether to get this on Pro or X knowing that neither are enhanced. I have the old hori hotas flight stick from the 360 days and was able to play ac6 on my x via the brook adapter last night which bodes well for 7.

At the same time, I'm super interested in the psvr missions, but know there are only 3 of them and last ~1hr.

If you had the choice of psvr vs using a flight stick, which would you choose? And don't say to buy a flight stick for ps4 :)

Was thinking about the brook 360 to ps4 adapter, but don't know about compatibility.

Thoughts?

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
I just tried the VR demo available on the Japanese PSN store and all I can say is that GOD I WISH THEY MADE AN ENTIRE GAME IN VR because it works wonderfully. So much that I'm seriously trying to convince myself to NOT buy a flight stick.

It's one of those things that has made me wonder why no one other than a few small indies have taken a crack at cockpit-based fighter games with a campaign mode. Sure, you've got the EVE: Valkyrie game, which is amazing, but is strictly multi-player, so you don't get the engaging, narrative based missions with highs, lows, betrayals and character deaths that you get from a single-player game.

Like, Sony OWNS Psygnosis, or what was left of it, before it became Sony Liverpool. They don't just own WipeOut, they own G-Police, Krazy Ivan and, most important of all COLONY WARS. And not one of these cockpit-based fighter games got resurrected for VR, despite the fact that everyone LOST THEIR MINDS when that Star Wars: Battlefront X-wing mission demo released.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
SkillUp's review is up. Might be good for newcomers because he's relatively new to the series and learns the appeal of it through his time with 7

Thomasmaurits

Nov 7, 2017
So hoping this sells well and we'll get more content/AC games down the line... it's not much but at least in the Netherlands the Strangereal edition is nowhere to be found anymore and at the biggest online retailer (bol.com) even the regular edition for PS4 is sold out.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
From reddit:
"In the AC5 main menu, go to the video options and enable widescreen mode."

It's probably 4:3 stretched if you do not that. The original PS2 game did have widescreen support in the same way.

Why that option is not default is beyond me but remember it :)

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
Any ideas when we'll be able to download AC5 and 6? I haven't received any codes from MS or Sony.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
So hoping this sells well and we'll get more content/AC games down the line... it's not much but at least in the Netherlands the Strangereal edition is nowhere to be found anymore and at the biggest online retailer (bol.com) even the regular edition for PS4 is sold out.

Thing is #2 on Amazon Japan and all the special editions were sold out at my local gaming shops here in East Tokyo. So might do well in Japan.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also I can confirm that Ace Combat 7 works with the Thrustmaster. I saw some folks discussing it earlier in there

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
So picked up my retail copy from Ebgames Aus and apparently the AC5 preorder codes are down at the moment globally. Anyone else having the same issue? Planned to play 5 before 7 and now that's pretty much down the drain.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I was glancing at the difference between the deluxe and regular editions. Don't care about emblems.. 3 stages and 3 planes.. hmm.