• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
DfeyEIEUwAAIvAE.jpg:large

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
The song doesn't really mix well with the action being shown, but I'm excited for it anyway.
Still no solid details about the Xbox One X Enhancements and if they even exist. The game isn't listed as Xbox One X Enhanced so that isn't inspiring confidence. I'm not going to support a AAA game that doesn't even support the X.
In what planet is Ace Combat an AAA game? At least you will support it I guess.

Prat

Jan 9, 2018
Somebody here is gonna play this with a flight stick?
I thinking about buying it on PC only because I have a HOTAS t-flight x thats not ps4 compatible.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's amazing to see a new AC that so closely resembles the best in the series.

I can only hope this somehow results in a return to form Ridge Racer game from Namco.

Oct 25, 2017
Have they said what the reasoning is? I assume it is a necessary compromise due to the additional hardware demands of VR. (Less planes in the sky, less ground detail, ...)

War Thunder(a much lower requirement flight game) announced PSVR years ago, still haven't gotten it in or last I checked even discussed it further.
It was originally discussed as having it for launch even.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
No idea when I'll be able to get any more new games, but looking forward to this after not playing any Ace Combat games since the PS2 days.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Do we know of any Pro/X Enhancements?
The base consoles run with an unlocked frame rate in the 40s and they've said they're just "focusing" on frame rate. The game isn't labeled at X Enhanced at all so looks like they're just not bothering and letting it brute force to 1080/60. There is a single interview that mentioned higher resolutions on Pro/X but every other interview and the lack of the Enhanced label I'm doubting it. Which is frustrating because I want to get the game but I'm not going to get it if they're not even going to bother to Enhance it.

Not sure what they're thinking here. The whole "focusing on a smoother frame rate" is such BS as the game is just running at an uncapped frame rate. It's no different than games running with uncapped frame rates from well before the X/Pro were out.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Man I cannot wait, am sitting in work listening to soundtracks and am far too hyped.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
The base consoles run with an unlocked frame rate in the 40s and they've said they're just "focusing" on frame rate. The game isn't labeled at X Enhanced at all so looks like they're just not bothering and letting it brute force to 1080/60. There is a single interview that mentioned higher resolutions on Pro/X but every other interview and the lack of the Enhanced label I'm doubting it. Which is frustrating because I want to get the game but I'm not going to get it if they're not even going to bother to Enhance it.

Not sure what they're thinking here. The whole "focusing on a smoother frame rate" is such BS as the game is just running at an uncapped frame rate. It's no different than games running with uncapped frame rates from well before the X/Pro were out.

Hope isn't lost just yet. This is the cover the Australian EB Games is using for online listings.

97ccca9cd1db43e5aa64ef933318f148_Original.jpg

Though it has HDR listed so who knows. PS4 PAL region boxes are missing the Pro signifier but that's not always a telltale sign of support.

TtGlo73.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 2328

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
Pretty good launch trailer and I'm excited for my first Ace Combat in years.
Gotta wait an extra week for the PC release but I don't mind with all the games in the next few months.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is the VR exclusive to PS4? I want to try the VR stuff on my PC :x

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know if this was already posted somewhere else but according to Gematsu, Famitsu's review score leaked
9/9/9/8 [35/40]

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
What's the word on VR?
It is awesome. I've only played one mission (which I think was cut short in the demo booth at PAX Aus). Amazing fun. Cockpits are very detailed, graphics good overall, sound was great. Takeoff lacked a bit of urgency/atmosphere but that was my only gripe. So good to track a plane fly past and turn and watch, roll and loop and chase through clouds.

It's a timed exclusive to PS VR for 12 months.

According to the latest Official PlayStation Magazine it is 5 missions, not 3 previously reported.

It includes a free flight mode.

And there is an Air Show Mode where you stand on the deck of an aircraft carrier and watch formations fly past.

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown – Behind the Scenes in VR