• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Any word on One X enhancements?
It's another Namco game bizarrely without any X enhancement patch (after Tales). So Pro is the way to go for this one it seems.

Doesn't make any sense given it was originally flagged as X-enhanced and they even mentioned higher resolution on X in interviews, so the work had been done. Hopefully someone will investigate what's really going on here, as it seems to be a Namco thing.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Tonight I will play through AC6 then maybe do the first mission of 7 before bed, then a looooong day at work :(

Last edited:

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Rather torn on the format for this. If I get it on Xbox I can play it on my Scorpio and the kids on the 1S.

Can anyone confirm the Xbox version is at least 1080p?

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Just played the VR demo. Agree that the English dub is more fitting. Too bad the demo is time limited to about four minutes.

Playing on the Pro, cockpit details are great although nonfunctional aside from the "radar" and weapons MFD. Graphics are serviceable but because the game is so arcadey, it actually breaks immersion for me haha but I'm coming from sims and PCVR. Still boatloads of fun though, to slam the plane around like crazy in one direction while my head is tracking another bogey on the opposite direction. Definitely the way to play. Also had absolutely zero nausea which was weird as Ultrawings gave me mild ones.

JamboGT

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I had heard it was this evening, game is out in Japan and it is about to be out in Australia and New Zealand, can't be up too much longer?

Oct 27, 2017
I had heard it was this evening, game is out in Japan and it is about to be out in Australia and New Zealand, can't be up too much longer?

Meanwhile on PC...

what_are_you_waiting_for.gif

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Is the gameplay fun and exciting? Like I'm interested in this but someone please make the game sound fun lol
Check out this thread for great posts explaining to a series/genre newcomer what makes Ace Combat fun and unique
https://www.resetera.com/threads/qu...plete-neophyte-to-the-series-and-genre.93709/

In short: Top Gun: the Anime + Metal Gear or Final Fantasy with alt-reality sci-fi jets + a fine balance between arcadey flight combat and skillful depth + compelling narrative-driven missions that escalate thrillingly along with amazing music

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
As in, the full game VR modes are short? I purchased on PS4 for VR so hoping it's pretty decent :)
No, there's a specific demo on the JP Store just for the VR mode. apparently it's super short and sometimes cuts out before you even get to dogfighting!

Still waiting for reviews on this. Maybe they didn't send out copies?

Yeah, the demo is super short, not even the first mission, just the first engagement. 3min30 tops. It fades to black and tells you "Thanks for playing".

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
I can't find a disc copy anywhere, so I'm assuming it's digital only? Which sucks. How big is the file?

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Strangely don't feel guilty
Ordered the 85 bucks deluxe edition on PS4 and canceled Xbox version on amazon
Got ac 5+6+ 7. Can't wait for tomorrow

Banderdash

Chicken Chaser
Nov 16, 2017
Australia
I have it installed digitally on my Xbox, just waiting for the unlock.

However, when i look at it... it doesn't stipulate that it's the deluxe edition. Nor does it have any other DLC installed.
And it's showing as last updated in September.

What is going on?
Is there a patch that'll be pushed at unlock time?... is the deluxe edition stuff coming later?... and what about the preorder bonus of AC6? Is that coming later too?

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Have bought digitally on Xbox. Didn't get the Deluxe, I'll make a choice on season pass later when I can actually see the content.

Deleted member 40953

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 12, 2018
Got my physical copy and the DLC code for PS4, tried redeeming it via the web browser store page on my PC and getting "Voucher is no longer valid" message.

Anyone else getting this?

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
Thanks if I had to play at 900p on XB1X it'd be really annoying.

Don't use my PS4Pro much and getting it on Sony would preclude my kids from playing.

However, consider that PS4 Pro's loud fans would for once actually add to the ambiance here :)

I'm sad I won't be able to join in on this at launch, but I do intend to get it as soon as possible. At least I already have AC6 that I still haven't played yet.

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
What's the replay value like on ace combat games? Never played one before and interested in 7. Sounds like theirs skill trees for all the fighter jets which intrigues me.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
What's the replay value like on ace combat games? Never played one before and interested in 7. Sounds like theirs skill trees for all the fighter jets which intrigues me.

I don't know about AC7. But in the past many of the games have had free flight mode. And some of them have also had a replay mode - it's rather fun watching a cinematic replay of your missions.

Also you can replay missions trying lots of different plane and weapon combinations.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So when do reviews drop? I know people got review codes. I also really want to see DigitalFoundry take a look at the game.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
The absence of pro enhancements is disappointing. I'll wait for the PC version even though I almost bought the PS4 one.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
It's another Namco game bizarrely without any X enhancement patch (after Tales). So Pro is the way to go for this one it seems.

Doesn't make any sense given it was originally flagged as X-enhanced and they even mentioned higher resolution on X in interviews, so the work had been done. Hopefully someone will investigate what's really going on here, as it seems to be a Namco thing.
Dang, this is really a bummer and sort of puts me off jumping on it right away. Will wait for DF and maybe a sell, but still glad AC is back.

JamboGT

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I just realised I have a Thrustmaster T Flight Hotas X in the house, I wonder if it works with the ps4 and with the game?

Bennibop

Oct 30, 2017
Never played any of the AC series, have preordered and cant wait to try when I get home tonight (has arrived a day early.)
It was the VR mode that got my to buy the game, probably wouldn't have otherwise, but the more I have read about the game the more hyped I have become.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
The absence of pro enhancements is disappointing. I'll wait for the PC version even though I almost bought the PS4 one.
I thought there was a Pro enhancement, it's just the X that doesn't seem to have one (for now at least).

EDIT: Seems I'm wrong:
Not quite, the game is 1080p with an uncapped framrate on base consoles and brute forces to 1080/60 on Pro/X. That's it, sadly don't think I'll be supporting this due to that.
Ugh. I was going to get the Pro version, being disappointed that X had no enhancement. Now I'm not sure what to do if neither are enhanced. 1080p sucks, but it's AC7.. and if a locked 60fps then.. Still a bummer though.