• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Not too happy right now, but I'm hoping it's not going to end up being a problem. Thought it was weird that I haven't got a shipping notice for my AC7 thrustmaster flight stick bundle from gamestop yet. Called and they said there has been a delay and they are trying to get these out as soon as they can. Really don't want to start playing on controller. Was looking forward to this weekend and now may be screwed. Anyone order this version for xbox from gamestop and heard anything yet?

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My body is ready!

O'er azure skies
And emerald plains
Where freedom and justice prevail
With courage and strength
We'll fight to the end
For liberty in our land.

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to reading some VR impressions. I've never played Ace Combat, but I really want to try playing the VR mode

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
EVDHqtr.gif

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Cannot wait to play more of this. Also someone correct me if im wrong but the current time is:
AC0 >AC4>AC5>AC6>AC7>AC3.

No idea where 1 and 2 fit in the time play

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Was wondering if VR was talked about for the PC version and I found this
"The VR contents are exclusive to PlayStation until January 2020, but there is no word on PC availability at this time."

Now where have I seen that before... it's looking like a case of RE7 where PC won't get VR which is disappointing.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that is correct, same with 1 and 2 for me, no idea where they are set.

JamboGT

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Ah cool, I actually have 1, 2 but not played them yet. The 3DS version is basically a remaster of 2 isn't it?

Then 3 is the crazy techno one :P

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017

JamboGT

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The update for 6 just finished so am going to go whet the appetite :D

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
WTF, this comes out Friday? Holy crap.

I preordered it in August before prime discounts ended so I guess I'm set on the PS4 version... I wonder how the PC version will do.

Furiousone

Oct 29, 2017
Game is preordered along with the official Hori flight stick. I was hoping to see movement on the shipment of the stick, but nothing yet. Ordered through Amazon.

JamboGT

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I guess while some of y'all are waiting and want to know more about the hype surrounding Ace Combat soundtracks (or if you are and just wanna listen to some good shit), you could check out a thread I made a few days ago that didn't get sort of flew under the radar (see what I did there).

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ac...d-goddamn-this-series-music-is-amazing.93262/

Not-so-shameless plug.
All I have done in work the last few days is listen to the soundtracks!

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Having played 0, 4 and 3(JP) last year in anticipation of this game, my fave is 3 because it dials up the sci-fi to eleven which is what it should do anyway. I'm constantly being annoyed that my F-4 can carry a zillion missiles haha.

Oct 25, 2017

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that never made sense to me. Why the hell did they do that? Still AC6 MP was fun.
It's a product of a time where Japan thought the PS3 was going to be a disaster and they tried to explore other options (before seeing that the Xbox is a US-centric console). Namco, specially, tried with many exclusives, none of them really worked though.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
Also currently playing this for review. As a fan of the older titles, this game speaks to me. Also the music in this game is 10/10. I have replayed stages just to hear some of the songs.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Infinity got to to 3 million + downloads but finding games was a bit of a bitch later in its life.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like it's already up. Just popped in the disc and it prompted a 5 GB update. Going to wait though. Not sure if installing my disc will mess up my digital bonus version and I'd rather have it digitally.

It will not cause any issues. Disc/Digital versions of Xbox games are interchangeable.

I've done it numerous times with Games with Gold titles.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Just pre-ordered it and I have no idea why lol. Never played any game in the series but I just figured if they throw a remaster of an old game too then why the hell not, something to keep me busy until RE2 drops.